Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: Letter of Guarantee..

  1. #81

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by mlwang View Post
    Morale of story: Buy term insurance when you are young and cost is low. Dont wait.
    You got it right and wrong.

    The cost is not fixed. As you grow older, the insurance charges more to insure you. Yes, premium is fixed but the component that goes into the savings/investment/bonus (whatever you call it) is being reduced as you grow older. It doesn't matter if you buy it young or old.

    The reason why you should get it when you are young is 1) you don't know when things will happen 2) when you're young and free of illness, insurance company will cover all. But if you're old and get sick, the insurance company may decide not to insure you or only give you partial coverage.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    not everything can be controlled one.

    I think it's better to live and eat merrily
    It is this statement that enforce my view that we should never subsidize too much. People will definitely take advantage of the system and won't be responsible for their health. Why should I scrimp and save, exercise everyday, watch my diet, pay high taxes and subsidize those who simply could not care?

  3. #83

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    But you're asking for govt to force insurance companies to accept you when they have made a business decision not to. Strange, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    I not asking for FREE health care! i am asking for solutions to which i can find to, if i should find myself with cancer.

    In the frist place, i wasn't able to get insurance cause of my health. I been to plenty of insurance companies and they had rejected me over and over again, even when i am ready to let them load me! I would like to have some regulations to help me to get insurance of some sorts, i, for one, do not want to EVER get so sick, but i would like to have some form of insurances, that will take some bills off my mind, so i don't have to worry about bills while trying to fight off cancer.

  4. #84

    Smile Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Nisa, perhaps, you could request the insurance co to exclude certain existing medical conditions from coverage. no loss in trying.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    Nisa, perhaps, you could request the insurance co to exclude certain existing medical conditions from coverage. no loss in trying.
    They did. so they said they would only cover, if i die. Cause my illness has alot of other conditions that might arise.



    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    It is this statement that enforce my view that we should never subsidize too much. People will definitely take advantage of the system and won't be responsible for their health. Why should I scrimp and save, exercise everyday, watch my diet, pay high taxes and subsidize those who simply could not care?
    I am responsible for my health, i never ask the gov't to subsidize too much for me, I paid for all my medical bills myself, except for one operation which i had, even then i did not choose the lowest grade when i could. It's not that i don't care, it's just i prefer to lead a happier life. And living and eating merrily doesn't mean that i would take advantage of the system, u are just saying that i am "taking advantage".

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    But you're asking for govt to force insurance companies to accept you when they have made a business decision not to. Strange, right?
    I am not asking the gov't to force anyone into doing anything. Since so many are talking about insurance, then i asking if there is any regulations that can ensures everyone do have some form of insurances, like in the US. I am not asking the gov't to tell me what to do, esp when i do not know what i should do, if i am sick. Though, I think death is the quickest and fastest way.
    Last edited by Nisa; 1st August 2007 at 03:12 PM.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    dun post....dun post.....dun post.....

    Haiyah, cannot resist. I read through this thread from post number 1. No one got a grip on reality except Mr Nightmare. Yah, "free" healthcare, except its never free. Free at the point of service? Pay up at the next income tax exercise ok? The same guys complaining about GST increase, posting here demanding "affordable" healthcare. Not only that, must be first world, blood bank cannot run out, waiting time cannot be long, drugs must be cheap, everything oso want. $8 for consult at the polyclinic, but must open at night all the way, short waiting time please, docotrs and nurses welfare be damned.

    When the ugly reality hits, and Mr Nightmare puts forth the unpalatable postion, guess what? The same old tired predictable "worm" accusation by the same old tired usual suspects. If you can't win the argument, attack the person, ok? Mr centruyegg, you mean a person cannot have a thought contradictory to yours and not be independently thinking for himself? i.e. only you are capable of rational independent thinking? If you fail to realise, that is the most arrogant position to take.

    Should the g-ment do more about healthcare? In my heart of hearts, I absolutely think so. But not in the way that people think. Folk are very willing to spend money on holidays and lenses and the like, but when you ask then to put up for health insurance, they like to pass the buck to the g-ment. Are there poor people who cannot afford? Yes, definitely. But it is not YOU, the guy posting on CS with a drybox and 5K worth of camera bodies. If you don't buy health insurance for yourself, fall sick, and then depend on government subsidies, the I'm sorry, IMO, you are stealing from the poor who really need it. You drive a car to work, affording petrol, parking and accessories like that nice rear spoiler and rims, and attend at the polyclinic? Sorry, you shouldn't be taking time from the docs or medicines from the pahrmacy meant for the bottom 25% of the population.

    Where is the problem? The navel gazing, avaricious, narrow minded Singaporean, and yes, a bureaucratic, penny-pinching g-ment.
    You quote my post, but I don't understand very well what you are trying to say here.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    If you are concerned about finances, please check yourself into C class in a public hospitals. You may have to stay in a non-aircon ward and can't choose your doctor, but you still will have an equally competent team of doctors headed by someone with 15-30 years of experience looking after you.

    I think many people will be surprised by the number of people who can't afford but still seek treatment at private hospitals which charge $$$$$. Disease can make people irrational to seek out the "best" care even if its beyond their means. Thats not to say that public hospital bills are easy to cover for all people. But an 80% government subsidy is a whopping lot.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    I am not asking the gov't to force anyone into doing anything. Since so many are talking about insurance, then i asking if there is any regulations that can ensures everyone do have some form of insurances, like in the US. I am not asking the gov't to tell me what to do, esp when i do not know what i should do, if i am sick. Though, I think death is the quickest and fastest way.
    Oh yes you are. Regulations by definition is using the law to force a certain behaviour, in this case, to make the insurers give you insurance they otherwise would not.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    Oh yes you are. Regulations by definition is using the law to force a certain behaviour, in this case, to make the insurers give you insurance they otherwise would not.

    Oh no i am not. I am not making any insurers to give me any insurances they otherwise would not. I am just asking if the gov't can come up with something (which i felt they had with medishield n medisave to some extend) to cover a bigger portion of my "future" medical bills. I don't mind pay more monthly, but i just don't want to be suddenly asked to pay a lump sum just because i had to have a certain treatment.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Oh no i am not. I am not making any insurers to give me any insurances they otherwise would not. I am just asking if the gov't can come up with something (which i felt they had with medishield n medisave to some extend) to cover a bigger portion of my "future" medical bills. I don't mind pay more monthly, but i just don't want to be suddenly asked to pay a lump sum just because i had to have a certain treatment.
    Oh yes you are. To quote your original post:

    "In the frist place, i wasn't able to get insurance cause of my health. I been to plenty of insurance companies and they had rejected me over and over again, even when i am ready to let them load me! I would like to have some regulations to help me to get insurance of some sorts, i, for one, do not want to EVER get so sick, but i would like to have some form of insurances, that will take some bills off my mind, so i don't have to worry about bills while trying to fight off cancer."

    If govt wants to give you insurance, they don't need to have regulations. Just like New Singapore Shares, Economic Restructuring Shares, etc. govt can give anything they want without regulations.

    Regulations by definition are subsdiary legislation aimed at ensuring compliance, in this case, to make someone offer you insurance when they would otherwise decline.

    Look, we can sympathise with your plight, but if you refuse to acknowledge what you have stated in writing, your credibility will go down, as will the sympathy for you.
    Last edited by waileong; 2nd August 2007 at 09:42 AM.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    Oh yes you are. To quote your original post:

    "In the frist place, i wasn't able to get insurance cause of my health. I been to plenty of insurance companies and they had rejected me over and over again, even when i am ready to let them load me! I would like to have some regulations to help me to get insurance of some sorts, i, for one, do not want to EVER get so sick, but i would like to have some form of insurances, that will take some bills off my mind, so i don't have to worry about bills while trying to fight off cancer."

    If govt wants to give you insurance, they don't need to have regulations. Just like New Singapore Shares, Economic Restructuring Shares, etc. govt can give anything they want without regulations.

    Regulations by definition are subsdiary legislation aimed at ensuring compliance, in this case, to make someone offer you insurance when they would otherwise decline.

    Look, we can sympathise with your plight, but if you refuse to acknowledge what you have stated in writing, your credibility will go down, as will the sympathy for you.
    Of course the gov't can give me anything they think is right.
    What u said might be true, it could have seemed that I am asking the gov't to regulate the insurance industries. I do not however think that is my motive. I "would like" to have alot of things happen for me, but that doesn't meant it would happen.

    What i am doing is just rantings on how i felt about a certain situation. I had not asked for any sympathy from anyone.

    And again No I am not making anyone do anything that they do not wish to do. It's a choice.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    It is this statement that enforce my view that we should never subsidize too much. People will definitely take advantage of the system and won't be responsible for their health. Why should I scrimp and save, exercise everyday, watch my diet, pay high taxes and subsidize those who simply could not care?
    Pots! how can you say such thing as, we should never subsidize too much. There definately a need for some medical subsidy! It is about managing and introducing a proper grading system, not who stays in how many room type of hdb flat to get better subsidy

    and
    How would people take advantage of the system and not responsible about their health
    It's their body and life right, you can't assume that!

    Case 1
    My uncle, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't smoke, takes care of himself religiously, exercises etc etc, super KS guy. in the end, had some heart flu thingy, doctors dunno what happen, he probably got it from childhood, now suffering for it. Would you say he didn't take care of himself?

    What would happen if some sudden illness happen to you, would you still say the same thing?
    http://travel.ullyss.com
    Punkrock died when the first kid said Punk’s not dead,punk’s not dead

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Letter of Guarantee..

    Quote Originally Posted by ullyss View Post
    Pots! how can you say such thing as, we should never subsidize too much. There definately a need for some medical subsidy! It is about managing and introducing a proper grading system, not who stays in how many room type of hdb flat to get better subsidy

    and
    How would people take advantage of the system and not responsible about their health
    It's their body and life right, you can't assume that!

    Case 1
    My uncle, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't smoke, takes care of himself religiously, exercises etc etc, super KS guy. in the end, had some heart flu thingy, doctors dunno what happen, he probably got it from childhood, now suffering for it. Would you say he didn't take care of himself?

    What would happen if some sudden illness happen to you, would you still say the same thing?
    Yes, you are right, its not his fault. So who should pay for it? Family chip in? Or friends? Or taxpayers? If it were my uncle instead, you happy if the g-ment raise GST again next year to pay for rising medical subsidies. I'm not saying there is a right answer, but bear in mind that someone pays in the end.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •