Thread: Pls recommend small Light tent for taking product shots

Default Pls recommend small Light tent for taking product shots

Hallo guys

I wish to take pics of small products like tiny teddy bears, model cars, etc. They don't measure bigger than 15cm x 15cm. The light tent I see on sale are usually very big and require two side lightings (like studio strobes!). The setup is too big and overkill for my purposes.

Do you have any good recommendation on where I can find a small light tent where I can simply use my external flash (either 1 or at most 2 of them) to take the pics?

Or kindly recommend me a good make shift setup to take small products with nice uniform background and lighting.

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Default Re: Pls recommend small Light tent for taking product shots

Few weeks back, I saw one (should be around 45cm size) on display at orient photo (SLS). There is a thread about this shop. Give them a call and see whether they still have it
    Last edited by wahgongzai; 23rd July 2007 at 12:30 AM.

thanks my friend... will do so..

i got 1 thats about 6" x 6" x 6"

for small products...

its advisable to get something bigger, so that you got more play on the background.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

How about a 30cm x 8cm x 5cm tent that when kept, it's the size of about a medium umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hallo guys

I wish to take pics of small products like tiny teddy bears, model cars, etc. They don't measure bigger than 15cm x 15cm. The light tent I see on sale are usually very big and require two side lightings (like studio strobes!). The setup is too big and overkill for my purposes.

Do you have any good recommendation on where I can find a small light tent where I can simply use my external flash (either 1 or at most 2 of them) to take the pics?

Or kindly recommend me a good make shift setup to take small products with nice uniform background and lighting.

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    Check AJ23's Hakuba's DSB30 light tent... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273974

I belive that will suit all your needs.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

you can DIY it using PVC pipe to make a cube, cover it with a piece of thin white cloth,

can also use a paper carton box, cut away all the flat side, leave the all the cornering as frame, and replace all all the cut away part with tracing paper.

put it under sunlight to shoot with your products, use black card as negative fill.

cheap and good.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you can DIY it using PVC pipe to make a cube, cover it with a piece of thin white cloth,

can also use a paper carton box, cut away all the flat side, leave the all the cornering as frame, and replace all all the cut away part with tracing paper.

put it under sunlight to shoot with your products, use black card as negative fill.

cheap and good.
    Was thinking the same too.

Google it, some one has a step by step guide on his pbase..