Thread: Printing Panoramas

Phildate
    Guests

Default Printing Panoramas

Help!

I've created a rather decent panorama of Perth using Panorama Maker (bundled with Nikon 4300 and I'm very impressed).

It's dimensions are approx 7000 x 1600 pixels which presumably means I can get a decent 22.3 x 5.3 inch print.

My question is, where can I get the print done? Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Phildate
    Guests

Default Perth Panorama

Just worked out how to inserts images - thanks for the thread in 'newbies':

You can either print it yourself on an inkjet using roll paper (on supported inkjets like the Epson 890, 900 etc) or send to a lab that does panoramic prints like Colour Lab, Foto Hub, etc, or combine 2 panoramic images into one 8x12 or 10x15, print that, and split it yourself.

Regards
    CK

Deregistered

Or you can print on Lambda....

Default Re: Printing Panoramas

Originally posted by Phildate
    Help!

I've created a rather decent panorama of Perth using Panorama Maker (bundled with Nikon 4300 and I'm very impressed).

It's dimensions are approx 7000 x 1600 pixels which presumably means I can get a decent 22.3 x 5.3 inch print.

My question is, where can I get the print done? Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
    i dunno abt panaroma shots... but i have printed A2 size photo montages... cost me $16, matt and laminated at bras basah.

Default Re: Re: Printing Panoramas

Originally posted by blizzy
    i dunno abt panaroma shots... but i have printed A2 size photo montages... cost me $16, matt and laminated at bras basah.
    Care to share where in Bras Basah can we get it done? How big is A2? 2x of A3?

Spot on!

A3 = 420 L x 297 W
    A2 = 594 x 420
    Last edited by drafting88; 13th April 2003 at 08:54 PM.

Then that's a superb price for large, hang on the wall prints!!!

A2 is 42 x 60 actually.

was a huge montage of lotsa pics. printed it at a miserable 150 dpi(normal pics are 300 dpi) and the quality was acceptable! 300dpi would have been great. Sent in a 30mb tiff file on cd. was a project.

There are lotsa printing shops at bras basah complex. Mine was a bit lower than normal cos got discount(fren fren). Probably cost $20 normally i guess.

Originally posted by blizzy
    A2 is 42 x 60 actually.

was a huge montage of lotsa pics. printed it at a miserable 150 dpi(normal pics are 300 dpi) and the quality was acceptable! 300dpi would have been great. Sent in a 30mb tiff file on cd. was a project.

There are lotsa printing shops at bras basah complex. Mine was a bit lower than normal cos got discount(fren fren). Probably cost $20 normally i guess.
    Could you clarify the size of A2 again? 42x60??
    Do you know if its possible to print just one picture instead of a montage?

Thanks!

Blizzy is correct.....it is 594 x 420 to be exact.

sure. Give them any form of image file. Jpeg, tiff. And they'll print it for u. Mine was actually a poster. But the paper was pretty good i would say. Not quite photo paper, but it was laminated, so who would know.

A2 is ard 42x60
    A1 is 84x60.. cant remember the price.

on a side note, framing A2 size poster is $40 at the ground floor shop(simple metallic/wooden frame).

oh, and the shop i printed is on the 2nd floor...
    E&B Design Enterprise tel: 63370168.
    I gave it to them. go down buy drink, 20 mins later collect.
    There may be cheaper shops.. i dunno. Didnt really check. The prices dont vary much i heard.
    Last edited by blizzy; 13th April 2003 at 08:59 PM.

Sounds like a cool deal! But I would like to have a big white border ard my pic. So does that means I need to pay even more for the frame?

yesh, u have to pay more, if i remember, 1-2 inch border is.... $44-50, since the frame will be bigger. Takes abt 2-3 days to do. Unless its peak time, like CNY. then 1 week.
    I ordered b4 cny, the guy tell me 1 week... i insist, he agree 2 days. lol. no xtra fee.

Its the shop facing Bugis side, first floor. corner shop, first shop.
    I had to look for it, the rest were expensive(70 bucks ard there)

wow... thanks blizzy!

I got a 3mp picture to print and I heard it can print 10R comfortably with software upsampling. Wonder if its enuff for A2?

take note that normal photo quality is 300 dpi.

So.... translating.... u need a file thats about..... 4950x7020 pixels.

Smaller files, u'll start seeing loss in quality of cos.... but then again, i printed at 150 dpi, and i was fairly happy with it.