Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

  1. #61

    Smile Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    "pay back the CPF". not heard of such requirement from cpf to pay back such 'losses'. remembered the court case of a couple who rejected en bloc because of cpf losses. court ruled no requirement from cpf to make good the losses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Yah, it is ok to disagree with my logic. The reasons why i have this idea is because I have two friends who decided not to divorce (but living separately) is because they are suffering negative equity as both bought their flats before the 97 crisis. Had they sell their properties, both have to cough out additional cash to pay back the CPF. Now with the property prices at its peak, I think they are filing for a divorce, i dare not ask.
    I also read in Sunday Times, there are alot of similar cases.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    I predict more business for lawyers in the future!
    More wedding shoots too with more re-marriages!!!

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Yah, it is ok to disagree with my logic. The reasons why i have this idea is because I have two friends who decided not to divorce (but living separately) is because they are suffering negative equity as both bought their flats before the 97 crisis. Had they sell their properties, both have to cough out additional cash to pay back the CPF. Now with the property prices at its peak, I think they are filing for a divorce, i dare not ask.
    I also read in Sunday Times, there are alot of similar cases.
    "pay back the CPF". not heard of such requirement from cpf to pay back such 'losses'. remembered the court case of a couple who rejected en bloc because of cpf losses. court ruled no requirement from cpf to make good the losses.
    It's true, I heard of such case before, if the couple want divorce, they must sell their HDB house (last time 1 person cannot own 4 or 5 rooms flat even after 35 year old, now can, so I don't know this have remove the hindrance to divorce or not), if they sell the house at market value is lower than their buying price, they have to pay back the difference to CPF for the money they loan, plus interest
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  4. #64

    Smile Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    so, the court ruling was wrong.

    i am almost sure that cpf has no such requirement.


    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    It's true, I heard of such case before, if the couple want divorce, they must sell their HDB house (last time 1 person cannot own 4 or 5 rooms flat even after 35 year old, now can, so I don't know this have remove the hindrance to divorce or not), if they sell the house at market value is lower than their buying price, they have to pay back the difference to CPF for the money they loan, plus interest

  5. #65

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    so, the court ruling was wrong.

    i am almost sure that cpf has no such requirement.
    Let me confirmed with CPF.

    I think must pay back the loan leh.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    did any single-again person engage a photographer for photoshoot to celebrate?

  7. #67

    Smile Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    can't see the relevance. if you have nothing better to contribute, pls stay out.

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    did any single-again person engage a photographer for photoshoot to celebrate?

  8. #68

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    can't see the relevance. if you have nothing better to contribute, pls stay out.

  9. #69
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    so, the court ruling was wrong.

    i am almost sure that cpf has no such requirement.
    IIRC n no adjustment made.... it should be for negative sales (meaning no cash proceed n u still have negative value after calculation) the onli time u need to pay back to CPF board together wif interest is when u are selling below valuation price then u got to pay back the difference together wif interest. If u sell at valuation or above valuation u need not to pay back!

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    can't see the relevance. if you have nothing better to contribute, pls stay out.
    so, wad hav u contributed?


  11. #71

    Smile Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    from what i heard over the radio, women formed a substantial number who initiated divorce proceedings. so, men are more tolerant? i do not know.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    from what i heard over the radio, women formed a substantial number who initiated divorce proceedings. so, men are more tolerant? i do not know.
    that or women don't put up with the bs that their mothers might have had to.

  13. #73

    Smile Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    so, our fathers today are poor role model for their young male children?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    that or women don't put up with the bs that their mothers might have had to.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    so, our fathers today are poor role model for their young male children?
    depending on the father yes.

  15. #75

    Smile Re: Number of marriages increased, divorces also increased!!!

    noted. so, Centre for Fathering is timely or too late.

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    depending on the father yes.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 28th July 2007 at 10:25 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •