Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: attack of the booklice!!!!!

Default Re: attack of the booklice!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    i checked already... dont have but.. i'm having an ant problem!..

my walls are pink.. if there are any spots it would be real obvious
    These booklice feed on mould. So, if you don't have mould, they won't be there. That's why I suggest that she re-paint her walls with good paint. There are paints out there that are anti mould/fungus.

But even if you don't have them on your walls, you may have them in your bookcase, etc...

this is common in every home and they supposed to be ticks as the name been called under vacuum cleaner vendors. Certain v. cleaners(waterbase) will be effective and I have this done with a good chemical paint work on all walls!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    guys/gals,

please take a look at your house walls today.
    and i mean take a GOOD look.
    when i was pasting some photos on my walls over the weekends , i notice some 'black dots'.initially i thought they were dusts...but when i try to swipe them off, they MOVE!
    upon closer scrutinisation, i realised they were all over the walls!

i called up a pest control company and they told me these are booklice.
    and they thrive best on singapore's humidity.
    for the past few days,(when my dehumidifier was off), the humidity was about 96%!!!

i did a search over internet and this was what i found.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2080.html

they are so small that you can hardly see their shape.i used 60mm macro lens and zoom in and i had to crop to really see their shape.it's exactly like what you see in the link.

just imagine these creatures find their way into your lens, camera.

you have been warned hor!

Quote Originally Posted by jtb View Post
    this is common in every home and they supposed to be ticks as the name been called under vacuum cleaner vendors.

Ticks are ticks... Booklice are booklice. Very different creatures.
    Ticks are nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    it's nice to have weather and seasons like HK.
    but in sgp, it's really summer all year round.

90mm?should be able to.

i used 60mm and zoom in with CS3.can even see the antennae.looks gross.

from now on, my dehumidifier will be on 24 hours.

though they are harmless, the sheer numbers make me shivers.
    Are you sure you like HK's weather like now? I am typing this from HK. It's lunch time but I don't want to go out for lunch because it's so hot and humid. Worse than Sgp!!

1 more week to Rush Hour 3

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    Are you sure you like HK's weather like now? I am typing this from HK. It's lunch time but I don't want to go out for lunch because it's so hot and humid. Worse than Sgp!!
    Haha now's hot like hell. But I don't know why, still find Singapore worse, end up my hands too slippery to hold the camera when I'm out in the field.

But after being back to Singapore for 3 months and then returning here to this... Can't wait for October onwards though.

Strange. As soon as this topic came up, I thought of attempting to photograph the booklice once more. But they're all gone into hiding; can't find a single one!

Quote Originally Posted by vespa_bicolor View Post
    Haha now's hot like hell. But I don't know why, still find Singapore worse, end up my hands too slippery to hold the camera when I'm out in the field.

But after being back to Singapore for 3 months and then returning here to this... Can't wait for October onwards though.

It is hot till feel like punching people at times. That's why I have been hiding either in office or at home these few weeks

I had also found some booklice in my house soon after I move in and it was after renovated. Had try all sort of ways to get rid of them, but they just keep coming out. I had use more than 10 cans of bygone to spray, few days later, they are out again. Until now I still can't figure out where are they hiding.
    I think before I can wipe them out, i may have poison myself with inhaling too much bygone.

Try not to use too much ordinary household insecticides! They often create resistance in all kinds of pests (ants, cockroaches and now booklice) because their ingredients dont very much between brands, and the concentrations are somewhat low.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123