Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 328

Thread: newbie gathering

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by SP550UZ View Post
    Hi everyone, I am newbie, can i join in?

    I have a suggestion, either we go Marina South Park shoot nautre. Or if possible we post one link looking for volunteer models....for newbies(may arrange something for models on this if needed)

    If Marina South Park no shook, we move out to city for more shoots
    marina south park is nt a bad place. well jux hope the weather is good
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  2. #42
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    marina south park is nt a bad place. well jux hope the weather is good
    Transport may be a problem though.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Transport may be a problem though.
    hmm since then, maybe go buddhist relic temple

    onli some levels/ photography is prohibited, but i am sure the top and ground level isn't
    Last edited by IONSOON; 26th July 2007 at 03:26 PM.
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  4. #44

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    We can think of walking down from MS to the temple & shoot along the way ( guess is quite near and lots of nice old things to shoot along the way also).

    If it rains then transport lor.... if not coffee talk at MS coffeeshop

    If sky dark dark like autumn and not raining will be good for model shoot at MS. Autumn time in SG! Is a great challenge for photo shoot for newbies......i think

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    BL@Singapore
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    hey guys can count me in? another newbie.

  6. #46
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    hi people which day is good for all ?

    11th - sat august 2007
    12th- sun august 2007
    Both days are fine by me...... So now we only need to confirm a place to go.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #47
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    If you want walk abouts, the usual will be Chinatown, Little India, Jalan Sultan, Clark Quay/Robertson Quay area but I have tried shooting Shenton Way during a non-working day and results are pretty good.

    Otherwise, can try Botanic Gardens or Fort Canning if you want greens.
    Last edited by Galdor; 26th July 2007 at 04:44 PM.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  8. #48

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    1_ generalsales
    2- diver-hloc (PM me when the date is closer)
    3- singkit` (depends on the sched)

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    If you want walk abouts, the usual will be Chinatown, Little India, Jalan Sultan, Clark Quay/Robertson Quay area but I have tried shooting Shenton Way during a non-working day and results are pretty good.


    this wud be great ani one up for this?
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  10. #50
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Sun i might nt be free so have to see the schdeule

    1_ generalsales
    2- diver-hloc (PM me when the date is closer)
    3- singkit` (depends on the sched)
    4-Jimmy81(depends on sched also)

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I don't think the Buddhist Temple allows photo inside....

    But many place to go lah.....
    Haha... I didn't mean the inside of the temple, but rather, all the activities outside the temple by the worshippers, the stall owners etc etc... Morning will be quite an interesting place for photo shoots.

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Sun i might nt be free so have to see the schdeule

    1_ generalsales
    2- diver-hloc (PM me when the date is closer)
    3- singkit` (depends on the sched)
    4-Jimmy81(depends on sched also)
    Hey, how come my name kena removed from the list huh?

    Must re-post liao...

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    11-12 Aug 07 would be great. Anyone else?

    Venue: TBC - Suggestions are welcome.

    Time: 08.30am to 11.30am

    Participants:
    1- generalsales
    2- diver-hloc (PM me when the date is closer)
    3- Bored Dad
    4- Jimmy81 (depends on the sched)
    5- singkit`(depends on the sched)
    6- ?

    Anyone else interested?

    Anyone stay near Woodland/Sembawang/Yishun may PM me to arrange for a transport ride.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by SP550UZ View Post
    Hi everyone, I am newbie, can i join in?

    I have a suggestion, either we go Marina South Park shoot nautre. Or if possible we post one link looking for volunteer models....for newbies(may arrange something for models on this if needed)

    If Marina South Park no shook, we move out to city for more shoots
    Hi, Welcome! Of course you can join us, especially when you have lopang for models... Haha... Just kidding. But it'll be great to have a model... volunteer one and don't mind pose for newbies like us.

    But of course, think if need to, we should offer some token to the model(s) also.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    So need to set a few things clear now.

    - Where to meet?
    - What is the theme of the shoot? (Model or Walkabout)

    For model shoot, we need to then decide indoor (studio) or outdoor. We also need to look for a MUA.

    Indoor - which studio? what set up do they have? Can the studio accomodate so many of us? Is it productive to have so many photographers & only 1 model?

    Outdoor - Which location? Need to get clearance for the shoot or not? Availability of manpower and reflectors. Logistics.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  16. #56
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    So need to set a few things clear now.

    - Where to meet?
    - What is the theme of the shoot? (Model or Walkabout)

    For model shoot, we need to then decide indoor (studio) or outdoor. We also need to look for a MUA.

    Indoor - which studio? what set up do they have? Can the studio accomodate so many of us? Is it productive to have so many photographers & only 1 model?

    Outdoor - Which location? Need to get clearance for the shoot or not? Availability of manpower and reflectors. Logistics.
    Err..... could we do a walk about for the 1st ever Newbies photo trip.

    1) Easer on the wallet. (just walk alot only + i need the exercise )
    2) Without a fix theme.... all of us could try difference theme and find out which one we like.
    3) Also could consider this as a S'pore downtown tour.... hehehe


    I vote for - China Town + Little India + Arab Street..... maybe if dark enough, CBD area for Night Scene.

    Anyone with a counter suggestion.... ??

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  17. #57

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    hmmm... i wanna go too... extreme noob here =D but i will only be free on 12aug i guess...

  18. #58
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Err..... could we do a walk about for the 1st ever Newbies photo trip.

    1) Easer on the wallet. (just walk alot only + i need the exercise )
    2) Without a fix theme.... all of us could try difference theme and find out which one we like.
    3) Also could consider this as a S'pore downtown tour.... hehehe

    I vote for - China Town + Little India + Arab Street..... maybe if dark enough, CBD area for Night Scene.

    Anyone with a counter suggestion.... ??

    Yes, walk around will be good for newbie attempts as there are a lot of things to shoot along the way.

    Chinatown + Little India + Arab Street will be a bit taxing. Not only tiring but we may not have enough time to cover all these places. The other time, we met quite early at Tg Pagar, had our breakfast and started walking along Robinson Road and reaching Marina Square around lunch time. We had our lunch at marina Square and continued to Arab Street. By the time we finished, it's already early evening. Moreover, for night shots you need a tripod which not all may have one and you would not want to carry a tripod along the way. Every single gram counts when you are exhausted.

    Just my experience & 2 cents anyway.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    Will this be a whole-day outing?

  20. #60

    Default Re: newbie gathering

    I think this is a great opportunity for the newbies (including me) to meet up and share what they have learnt so far.

    I don't mind attending this gathering, depending on my schedule too.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •