Thread: MapKing on PDA phone

Default MapKing on PDA phone

Hi Guys

I am using Dopod D810.

Can I check with you guys where you all download your chinese viewing software as well as mapking?

And also, are you able to get sms to vibrate and ring ?

Default Re: MapKing on PDA phone

Quote Originally Posted by Pokka View Post
    Hi Guys

I am using Dopod D810.

Can I check with you guys where you all download your chinese viewing software as well as mapking?

And also, are you able to get sms to vibrate and ring ?

You can buy MapKing at www.eastgear.com
    You can download a demo of MapKing at www.mapsasia.com.

For the rest I suggest you check out also www.ppcsg.org

BTW, did you know that D810 has a WM6 OS upgrade?

For MapKing, you might be able to get a free map at www.malsingmaps.com.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    For MapKing, check it out at www.malsingmaps.com.
    \

You still need a legal copy though and the singapore map in malsingmaps is a lot less detailed than the one offered from MapKing. (9mb file vs 2mb I think).

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    \

You still need a legal copy though and the singapore map in malsingmaps is a lot less detailed than the one offered from MapKing. (9mb file vs 2mb I think).
    I don't use the map in Malsingmaps, so I don't know its actual size as compared to the original MapKing. Why not let the TS take a look there and let him decide. The one created for our Garmin GPS is much better than the original Garmin map of My and Sg; so I felt the MapKing by malsingmaps should likewise be just as good, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    I don't use the map in Malsingmaps, so I don't know its actual size as compared to the original MapKing. Why not let the TS take a look there and let him decide. The one created for our Garmin GPS is much better than the original Garmin map of My and Sg; so I felt the MapKing by malsingmaps should likewise be just as good, if not better.
    Ya. I agree with you on that. Are you using GarminQue on your Pocket PC? I tried it once but had so many problems with GPS Proxy that I gave up in the end. I did get it to work but setting it up is quite difficult. Makes me tempted to get a dedicated Garmin device for my car.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Ya. I agree with you on that. Are you using GarminQue on your Pocket PC? I tried it once but had so many problems with GPS Proxy that I gave up in the end. I did get it to work but setting it up is quite difficult. Makes me tempted to get a dedicated Garmin device for my car.
    No, I am not using a pocket PC. I am using a Garmin Nuvi 660. Wonderful toy and I love the point by point voice alert with TTS with the Australian Karen voice. Sometimes, the name of the road read out, especially those with Malay names, can sound comical or incomprehensible. Hey, you don't know what you are missing. Get one asap.
    Last edited by redstorm; 22nd July 2007 at 10:21 PM.