Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Newbie Question on TFCD

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Newbie Question on TFCD

    Sorry, after browsing through many old threads in here, can't really find something similar, so hope this is not a repeated thread title.

    I would like ask what are the things, processes, aspects, transportation or preparations need to arrange for any TFCD, or even paid models photo shoots?

    Example like the logistics, what about the logistics that we'll need to prepare? Do we have to provide make up for the model and their hair style, extra dresses or clothes to change or the model will bring their own, etc etc.

    Cause I would like to arrange with a model for TFCD shoot, but it'll be my first attempt taking such portraits shots, so thought better ask the more experienced bros/siss here for advice first.
    Last edited by Bored Dad; 29th July 2007 at 11:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    Sorry, after browsing through many old threads in here, can't really find something similar, so hope this is not a repeated thread title.

    I would like ask what are the things, processes, aspects, transportation or preparations need to arrange for any TFCD, or even paid models photo shoots?

    Example like the logistics, what about the logistics that we'll need to prepare? Do we have to provide make up for the model and their hair style, extra dresses or clothes to change or the model will bring their own, etc etc.

    Cause I would like to arrange with a model for TFCD shoot, but it'll be my first attempt taking such portraits shots, so thought better ask the more experienced bros/siss here for advice first.
    Go tie down the details with the model... does she know any MUA, which would both of you be comfortable with, etc...

    In general, TFCDs are largely organised by the photog, inclusive of most of the planning and logistics, but the model can volunteer certain services, like their own make-up, costumes, etc..
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #3

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    TFCD.

    photographer works for portfolio, model gets experience and portfolio.

    MUA can included in the TFCD session, it depends entirely on your shooting style and capabilities.

    Costumes/dressing. You will have to check with the model / talent on whether they are comfortable with the concept you are shooting, if you are shooting casual, maybe you will want to inform the mode/talent on what kind of theme you want, colours, styling and etc. You can also sponsor the dress also. but thats entirely up to you.

    Logistics. make sure your model/talent dun get baked under the sun for too long, give her time to rest and do some touch up....if you have a car/transport would be good. pick her up from somewhere and to the location. saves the hassel too... since both of you are working together as a team, its good that both of you have a good decent working relationship with no hanky panky. (i know a few ******* photographers whose hands are itchy... and they post images on sammyboy)

    So... all in all.. take care of the model no matter what.

    have proper documentations to protect yourself in relation to your work. sekali the model give your images to her agent, den the agent use your images for commercial reasons den you are not paid, sue here sue there...

    so also good to have proper black and white to protect yourself.. i said GOOD to have. not compulsory. But GOOD to have..

    my 5 cents worth.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by ResourceNINE View Post
    have proper documentations to protect yourself in relation to your work. sekali the model give your images to her agent, den the agent use your images for commercial reasons den you are not paid, sue here sue there...
    wah lao...you think sue her sue there very easy arr...

    TFCD is the simplest form of model shoot one can do...cause u blur...she also blur...all blur blur...then that will be fun...cause both side will give idea to make the blur blur shoot into something fun...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    The answer to your question is mostly.. "it depends". For simplicity's sake and since it is your first time to do a TFCD shoot, I suggest you let the model use her own make-up and use her own clothes. Since it is your first shoot, keep it simple by trying to stick to a certain location. Don't go moving to different locations several minutes away. Try to stick to a maximum of one attire change since changing takes time. Before the shoot, try to think of the poses you want to take. Respect your model.. especially if they are young and/or inexperienced. Don't try to make them do shots that they are uncomfortable with. Good luck.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    #1, keep it simple.
    #2, make up is very important, unless she is only 10 years old or younger.
    #3, must have plan for what to shoot.
    #4, don't be too ambition, shooting for 3~4 hours, one hour plus is good enough with good planing.
    #5, don't go to too remote area, think safety for everyone.
    #6, must have basic knowledges of photography and know your camera well.
    #7, get your shots right at the site, else waste everybody time if you can't salvage your shot during the post production.
    #8, make sure you give the CD to the model.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    Thank you very much for all the comments, suggestions, info provided, truly appreciated and grateful.

    So last few questions, is there any time restriction like how many hours to shoot, or even how many shots the photographer can take?

    Is reflector(s) is must? Or it's a good to have? Cause if with reflector, then chances are assistance will be required.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by ResourceNINE View Post
    so also good to have proper black and white to protect yourself.. i said GOOD to have. not compulsory. But GOOD to have..

    my 5 cents worth.
    Thank you very much for your info and suggestions.

    Just like to confirm, what 'black & white' are you referring to? Legal document? Or proper documentation of photos taken?

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    Thank you very much for all the comments, suggestions, info provided, truly appreciated and grateful.

    So last few questions, is there any time restriction like how many hours to shoot, or even how many shots the photographer can take?

    Is reflector(s) is must? Or it's a good to have? Cause if with reflector, then chances are assistance will be required.
    if it is a TFCD or private paid shot, all is between you and your models, if it is a organize model shoot, it depends what the organize offer.
    use of reflector is up to you, you want to ask someone hold it for you also fine.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    A-ha~~~ Do you guys watermarked all the photos that you give to the model?

  11. #11
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Newbie Question on TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    TFCD is the simplest form of model shoot one can do...cause u blur...she also blur...all blur blur...then that will be fun...cause both side will give idea to make the blur blur shoot into something fun...

    Well said.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •