Thread: Printing in 4R

Default Printing in 4R

Hi,

Recently I just sent my pictures taken with my Canon A40 for printing in 4R size photo. The format I sent in is 1600x1200 pixels.

When I got the photos backed, I realize the top and bottom slightly cropped from the original. Only did it occur to me that the ratio for 4R and the digicam is different.

Which software can I use to easily cropped the image to 4R ratio for printing later???

Another question, will using a Wide Angle lens cause the edges to be slightly blured???

Thanxxx for the advice!

u can use photoshop. set to crop, set fixed aspect ratio 3:2, and trim as u see fit.

alternatively, some shops give u the option of printing it best fit.. there will be some white edges on the left/right side as they shrink the photo.

As the 3:2 ratio that we usually crop is not the precise ratio that the computers in the photo developing shops would use, certain cropping is more or less likely.

I usually tried to shoot with more space in the frame for the anticipated cropping by photofriend.

yeah. some machines will still crop around 2mm on each side. so make allowance.

Deregistered

Alternatively you can crop to 1788 x 1192 pixels. That is if you don't want the white border. It is extractly that size for FDIs. I do that and instruct the shop(s) I go to print "no resize". But this only applies if you send to Fuji FDIs.

how do you "crop" a 1600x1200 pic into a larger 1788x1192 pic?
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Deregistered

Easy.
    1. You select PhotoShop's (ver 6/7) Crop tool.
    2. You go to the top just below the menu bar.
    3. Type in 1788 px in the first box from the left hand side.
    4. Go to next box
    5. Type in 1192 px and go tot he 3rd box.
    6. Put 300 pixel/inch in the last box if you wish....

And happy cropping!