Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: attack of the booklice!!!!!

Default Re: attack of the booklice!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    You wouldn't want to know what is crawling at night, they may even crawl over your face.........

HS
    After Spiderman there'll be a Liceman?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    clorox will corrode almost everything in the long run.especially metals.

yup.a/c or dehu, electric bills will shoot up like mad.

sigh...is there no guaranteed way of removing all these buggers?

last thing i want is to engage pest controller to decon my entire room/house.they said they could do it and they requires my house to be vacant for 5 hours.
    not to mention after that, we'll have to wipe down everything as the decon solution leaves residues

what's worse is ...
    they will NOT guarantee they will kill every single bug.
    U can always choose to reno ur house.

Get the pest contractor in first to put the bug bomb in. After dat, move in the contractors to reno. There after, before u shift back furniture, get the pest contractors in, den wipe down everything.

After dat clean house liaoz.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    U can always choose to reno ur house.

Get the pest contractor in first to put the bug bomb in. After dat, move in the contractors to reno. There after, before u shift back furniture, get the pest contractors in, den wipe down everything.

After dat clean house liaoz.
    that's a bit too extreme lah.
    all these for bugs?
    aiyo!
    pengzzz

that's a bit too extreme lah.
    all these for bugs?
    aiyo!
    pengzzz
    If it bothers you, then it's a problem. If my walls are infested with these bugs, it would bother me. To me, it's a hygiene thing. These things feed on mould and fungi. So there must be a fair bit of those on your walls. Even if you kill them, they would come back. Mould and fungi sgive out these pores, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Also, these bugs die and decompose around your room.

If I were in your shoes, I'd clean out the room and repaint it.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    If it bothers you, then it's a problem. If my walls are infested with these bugs, it would bother me. To me, it's a hygiene thing. These things feed on mould and fungi. So there must be a fair bit of those on your walls. Even if you kill them, they would come back. Mould and fungi sgive out these pores, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Also, these bugs die and decompose around your room.

If I were in your shoes, I'd clean out the room and repaint it.
    i have a feeling even if i repaint the entire room/house, prob will still be back cos of singapore's humidity.

wah.. that bad? i've not seen any though...
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    do go home and take alook.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    These creatures are everywhere, expect in places where the aircon is on 24hrs, and the humidity is low. Your whole house is air-conditioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    These creatures are everywhere, expect in places where the aircon is on 24hrs, and the humidity is low. Your whole house is air-conditioned?

I suspect I may have some in my storeroom because it's next to the place I hang my wet clothes. But the rest of my house looks ok because for most part of the year... I'm fortunate to get sea breeze. Sea breeze has salt content, which impedes mould/fungi growth. But it coats everything with sea haze. So, I have to keep metal furniture to a minimum... because they get corroded over time.

Also, when you get good airflow, the humidity level drops to about 70% or just under. On a rainy day, it's still over 90% though... That's life in Singapore.

dun see many around my house, only once in a while saw 1 or 2 flying. maybe HDB flats the walls are not so damp

some nasty stuff you got in your room... l lived for several years in BW house on portsdown... the old type no glass windows, just grills... didn't much of such a problem as i kept the fan going 24/7 and there were tons of lizards in the house, i guess they helped to keep the pests at bay... good luck cleaning
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    some nasty stuff you got in your room... l lived for several years in BW house on portsdown... the old type no glass windows, just grills... didn't much of such a problem as i kept the fan going 24/7 and there were tons of lizards in the house, i guess they helped to keep the pests at bay... good luck cleaning
    u stayed in BnW b4?

sigh..what can i say?only highly paid expats can afford such!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    After Spiderman there'll be a Liceman?
    than also have bman?

sorry for earlier OT.

Are they silverfishes? Silverfish dwell in books and wooden area.

Maybe you can try silverfish powder? I have them from SELFIX. It cost about $20 for a box, but all my books are now keeping safe at the study room.

No more cripie crawlies ever since I have the powder in shelves and a box of ANTIMOS (anti roach and anti mosquitoes).

Hi Jeanie, do you stay in your house or new house ? or only once a while?

I think the problem would be there due to humidity problem, it's common in singapore. try to have some patience and kill them maybe with tissue paper whenever you see them.

As time passes, you will realise that they decrease in numbers. And if you only stay there once a while, it's quite impossible to ventilate your house by opening the windows.

So your dehumidifier plays a big part. And try to see if the area of the wall affected is a box up area coz it's easier for the outside vapour to get trap in between the box-up and your actual wall.

At least now I know what those stuff hopping around my plant pots are!! But good to know they are pretty harmless to humans. Haven't seen them anywhere else in the house though, Thank goodness for that.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    sorry for earlier OT.

Are they silverfishes? Silverfish dwell in books and wooden area.

Maybe you can try silverfish powder? I have them from SELFIX. It cost about $20 for a box, but all my books are now keeping safe at the study room.

No more cripie crawlies ever since I have the powder in shelves and a box of ANTIMOS (anti roach and anti mosquitoes).
    nope.not silverfish.

these booklice are so small they are like dots you dot on your wall with a OHP marker.

seriously, do take a look at your walls.

Quote Originally Posted by swordman View Post
    Hi Jeanie, do you stay in your house or new house ? or only once a while?

I think the problem would be there due to humidity problem, it's common in singapore. try to have some patience and kill them maybe with tissue paper whenever you see them.

As time passes, you will realise that they decrease in numbers. And if you only stay there once a while, it's quite impossible to ventilate your house by opening the windows.

So your dehumidifier plays a big part. And try to see if the area of the wall affected is a box up area coz it's easier for the outside vapour to get trap in between the box-up and your actual wall.

i've been staying here for the entire lifetime.

ya.it's due to humidity.

Be glad you don't have these...

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2105.html

My friend's mattress was infested with these. Completely freaked him out...

do go home and take alook.
    i checked already... dont have but.. i'm having an ant problem!..

my walls are pink.. if there are any spots it would be real obvious
    chezburgr i can haz?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast