Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

  1. #1

    Default Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Let us share the many ways of creating vignetting effect using Photoshop and other methods.

    I would normally use when I am converting my RAW files.

    Oracle have shared with us that he uses Filter - Distort

    Some other members use the burning effect manually.

    Let us share! No Trade Secrets...!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    This is using the burn effect:


  3. #3

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    My Simple Style.

    1. Elleptical Marquee Tool 2. Select Invert 3. Feather (from 100~150) up to you 4. Curve (pull down the curve)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Thanks for the contributions..................

    Anymore other ways to do vignetting effect?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    I am using Photoshop CS2 most of the time. Maybe I am new, but I suggest to do it under Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette > "adjust to left". I am not sure is it the same method as described by Oracle coz I just saw the thread and do a quick reply to share my technique on this vignette thingy...hope it helps..
    I don't have holy trinity...
    I only have Photoshop CS4 | Mouse | Keyboard | CRT

  6. #6
    Senior Member Override2Zion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore/Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    2,111

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!



    This is my try on the selective area vignetting that was mentioned in another thread.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

  7. #7
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    This is using the burn effect:

    I like this, if softer... mood better I think.

    ../azul123

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    I like this, if softer... mood better I think.

    ../azul123
    Thanks, but i like it the way it is

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    After adjusting the vignette, you can move the "center Position" (the slider below the vignette slider) to adjust the size of the vignette

    Quote Originally Posted by picheers View Post
    I am using Photoshop CS2 most of the time. Maybe I am new, but I suggest to do it under Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette > "adjust to left". I am not sure is it the same method as described by Oracle coz I just saw the thread and do a quick reply to share my technique on this vignette thingy...hope it helps..

  10. #10

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    I sometimes use a reversed circular gradient. looks crappy though. hehe

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Normally, I would create a black layer, use a big brush to erase the area I want to show then adjust the transparency to suit.
    Using GIMP currently...
    Just me...

  12. #12
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Quote Originally Posted by magnum25 View Post
    I sometimes use a reversed circular gradient. looks crappy though. hehe
    feather it.... and you'd get a better effect.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  13. #13

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    After adjusting the vignette, you can move the "center Position" (the slider below the vignette slider) to adjust the size of the vignette

    Thanks for the tips guys. This is the result from hands-on following your advice with the pic borrowed from a pal here(hope he dosn't mind).


  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

    No prob.

    Quote Originally Posted by wkender View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys. This is the result from hands-on following your advice with the pic borrowed from a pal here(hope he dosn't mind).


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •