Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FZ-18 is out! 28-504mm Leica lens

Default Re: FZ-18 is out! 28-504mm Leica lens

sample shot

all the above shots are taken with program AE. got time will do some macro.. still getting use to the camera. so now still more or less auto mode.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    all the above shots are taken with program AE. got time will do some macro.. still getting use to the camera. so now still more or less auto mode.
    greatly appreciate zzyzx for the pics.. met the expectations of some cam websites i read tt describe the picture quality as clear and vibrant with good contrast.. just gt a question to pose if anyone can help... the auto scene selector described as auto select frequently used scene modes" so does it mean I must take some pics with the few usual scene modes for the camera to "recognise" the diff scene scenarios b4 I can use tt auto scene selector

Thanks for sharing.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by kennmail View Post
    greatly appreciate zzyzx for the pics.. met the expectations of some cam websites i read tt describe the picture quality as clear and vibrant with good contrast.. just gt a question to pose if anyone can help... the auto scene selector described as auto select frequently used scene modes" so does it mean I must take some pics with the few usual scene modes for the camera to "recognise" the diff scene scenarios b4 I can use tt auto scene selector
    i think you're refering ti the iA (intellienge auto mode).

ans: no. you dun have to "teach" the camera. it'll auto select the sence itself. i have tried it and it works.

a tele macro shot. was fighting the wind and my hand shake to get a clearer shot.

aperture piority f/3.8

a tele macro shot. was fighting the wind and my hand shake to get a clearer shot.

aperture piority f/3.8

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2221/p1000450nb2.jpg
    for the sake of forumer with slower internet access, maybe you can resize it smaller... its also easier for people with anything less than a 20" LCD(1600pix wide) to view the entire pic...

i think you're refering ti the iA (intellienge auto mode).

ans: no. you dun have to "teach" the camera. it'll auto select the sence itself. i have tried it and it works.
    hmm.. so by tt.. does it mean if I shoot unusual scenarios like fireworks, it is able to auto choose the right scene too ? If so, this feature would b very handy esp during tour holidays when u dun have much time to configure the cam settings for diff picture takings..

Appreciate if anyone who seen this 3 cams at any shops... FZ-18, FX-33 and FX-55 can post the shop locations and selling prices .. I wil keep a lookout myself

Is Pbase's ISO reading wrong?

http://www.pbase.com/davnew/image/85973585
    This doesn't look like anything ISO100, even the no brand cameras see ISO 400 for this type of photo.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    Is Pbase's ISO reading wrong?

http://www.pbase.com/davnew/image/85973585
    This doesn't look like anything ISO100, even the no brand cameras see ISO 400 for this type of photo.
    no, what you are seeing is NOT noise from high ISO but extremely POOR jpg compression. so no worry.

just look at the file size, he clamping a HUGE 8,000,000pixel image into a pathetic 359KB

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    no, what you are seeing is NOT noise from high ISO but extremely POOR jpg compression. so no worry.

just look at the file size, he clamping a HUGE 8,000,000pixel image into a pathetic 359KB
    No wonder my slow network loads the image like normal webpage!

sorry for the hugh pic resolution.. i'll resize in future..

bro dRebelXT,

are you refering to the pic in the Pbase link or the photo i took? i hope the pic i took is not disappointing.
    Last edited by zzyzx; 25th September 2007 at 03:10 AM.

sorry for the hugh pic resolution.. i'll resize in future..

bro dRebelXT,

are you refering to the pic in the Pbase link or the photo i took? i hope the pic i took is not disappointing.
    I was referring to Pbase link, especially in Original size.

Ur photos are normal I guess, similar in terms of image cleaniness like my TZ1..
    Sharper and DR also better.

aperture piority f/3.8

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2221/p1000450nb2.jpg
    I was always wondering in tele mode shooting objects in a distance, therea re curly
    whirly thing in the background.

I used to shoot buildings CBD buildings from kilo meters away, then structural lines become
    wavy.

Worst fear come true. While FZ18 is selling everywhere, my pre order from GainCity is "Dunno when then come". Price is highest among all and yet got to called them 3 times before somebody rivert back with the above remark.

Gone are any hope to shoot the moon tomorrow. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Worst fear come true. While FZ18 is selling everywhere, my pre order from GainCity is "Dunno when then come". Price is highest among all and yet got to called them 3 times before somebody rivert back with the above remark.

Gone are any hope to shoot the moon tomorrow. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

can share where else you had seen FZ18 being sold and the pricing? Thanks.

Hi I am new here, but been reading the forum fro a week. Interested in FZ-18, just called CathayPhoto, the quoted $680, with 2GB memory card, battery , battery charger, standard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ftsuan View Post
    Hi I am new here, but been reading the forum fro a week. Interested in FZ-18, just called CathayPhoto, the quoted $680, with 2GB memory card, battery , battery charger, standard stuff.
    Cathay Photo Marina or Penisula? Thanks!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast