Thread: Calibratiing LCDTV

Default Calibratiing LCDTV

Have a qn....Can the Spyder device be used to calibrate a LCDtv or need a special type? Anyone can advise?
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

Default Re: Calibratiing LCDTV

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Have a qn....Can the Spyder device be used to calibrate a LCDtv or need a special type? Anyone can advise?
    Bump for the evening crowd....anyone can help?

Wat I need to know is will the spyder be able to calibrate in the LCD TV when it is in PC mode. Tks.
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

I tried and calibrated mine LCDTV without problem, though I was using Eye One, think it should not be any problem with other calibrator also.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

To calibrate LCD TV or Plasma TV you probably need to get the Colorvision SpyderTV. It looks like the regular Spyder but you also need a notebook PC to run the software to calibrate the TV. I think it cost $399 at Cathay Photo.

If too expensive you might try getting a DVD called Video Essentials. The DVD will show you how to calibrate both TV and Home Theater Audio using their test patterns/test tones. It also comes with a blue filter to adjust your TV with one of their test patterns. You might try looking for this DVD at Gramaphone or HMV.