Thread: techincal view....

Unhappy techincal view....

I use a minolta scan to scan the slides and negatives to a laptop. BUt I found out that by rotating the laptop screen angle, will have different colour views....

So, at the end, it's like feeling doubt of am I shooting bad or is it something to do with my laptop or my lens optic...

Connect the laptop to a CRT and calibrate that CRT. Laptops are not the best platforms for doing digital imaging.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang
    Connect the laptop to a CRT and calibrate that CRT. Laptops are not the best platforms for doing digital imaging.

Neither are LCD monitors!!!

Do not over-generalize all LCD panels.

Mac's 17" pano LCD monitor has a color gamut that graphics designers and many professional photographers will recommend.

I used to think LCD panels are just LCD panels. Every brand uses the same panel... until I saw the Mac panels.

Originally posted by edwinh

Mac's 17" pano LCD monitor has a color gamut that graphics designers and many professional photographers will recommend.

I used to think LCD panels are just LCD panels. Every brand uses the same panel... until I saw the Mac panels.
    I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

So that's why Mac's LCD panels command such a high price...

Originally posted by edwinh

When I first saw the Mac LCDs..... WOAH. Nothing like I've seen before. Even their laptop ones are a class above the PC Laptop LCDs. And that 22" CinemaDisplay..... <drool>

Regards
    CK