Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: FZ-18 is out! 28-504mm Leica lens

Default Re: FZ-18 is out! 28-504mm Leica lens

Quote Originally Posted by Maxiflex View Post
    hi, do you mean that attaching a filter to the cam will not need a adapter and in that case attaching a filter to it will not increase its size?
    Nope you don't need to use an adapter to mount filter. Just screw on a 46mm filter will do.

No it will not increase the size and can only be seen upon close inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    well if it is made to 55mm,
    1) the lens barrel will be much much larger... probably like the old fz20 (google up if you want to see it)
    2) if it is screw on the outer most lens barrel (the non-moving part) it probably need to be very far so that the lens inside can full extend...
    Actually... FZ20 size still quite all rite. I own one and the size is ok for me. But not the FZ50! Yike! That too big! Looking at the size and price, might as well get a D40x...

Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Nope you don't need to use an adapter to mount filter. Just screw on a 46mm filter will do.

No it will not increase the size and can only be seen upon close inspection.
    ok thanks ddwmk

Actually... FZ20 size still quite all rite. I own one and the size is ok for me. But not the FZ50! Yike! That too big! Looking at the size and price, might as well get a D40x...
    well those fz5,7,8,18 are mean to keep as small as possible yet not compromising on the zoom. it pretty much defeats the purpose if they "enlarge" if just for the sake of letting you put on 55mm filter.
    anyway small to you might not be to some.

... any idea if its possible to mount a wide converter directly onto the 46mm thread? heehee, then can use the whole zoom range mah...

Quote Originally Posted by Ris Goh View Post
    ... any idea if its possible to mount a wide converter directly onto the 46mm thread? heehee, then can use the whole zoom range mah...
    mount a step-up ring to your convert, when you need it just screw directly to the 46mm thread... would pretty much defeats the purpose of wide converter if you actually zoom.

mount a step-up ring to your convert, when you need it just screw directly to the 46mm thread... would pretty much defeats the purpose of wide converter if you actually zoom.
    ... not really cos you'll gain in terms of wide angle coverage and loose a little on the long end

Quote Originally Posted by Ris Goh View Post
    ... not really cos you'll gain in terms of wide angle coverage and loose a little on the long end
    true enough, but in that case your max zoom will probably be just about 350mm (35equiv) if a 0.7x converter was used, it somehow also add bulk to the camera.
    beside, imho 28mm should be good enough for most application.

well those fz5,7,8,18 are mean to keep as small as possible yet not compromising on the zoom. it pretty much defeats the purpose if they "enlarge" if just for the sake of letting you put on 55mm filter.
    anyway small to you might not be to some.
    True... My TZ3 is small but very uncomfortable with it coz of no manual setting. Now FZ18 i complain again bout filter size... FZ50 i complain too big... DSLR i complain of constant lens changing... Hiazz... Guess human nv satisfy.....

Waa really had a long and hard time finding the 46mm filter n lens, i tried at lucky. Most of them will just say dun have and say all kin of shitty suff....hate those ppl
    But at last i found them at "Alex photo" peninsula ,order than next day can collect liao

Alex Photo
    Address : 111 North Bridge Rd #02-40 Peninsula Plaza Singapore 179098
    Telephone : 6334 0998

i got my filter from Bally Photo at Sim Lim.. got 46mm de..

Quote Originally Posted by jamesicecool View Post
    Waa really had a long and hard time finding the 46mm filter n lens, i tried at lucky. Most of them will just say dun have and say all kin of shitty suff....hate those ppl
    But at last i found them at "Alex photo" peninsula ,order than next day can collect liao

Alex Photo
    Address : 111 North Bridge Rd #02-40 Peninsula Plaza Singapore 179098
    Telephone : 6334 0998
    Hi there, how much did you pay for the 46mm filter?? Thanks in advance..

i got a UV filter @ around $25.. but can try to bargain.. i believe u can get it cheaper... that shop's things are quite ex.. the brand is Vitacon..

try to hunt around CP for Hoya ones... the uncoated or single coated one should cost <$12... the higher HMC or sMHC should be about 20-30+

Hoya filter easy to find but they are really difficult to clean... They shd apply their easy clean coating on optical lenses into their filter as well...

Hoya filter easy to find but they are really difficult to clean... They shd apply their easy clean coating on optical lenses into their filter as well...
    just be careful, there are quite a number of "not as famous" brand out there with filter that is easy to clean as there is no coating on it...

just be careful, there are quite a number of "not as famous" brand out there with filter that is easy to clean as there is no coating on it...
    Even famous brand like the Nikon 5508 (46mm Filter Set with UV, Polarizer, ND-4 & ND-8). Cost about USD50. Sound pretty cheap at first until you realize they are all uncoated filters...

Can someone post some pictures so that we can see the image quality of FZ18 camera? Always good to know more about cameras. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by achanth View Post
    Can someone post some pictures so that we can see the image quality of FZ18 camera? Always good to know more about cameras. Thanks.
    if only the weather was great just now, I could have borrowed my friend fz18 for a walk... maybe I try to get hold of them next wk.

go to www.dpreview.com, panasonic discussion forum.. plenty of photos..
    and if u dun mind my newbie skills can try http://www.flickr.com/photos/14694390@N02/ my flickr acc..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast