Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

  1. #1

    Default ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Hi,

    Anyone interested to do annapurna circuit trek (22 days) during the winter period.
    Myself and another friend would like to do it. (we are in our mid-twenties, one male one female)

    The proposed date is 15 Dec - 06 Jan 08. (you only need to use 12 days of leave, cheers)
    Cost: Approx S$2.3k (excludes your personal expenses but includes almost everything else e.g. airfare)

    For more information please refer to http://www.mountainmonarch.com/trekk...na_circuit.htm
    likely to go with mountainmonarch, but open to all others.

    My friend and I are reasonable experienced in trekking (at least got some experience but this will be our BIGGEST trek.). Do set aside some $$$ if you do not have the proper gears and clothings.

    If interested drop me a mail at foreverlovex@gmail.com

    Best Regards.

  2. #2

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Quote Originally Posted by foreverlovex View Post
    For more information please refer to http://www.mountainmonarch.com/trekk...na_circuit.htm
    likely to go with mountainmonarch, but open to all others.
    How fun! Please send my regards to Pradip and enjoy yourselves.

  3. #3

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Sure!

    If only i able to find 2 more team mates to make it into 4 ppl.



    If not maybe will join up with the other agencies who have sure go dates around 15 dec.

  4. #4

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Quote Originally Posted by foreverlovex View Post
    If only i able to find 2 more team mates to make it into 4 ppl. If not maybe will join up with the other agencies who have sure go dates around 15 dec.
    I'm sure that they would arrange for you two, they did that for me? Just try asking them again, I know i was concerned too when i was at their website but they are quite good and accomodating people. Furthermore, it's winter which means non-peak period.

  5. #5

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttergraphy View Post
    I'm sure that they would arrange for you two, they did that for me? Just try asking them again, I know i was concerned too when i was at their website but they are quite good and accomodating people. Furthermore, it's winter which means non-peak period.
    Thanks for the advice!

    Which route did you go the last time? How much did you pay? Can PM me about it?

  6. #6

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Hi foreverlovex you going Annapurna circuit Trek on Dec.?It will be very cool and i don't know whether you both can cross the Thorung La pass if there is heavy snow fall.
    I think the best time to trek Annapurna circuit is mid Sep to Oct.But anyway have a nice trip and take care.Cheers!!!

  7. #7

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Thanks for the kind advice Ros.

    Hopefully can!

  8. #8
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    i think it is better for you to check out the weather. it is freezing at the base camp even in the hotter seasons. unless you are experienced in trekking in tough conditions, it is not very advisable and can be dangerous.

  9. #9

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    i think it is better for you to check out the weather. it is freezing at the base camp even in the hotter seasons. unless you are experienced in trekking in tough conditions, it is not very advisable and can be dangerous.
    ya.........winter trekking will be quite siong. That's why i want to go moreover don't need to use up so many days of leave. Think the big problem will come when crossing Throng Pass.

    I guess i am reasonably experienced in trekking....but this will only be my 2nd winter trek and the highest altitude (Done 4k...still can tahan) so far.

    Hopefully will get everything settled soon.

    Any takers?

  10. #10

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    i was at Pun Hill early last Dec, and i heard that pple enroute to ABC were asked to turn back near MBC due to heavy snowing. i chose Dec as i prefer lesser crowd

    i also encountered maoist strike that brought traffic between kathmandu and Pokhara to a stand still. the situation is better now, i heard. just need to be prepared for such thing, if it does happen.

    will drop u an email to discuss abt the trip offline, as i may want to go back. check ur email.

  11. #11

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    hey...this trek is pretty popular with local uni students...

    i remember when i was there walking around, a short while ago, i bumped into quite a fair bit of friendly faces...

    if u need, drop the adv in the uni forum or hall posting or something like that, quite sure u will get a reply....

    and if they are in school, they don't need to rush back for work….if something happens

    cheer..km

  12. #12

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaii50 View Post
    hey...this trek is pretty popular with local uni students...

    i remember when i was there walking around, a short while ago, i bumped into quite a fair bit of friendly faces...

    if u need, drop the adv in the uni forum or hall posting or something like that, quite sure u will get a reply....

    and if they are in school, they don't need to rush back for work….if something happens

    cheer..km
    Ok. Maybe i will drop the adv in a uni forum. lol......but i old student the rest still young. lol

  13. #13

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Hi wow,lucky u!
    Have been to a few treks in Nepal- it's my favourite country! Trekked the ;other' side before -Jomsom trek and Upp Mustang trek but not the circuit.
    Hope u have proper gear coz even in mid Nov it's very very cold at nite! Make sure your boots are really waterproof n bring gaiters in case there's heavy snowfall which can happen esp at Thorung la n plan on 2 days contingency in case kena stuck in a white out.
    Best is beg borrow steal a good down jacket as it's vital n much warmer than a fleece jacket-c if u can loan from any mountaineers hehe.
    lastly ,maybe u cld go 2 days earlier n shop around the many agencies n u cld save quite alot -maybe u less than S$1K for the whole trek.

  14. #14

    Default Re: ANNAPURNA TREKKING :Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Dec 07 - 06 Jan 08

    Oh maybe u shd stay at teahouses for the trek,it's cheaper than a full camping trek as u only need a guide and a porter.Plus it's far warmer too! For a full teahouse A.C trek it should cost less than S$1K.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •