Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: need help in photoshop

  1. #1

    Default need help in photoshop

    Can anyone tell me how to make motion trail using photoshop? something like a moving object leave a trails behind.

  2. #2

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Er.

    If you want like, light trails , impossible to PP out from one solo car.

    If it is just slight movement, very easy, filter --> blur --> motion blur

    If you want motion blur with some sharpness, then use layering to achieve what you want. =)

  3. #3
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    photoshop can do a lot of things but its not almighty.Adding in light trails,i believe is near impossible

  4. #4

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    photoshop can do a lot of things but its not almighty.Adding in light trails,i believe is near impossible
    Kekeke..sounds like a challenge is thrown guys..
    But why do you think its 'impossible'?
    Last edited by firestone; 31st July 2007 at 12:04 AM.

  5. #5
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by firestone View Post
    Kekeke..sounds like a challenge is thrown guys..
    But why do you think its 'impossible'?
    onz lah!

    sample picture lai!
    sigh.

  6. #6

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    1. Extract the object you want from the background layer.
    2. Create two duplicate layers of that object (let's call it layer A and B)
    3. Apply motion blur as needed to layer A
    4. Move layer A below Layer B

    Viola you have your object sharp with the motion blurred layer underneath. Feel free to mask off the trailing edges on layer B with varying degrees of opacity to get a more natural effect.
    Last edited by peapilot; 31st July 2007 at 04:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by firestone View Post
    Kekeke..sounds like a challenge is thrown guys..
    But why do you think its 'impossible'?
    haha coz it wont look realistic?i cant imagine how someone is going to do it

  8. #8
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    haha coz it wont look realistic?i cant imagine how someone is going to do it
    that's why must try first mah. liddat then got fun.
    sigh.

  9. #9
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    that's why must try first mah. liddat then got fun.
    lol you like challenges man

  10. #10
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    photoshop can do a lot of things but its not almighty.Adding in light trails,i believe is near impossible
    Not sure what exactly you mean by motion trail: light trails? Motion blur? Or ghosting?
    For motion blur here is roughly how to do it:

    First you want to isolate the object that you wish to motion blur.

    1.) Enter quick mask mode by pressing Q (You will see everything highlighted in red)
    2.) Select the pen tool and create a selection path around the object
    3.) Right click and make a selection
    4.) Select marquee tool. Right click and save selection.
    5.) Exit quick mask.
    5.) Under the alpha channel you should see your selection
    6.) Uncheck the RGB channels and leave only the alpha selection
    7.) Select the magic wand tool
    8.) Highlight the blank area
    9.) Check all the RGB boxes and uncheck the alpha selection
    10.) Copy the selected area.
    11.) Create new layer and paste.
    12.) Select filter > blur > motion blur and apply
    13.) Touch up the necessary areas by zooming and using the eraser tool to get a nice edge.

    For Light Trails:

    1.) On your photo layer, select the eye dropper tool and click on the colour of the trail. This colour will now be in your colour swatch
    2.) Create new layer
    3.) Select the air brush tool
    4.) Set opacity to approx 60-70% and start painting the motion light streaks.
    5.) Apply motion blur to the painted layer
    6.) Set the blend mode to overlay and adjust opacity.
    7.) Repeat steps 1-6 for additional layers.

    For ghosting:

    I believe the clone stamp tool + Layers + opacity and blends will work.

    just need to experiment abit.

    Hope this bit of info will aid you.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by g-khoo; 31st July 2007 at 09:19 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: need help in photoshop

    hi, thanks alot I will try.

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Not sure what exactly you mean by motion trail: light trails? Motion blur? Or ghosting?
    For motion blur here is roughly how to do it:

    First you want to isolate the object that you wish to motion blur.

    1.) Enter quick mask mode by pressing Q (You will see everything highlighted in red)
    2.) Select the pen tool and create a selection path around the object
    3.) Right click and make a selection
    4.) Select marquee tool. Right click and save selection.
    5.) Exit quick mask.
    5.) Under the alpha channel you should see your selection
    6.) Uncheck the RGB channels and leave only the alpha selection
    7.) Select the magic wand tool
    8.) Highlight the blank area
    9.) Check all the RGB boxes and uncheck the alpha selection
    10.) Copy the selected area.
    11.) Create new layer and paste.
    12.) Select filter > blur > motion blur and apply
    13.) Touch up the necessary areas by zooming and using the eraser tool to get a nice edge.

    For Light Trails:

    1.) On your photo layer, select the eye dropper tool and click on the colour of the trail. This colour will now be in your colour swatch
    2.) Create new layer
    3.) Select the air brush tool
    4.) Set opacity to approx 60-70% and start painting the motion light streaks.
    5.) Apply motion blur to the painted layer
    6.) Set the blend mode to overlay and adjust opacity.
    7.) Repeat steps 1-6 for additional layers.

    For ghosting:

    I believe the clone stamp tool + Layers + opacity and blends will work.

    just need to experiment abit.

    Hope this bit of info will aid you.

    Cheers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •