Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1004

Thread: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

  1. #461
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I use another pc do 3D... Still slow like crazy. In task manager there's a mysterious process called "services" by SYSTEM that's slowing it down.
    Its normal .. i have it running here on my XP machine too ...

  2. #462
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Its normal .. i have it running here on my XP machine too ...
    comps can be pure headache at times..... *no mood mode on*

  3. #463

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    turn off windoz updating services and disable your av.

    you can try to kill that services process tree too.
    lol...services cant b killed..coz its critical file to run in XP...it control all ur prog running fg n bg...1 to speed up xp best is to change the system properties->performance to best performance...off AV, window update, system restore...disable indexing service n themes...this few will speed up ur system by ard 15-20%...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  4. #464

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    lol...services cant b killed..coz its critical file to run in XP...it control all ur prog running fg n bg...1 to speed up xp best is to change the system properties->performance to best performance...off AV, window update, system restore...disable indexing service n themes...this few will speed up ur system by ard 15-20%...
    can lah...

    if you recalled I recently reformated my old PC the fresh installation needs to have tons on updates..the analysing takes a lot of processor cycles... I've traced it to one of the services and killed it. From then on I dun use autoupdates liao.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  5. #465

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    can lah...

    if you recalled I recently reformated my old PC the fresh installation needs to have tons on updates..the analysing takes a lot of processor cycles... I've traced it to one of the services and killed it. From then on I dun use autoupdates liao.
    eer...services.msc is a critical file lel...cannot b killed in task manager lel..if u kill will cause instability...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  6. #466
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Its normal .. i have it running here on my XP machine too ...
    Strange, some comps don't have Services...

  7. #467

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    eer...services.msc is a critical file lel...cannot b killed in task manager lel..if u kill will cause instability...
    Taskmgr got soo many services running mah.. depends on which programs call it loh. But every program will oen a different instance of the services. So juz dun kill those called by the OS can liao.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  8. #468

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Taskmgr got soo many services running mah.. depends on which programs call it loh. But every program will oen a different instance of the services. So juz dun kill those called by the OS can liao.
    lol...eer...redstone refering the services is a process name in task manager tat cant b kill..hahaha...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  9. #469

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Strange, some comps don't have Services...
    hahahaha....cant b...all XP sure ve....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  10. #470
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    hahahaha....cant b...all XP sure ve....
    Sch comps auto forced shut down by the network at 5pm sharp. I used taskmgr to end a process so you can work invisibily. Also no need book comp to use. Hehe... Is Services process linked to this?

  11. #471

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    lol...eer...redstone refering the services is a process name in task manager tat cant b kill..hahaha...
    Same one lah.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  12. #472

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Sch comps auto forced shut down by the network at 5pm sharp. I used taskmgr to end a process so you can work invisibily. Also no need book comp to use. Hehe... Is Services process linked to this?
    wait...i super blur liao...u means services.exe in task manager or wat?
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  13. #473
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    school studio's under table
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Stop surfing the net and stop doing other things.. when the PC is rendering .. leave it alone so it will render faster.

    When you use the PC it'll slow the rendering down as the PC needs CPU cycles to run stuff like your BROWSER ...
    this is so WELL SAID!
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

  14. #474
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    wait...i super blur liao...u means services.exe in task manager or wat?
    yup services.exe paiseh

  15. #475

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Same one lah.
    i think i blur wif wat ur saying liao...hahaha...i tot its this services.exe ur saying...

    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  16. #476

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam View Post
    this is so WELL SAID!
    hahahahaha....so how was first 2 day of sch?
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  17. #477

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    yup services.exe paiseh
    tat 1 cant b ended de lel...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  18. #478
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam View Post
    this is so WELL SAID!
    bleah....



    how's sch?

  19. #479
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    tat 1 cant b ended de lel...
    It's using as much mem as photoshop itself leh. some comps either dont have or runs very 'low'.

  20. #480
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    school studio's under table
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXI - Huat Ah!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    hahahahaha....so how was first 2 day of sch?
    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    bleah....



    how's sch?
    it is kns... left us poly students to take on module bidding by ourselves when we are still unclear on wat modules are being exempted... really pui pui pui.

    and.... they will clarify wif us when our "protected" bidding round endssss.... ended up not protected... kns.. kns... kns...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •