Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need help deciding..

  1. #1

    Default Need help deciding..

    Guys, i'm currently using a Panasonic FZ10, pretty much know my camera well enough already and therefore deciding to upgrade.
    Should i upgrade to a Panasonic FZ30 or should i just go for a 2ndhand D70 kit, or 2ndhand 350D kit?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Need help deciding..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin- View Post
    Guys, i'm currently using a Panasonic FZ10, pretty much know my camera well enough already and therefore deciding to upgrade.
    Should i upgrade to a Panasonic FZ30 or should i just go for a 2ndhand D70 kit, or 2ndhand 350D kit?
    Why do you have to upgrade just because you know your camera well?? If you are finding justifications for an upgrade, then only you can answer it. What is it you need that the current camera cannot achieve?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need help deciding..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Why do you have to upgrade just because you know your camera well?? If you are finding justifications for an upgrade, then only you can answer it. What is it you need that the current camera cannot achieve?
    I've used it for a while now and comparing my photos to alot others, it has a lot of noise and at times, i just can't seem to get the DOF as it's pretty hard to get it on a prosumer cam. I'm not sure which is a better choice, the fz30 for it's telephoto, or sacrifice the telephoto for better picture quality on either DSLRS..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Need help deciding..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin- View Post
    I've used it for a while now and comparing my photos to alot others, it has a lot of noise and at times, i just can't seem to get the DOF as it's pretty hard to get it on a prosumer cam. I'm not sure which is a better choice, the fz30 for it's telephoto, or sacrifice the telephoto for better picture quality on either DSLRS..
    don your fz10 have 12x zoom like fz30?

  5. #5
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,125

    Default Re: Need help deciding..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin- View Post
    I've used it for a while now and comparing my photos to alot others, it has a lot of noise and at times, i just can't seem to get the DOF as it's pretty hard to get it on a prosumer cam. I'm not sure which is a better choice, the fz30 for it's telephoto, or sacrifice the telephoto for better picture quality on either DSLRS..
    Furthermore, the FZ10 is a constant f-stop of 2.8 from wide to tele. Whereas the FZ30 is f2.8 - 3.5. THis makes the FZ10 a better camera for low light situations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •