Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

Default Re: Sexy Photoshoots with Models BF present

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    If it is a sexy shoot, and it's a TFCD, then just have to live with it and forget about all those extraordinary poses ....
    But if you are paying for the service, then it is ok to request that the bf goes away and be back only when the time's up.

If she moans during the shoot, just tell her to extend the hours ......
    moan ? why need to moan ? photoshoot only ... not video... dun need sound effect lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If the BF is there get him in to strip down and join the floor for a bit of a "very sexy and daring photoshoot" too.

When you mean "very 'sexist' poses" does it inlvove her climbing a ladder?

haha haen't thought about that.. but i mean poses like maxim or FHM i think

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    ask him to hold the reflector for u
    lol yeah.. I am having a more casual shoot later and the models bf is coming, Don't really car about this one since the shoot is more casual..so I am asking her bf to hold the reflector

If it is a sexy shoot, and it's a TFCD, then just have to live with it and forget about all those extraordinary poses ....
    But if you are paying for the service, then it is ok to request that the bf goes away and be back only when the time's up.

If she moans during the shoot, just tell her to extend the hours ......
    Yeah, I think you are rite, if its TFCD, there is nothing I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubs View Post
    hi guys,

I was wondering if its is appropriate for the model' bf to be present in a very sexy and daring photoshoot. By Sexy and daring I mean wearing very little and make very 'sexist' poses.

Personally, I think it would be hard for a photographer to direct her into those kind of poses if her boyfriend is present. I understand that some models would like to be have someone with them for this kind of photoshoot for security reasons but boyfriend is different.

is it considered not professional from the model's side to bring her bf along?

What do you guys think? What does usually happens?
    Well, u are having no sexual inclinations towards the model right? So, I guess everything is above the board. If her bf's cool with it and u dun make any advances towards his chick, he's probably there just as an 'in case' thing.

'Professionalism' is sometimes used as a tagline to either draw models into doing up poses that they are extremely uncomfortable in or simply as an excuse by photographic sex maniacs I feel. So I'd always adopt a policy of, "If I don't dare to pose in that way myself, I'll make sure the girl doesn't do it too."

There's absolutely no reason in the photographer telling someone to do something that he's not capable of achieving.

den nx time u will c models w/ armed (female) guards & lawyers in tow.

lawyers there to sue at moments notice, guard to detain d law breaking photographer!

dun mind shooting d guard if look like Charle's Angel...

Come on, you are the photographer, if the bf gets in the way, tfcd or paid, bf must go. Otherwise, shoto will be called off. These things must be communicated to the model before hand. These "extraordinary" poses, model should know they are part of the shoot, so, tfcd or paid, they should be executed.

If the bf is a young guy, you are out of luck.

lol yeah.. I am having a more casual shoot later and the models bf is coming, Don't really car about this one since the shoot is more casual..so I am asking her bf to hold the reflector
    Getting the bf to be involved is a very good thing. An extra PA is always welcome.

But I have met bf from hell. And I did call it a wrap in the middle of a set. Told the model, he bf leave the premises, or shoot is done. I left for a cig, and then saw bf leaving
    Prioirties.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

icic, but even if he does agree with the poses, I would still feel a bit weird when directing her, not that I feel intimidated by her bf. but yeah.. haha dunno how to describe.. just 'weird'.. so I guess the problem is myself not feeling comfortable. is it a common issue?
    As photographers, we are showing professionalism in our skills when we are directing the shoot... and why intimidated by her bf??? As long as we are clear of conscience, we should not be intimidated by her bf,right???

Having the bf around has one good point, if some misunderstanding happen (say, if the model accuse the photographer of touching, it will not be one person's words), at least there is witness right???

My advice....................NEVER NEVER EVER have their bf present when doing super sexy photoshoot.

First, is you will never ever get to concentrate because you can feel the present of him looking at you.

Second, she will keep on looking at her bf which mean she will not be able to concentrate on your shoot.

Third, you will never be able to flirt with her (just friendly flirt to make her feel at ease)

Fourth, it will be very difficult to move her of his presents.

When I do sexy shoot, my wife will leave to me to myself to shoot. She knows both me and the model will feel uncomfortable when there is someone around. Models who brings their bf to photoshoots are totally not professional at all. So I always restrict them from coming over to my studio.
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 25th July 2007 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    My advice....................NEVER NEVER EVER have their bf present when doing super sexy photoshoot.

First, is you will never ever get to concentrate because you can feel the present of him looking at you.

Second, she will keep on looking at her bf which mean she will not be able to concentrate on your shoot.

Third, you will never be able to flirt with her (just friendly flirt to make her feel at ease)

Fourth, it will be very difficult to move her of his presents.

When I do sexy shoot, my wife will leave to me to myself to shoot. She knows both me and the model will feel uncomfortable when there is someone around. Models who brings their bf to photoshoots are totally not professional at all. So I always restrict them from coming over to my studio.
    Why not??? Can ask her bf to join in the shoot as couple model!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Having the bf around has one good point, if some misunderstanding happen (say, if the model accuse the photographer of touching, it will not be one person's words), at least there is witness right???
    This one really depends.

If you are really afraid, a woman should be present (MUA, sister or her female friends). It does not need to be the bf.

Depends on how you touch the model as well. It is sometimes quite difficult not to touch the model when you move her around. Pro models know if the photographer is trying to be funny. For less or non models, they may not know if the photographer is trying to be funny.

Anyway, I see more bad points than good bringing a bf. It's just a sexy photoshoot. Of course it does not mean when a model agrees to do a sexy photoshoot means she is a loose/easy woman. Every woman still have their own principal as they are after all still human like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Why not??? Can ask her bf to join in the shoot as couple model!!!
    That is a different liao lar.......look at the TS topic........

Depends on how you touch the model as well. It is sometimes quite difficult not to touch the model when you move her around. Pro models know if the photographer is trying to be funny. For less or non models, they may not know if the photographer is trying to be funny.
    IMO, if one is fond of touching models, it'll be of great help to ease the model if you declare before the shoot that you are gay
    always the Light, .... always.

It's a blessing to have such a understanding wife ....
    Maybe next time when the model brings her bf, the wife can maybe invite the bf to go downtown for a drink or a movie and come back in a couple of hours so that one can concentrate on the sexy shooting of the model without both the BF and one's wife being around ....
    Well, everyone needs to be professional to get pro images ....
    always the Light, .... always.

IMO, if one is fond of touching models, it'll be of great help to ease the model if you declare before the shoot that you are gay
    You see the problem is there is not that many gay photographers in the market.

It's a blessing to have such a understanding wife ....
    Maybe next time when the model brings her bf, the wife can maybe invite the bf to go downtown for a drink or a movie and come back in a couple of hours so that one can concentrate on the sexy shooting of the model without both the BF and one's wife being around ....
    Well, everyone needs to be professional to get pro images ....
    Hmm.....so far it will be a weird thing for my wife to do as she is my MUA. So, I still need her to do some touch up every now and then but she will stay clear of my way when I do the photoshoot. So, in turn the models that I shoot totally feel at east because they know I am married and my wife is the MUA. So even if I do move them around or friendly flirt with them or unbutton their tops, they are ok with me.

So it will be a little difficult for her to leave the premises to bring the model's bf out to town.

Well, today I just went to do the shoot. her bf was present. but i knew before hand. I needed someone to hold the reflector and it was a casual shoot anyways. so I didn't care.

However, the shoot was not as smooth as I wanted. Sometimes she kept looking at her bf and I felt that her concentration was not there, and she didn't look quite comfortable, I wasn't that comfortable either.

anyways, i am organizing another shoot for next week but this time is quite more 'sexy' shoot indoors. I still don't know if she is going to bring her bf or not. Going to ask her soon if she is bringing someone thou.

if she said her bf is coming, so should I advice her to not letting her bf come and bring some other friend with her? Cuz, I would be really uncomfortable if her bf is around. like even if her boyfriend agrees with the poses and doesnt mind at all, I think I wouldn't be able to direct her properly to do what I want to do.

I become gay temporarily (doing photoshoot), then I can do that???

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    As mentioned above, he can help out, not just stand and watch.
    * Hold reflector or flash
    * Demonstrate the poses
    * Apply body make-up
    * Offer his services as a step-ladder for you
    Demonstrate the poses??? I might burst out laughing...

Well, today I just went to do the shoot. her bf was present. but i knew before hand. I needed someone to hold the reflector and it was a casual shoot anyways. so I didn't care.

However, the shoot was not as smooth as I wanted. Sometimes she kept looking at her bf and I felt that her concentration was not there, and she didn't look quite comfortable, I wasn't that comfortable either.

anyways, i am organizing another shoot for next week but this time is quite more 'sexy' shoot indoors. I still don't know if she is going to bring her bf or not. Going to ask her soon if she is bringing someone thou.

if she said her bf is coming, so should I advice her to not letting her bf come and bring some other friend with her? Cuz, I would be really uncomfortable if her bf is around. like even if her boyfriend agrees with the poses and doesnt mind at all, I think I wouldn't be able to direct her properly to do what I want to do.

tdubs, you said it already. With the bf around, she could not concentrate, she was not comfortable, and you were not comfortable. Guess what would happen in the next whoot when you are planning to shoot sexier poses. Btw, she already agreed to the sexier poses in the next shoot, right?

As some people say I am very straight forward and harsh, but I won't be mistaken.

First of all, if you say nothing, the likelihood the bf will show up is near 100%. He will make sure he is there, given the nature of the next shoot. The likelihood the shoot will be all f***ed up is extremely high if not 100%. So, what to do?

Tell it to the model straight up. Do you need me to write it out for you?

Btw, the bf was there today and will be there next time becasue he does not want her to be photographed by you or anyone else. Typical kids. And he is there to make sure the shoot this f***ed up.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast