Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: night shooting in low/nil lighting

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Question night shooting in low/nil lighting

    beside sony digital cameras, what other brands/models are there?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: night shooting in low/nil lighting

    Originally posted by NMSS_2
    beside sony digital cameras, what other brands/models are there?
    With proper technique, any of the more advanced cameras should be able to do such shots. Basically anyone with manual controls.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3

    Default

    Hrm, or are you refering to the infra-red feature?

  4. #4

    Default

    Any cheap film P&S should be able to do that, because they mostly use infrared active AF.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Originally posted by togu
    Hrm, or are you refering to the infra-red feature?
    yep, those type.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default Re: Re: night shooting in low/nil lighting

    Originally posted by ckiang
    With proper technique, any of the more advanced cameras should be able to do such shots. Basically anyone with manual controls.

    Regards
    CK
    ability to capture in low or nil lighting conditions? brands or models. i am looking for higher-end consumer or beginner prosumer range. with full manual control type. Thanks in advance.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Any cheap film P&S should be able to do that, because they mostly use infrared active AF.
    not looking for lower end type but those with manual controls. thanks.

  8. #8
    Phildate
    Guests

    Default Nikon

    I won't admit being a know-it-all about digicams but I just bought the Nikon 4300 and you can set manual shutter speeds so is suitable for night photography.

    Don't forget to get a decent tripod!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Shutter is one thing, how about focusing ? My A40 can take the stars ...... but refuse to focus on anything dimmer than dusk.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •