Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 98

Thread: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

  1. #41

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by senok0 View Post
    actually, pull the whole family in. best!
    hahaha... become family photoshoot!

  2. #42

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    tdubs, you said it already. With the bf around, she could not concentrate, she was not comfortable, and you were not comfortable. Guess what would happen in the next whoot when you are planning to shoot sexier poses. Btw, she already agreed to the sexier poses in the next shoot, right?

    As some people say I am very straight forward and harsh, but I won't be mistaken.

    First of all, if you say nothing, the likelihood the bf will show up is near 100%. He will make sure he is there, given the nature of the next shoot. The likelihood the shoot will be all f***ed up is extremely high if not 100%. So, what to do?

    Tell it to the model straight up. Do you need me to write it out for you?

    Btw, the bf was there today and will be there next time becasue he does not want her to be photographed by you or anyone else. Typical kids. And he is there to make sure the shoot this f***ed up.
    DP is right. Just request very nicely that you need to concentrate on your shoots as you are building up your portfolio. Just let her know the shoot is very important to you lar. Since this is your second shoot, so she should feel a little more relax liao.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    I become gay temporarily (doing photoshoot), then I can do that???
    I think in the army if you are self confess gay...............you will not be able to get married right? Anyone can confirm that?

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    I become gay temporarily (doing photoshoot), then I can do that???
    scully hor.. the BF got excited by your confession and said " hey, we are the in same league "... tat's when your worst nightmare begins.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    scully hor.. the BF got excited by your confession and said " hey, we are the in same league "... tat's when your worst nightmare begins.
    It happens sometimes................

  6. #46

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    DP is right. Just request very nicely that you need to concentrate on your shoots as you are building up your portfolio. Just let her know the shoot is very important to you lar. Since this is your second shoot, so she should feel a little more relax liao.
    I don't think is her not comfortable with tdubs, it's the bf ... typical ... he is not comfortable, he is insecured, and he is an idiot that is why he insisted on crashing her photoshoot ... simple as that

    tdubs must draw the line somewhere, and there is really no other way but to give it to the model straight up ... bf is not coming to the nexdt shoot
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #47

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Well, I don't know what the fuss is all about. If a model already promises that his bf won't get in the way, and his bf has proven to you that he will not be in the way, then it is your own fault for not having enough courage to direct the model. I know which are the two models you guys are talking about. Personally, I don't have any problems with them.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I don't think is her not comfortable with tdubs, it's the bf ... typical ... he is not comfortable, he is insecured, and he is an idiot that is why he insisted on crashing her photoshoot ... simple as that

    tdubs must draw the line somewhere, and there is really no other way but to give it to the model straight up ... bf is not coming to the nexdt shoot
    well ya next shoot is a different model thou. and ya.. I already asked her if she is bringing anyone with her throughout the shoot. Waiting for her reply now.

    Thanks for your advice :P

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Well, I don't know what the fuss is all about. If a model already promises that his bf won't get in the way, and his bf has proven to you that he will not be in the way, then it is your own fault for not having enough courage to direct the model. I know which are the two models you guys are talking about. Personally, I don't have any problems with them.
    Haha...
    Bro... u power leh...
    Me only know one... but u know two.
    Share share leh.
    Heehee..

  10. #50

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Well, I don't know what the fuss is all about. If a model already promises that his bf won't get in the way, and his bf has proven to you that he will not be in the way, then it is your own fault for not having enough courage to direct the model. I know which are the two models you guys are talking about. Personally, I don't have any problems with them.
    eeeerm... I am currently in Vancouver, Canada, The models I am talking about are in here as well.

    If I am not wrong, you are in Singapore.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    First and formost, it's everybody's right to have another person around during a shoot. I would not say that they are unprofessional just because they show up with an escort, a little kiasu or kiase? Yes, but I can accept that.
    A model have a right to have an escort during a shoot just as a photographer have a right to have a PA around during the shoot.
    Let's flip the coin around, the model is the one who say, she's not comfortable with someone else in the studio, said it's her first shoot and she's shy, no MUA, no PA. Just you and her. I'm sure one of the things going through your mind is, "What's going on? Is she trying to set me up?" This cuts both ways.
    This applies to both normal/causal and espically sexy/nude shoots.
    What is important is, this have to be made known to both model and photographer first, before the shoot, during the planning stage.
    I always tell the model the concept of the shoot. If they say they'll bring an escort for the shoot, I always make it very clear that I don't mind having another person around but that person must not get in my way or affect the shoot in anyway. If it happens either the escort will have to wait in another room or the shoot is off. The model must also convince me that she can work in the presence of her friend. Failling which, it's better to look for another model.

    On the subject of comfort. As a photographer, the image is my main concern, not the escort. I'm not going to change my images because of someone not related to the shoot directly. As the photographer I have to take charge of the shoot, why should I let the b/f affect how I shoot? If the escort is affecting the shoot, making the model uncomfortable or getting in my way, I'll inform the model and ask the escort to wait in the next room.

    It all boils down to how professional you project yourself to be. You may not be a professional photographer, but you still got to let people know that you're serious about the image, you know what you're doing and they can trust you to do a good job. The more you're uncomfortable about others, and it will show in your action, the more others will think "what is this guy so uncomfortable about? Is he up to something?"
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I don't think is her not comfortable with tdubs, it's the bf ... typical ... he is not comfortable, he is insecured, and he is an idiot that is why he insisted on crashing her photoshoot ... simple as that

    tdubs must draw the line somewhere, and there is really no other way but to give it to the model straight up ... bf is not coming to the nexdt shoot
    I think that's the case.

    If the b/f will affect the model even if he's in the other room, than the b/f can't come for the next shoot. She can bring another friend/girl friend maybe, but she'll have to wait in the next room. Other wise, the shoot if off.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Well, I don't know what the fuss is all about. If a model already promises that his bf won't get in the way, and his bf has proven to you that he will not be in the way, then it is your own fault for not having enough courage to direct the model. I know which are the two models you guys are talking about. Personally, I don't have any problems with them.
    you think too much and jump the gun lar

    BTW, TS already said that with the b/f around, the model was not comfortable, so the b/f is affecting the mood of the shoot, in other words, the b/f is getting in the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdubs View Post
    eeeerm... I am currently in Vancouver, Canada, The models I am talking about are in here as well.

    If I am not wrong, you are in Singapore.
    Last edited by yqt; 25th July 2007 at 02:39 PM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  14. #54

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    You see the problem is there is not that many gay photographers in the market.
    not here at least

  15. #55

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    First and formost, it's everybody's right to have another person around during a shoot. I would not say that they are unprofessional just because they show up with an escort, a little kiasu or kiase? Yes, but I can accept that.
    A model have a right to have an escort during a shoot just as a photographer have a right to have a PA around during the shoot.
    Let's flip the coin around, the model is the one who say, she's not comfortable with someone else in the studio, said it's her first shoot and she's shy, no MUA, no PA. Just you and her. I'm sure one of the things going through your mind is, "What's going on? Is she trying to set me up?" This cuts both ways.
    This applies to both normal/causal and espically sexy/nude shoots.
    What is important is, this have to be made known to both model and photographer first, before the shoot, during the planning stage.
    I always tell the model the concept of the shoot. If they say they'll bring an escort for the shoot, I always make it very clear that I don't mind having another person around but that person must not get in my way or affect the shoot in anyway. If it happens either the escort will have to wait in another room or the shoot is off. The model must also convince me that she can work in the presence of her friend. Failling which, it's better to look for another model.

    On the subject of comfort. As a photographer, the image is my main concern, not the escort. I'm not going to change my images because of someone not related to the shoot directly. As the photographer I have to take charge of the shoot, why should I let the b/f affect how I shoot? If the escort is affecting the shoot, making the model uncomfortable or getting in my way, I'll inform the model and ask the escort to wait in the next room.

    It all boils down to how professional you project yourself to be. You may not be a professional photographer, but you still got to let people know that you're serious about the image, you know what you're doing and they can trust you to do a good job. The more you're uncomfortable about others, and it will show in your action, the more others will think "what is this guy so uncomfortable about? Is he up to something?"
    I agree with everything you said here.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Just to share with you guys how some studio works

    Many years back, while I was still a PA, my photographer was shooting a model whose b/f is a local singer. The photographer also knowa him as she's shot his CD cover before. The b/f turn up unannounced and the model was not too comfy about it. The photographer went up to the model to check if the b/f was affect her and once the model said yes, the photographer went to the b/f and requested him to wait outside as he's affecting the shoot. She than ask me to keep him company outside ( actually wanted me to make sure he didn't try to come back in ).
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  17. #57

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I think in the army if you are self confess gay...............you will not be able to get married right? Anyone can confirm that?
    if you do that to siam ns it goes on your permanent record...you're basically outted!

  18. #58

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    I think that's the case.

    If the b/f will affect the model even if he's in the other room, than the b/f can't come for the next shoot. She can bring another friend/girl friend maybe, but she'll have to wait in the next room. Other wise, the shoot if off.
    Happens alot, unfortunately ... not the escort problems, but insecured jealous bf problems.

    That is why, the following escorts are not encouraged ... bf, father and brother ... in that order.

    Many years ago, I am shooting an artistic nude session with this model, and the escort was her father, he totally lost it, was affecting the mood of the shoot. On one hand, he wanted leave becasue he knew he was causing problems, but then on the other hand, he is her daughter's father ... I can't remember how old was the model,b ut old enough, she was a uni student. Really funny thing though, he is an astistic nude photographer himself.

    At the end, daughter told father to go to a movie and come back later ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Happens alot, unfortunately ... not the escort problems, but insecured jealous bf problems.

    That is why, the following escorts are not encouraged ... bf, father and brother ... in that order.

    Many years ago, I am shooting an artistic nude session with this model, and the escort was her father, he totally lost it, was affecting the mood of the shoot. On one hand, he wanted leave becasue he knew he was causing problems, but then on the other hand, he is her daughter's father ... I can't remember how old was the model,b ut old enough, she was a uni student. Really funny thing though, he is an astistic nude photographer himself.

    At the end, daughter told father to go to a movie and come back later ...
    My case many years back when I was shareing someone else studio, was the les. lover, damn did she loss. I ask her to wait in the next room and she called the police!!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  20. #60

    Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    My case many years back when I was shareing someone else studio, was the les. lover, damn did she loss. I ask her to wait in the next room and she called the police!!!
    wtf!!! what happened after that?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •