Thread: Digital drawing

Default Digital drawing

Hello everyone! just wondering is it possible to draw objects in photoshop cs2? I dont have other programmes but would like to know whether its possible to draw things in it. I thought of creating a devil's spear but got no idea how to do it.

Anyone can help? TIA

Default Re: Digital drawing

of course you can. you can even draw portaits in CS
    eat. drink. shoot

how do you do that then? care to share?? i'm at a total lost now..lol..

i don't know how, but here are 2 examples

eat. drink. shoot

omg..fascinating..very nice. but both are photoshop? They might be using the pen and pad thingie right? Don't think mouse give such sensitivity. Argh, i cant even draw a devil's spear for goodness sake hahaha it looks like cartoon with rectangles and arrows. =S

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    omg..fascinating..very nice. but both are photoshop? They might be using the pen and pad thingie right? Don't think mouse give such sensitivity. Argh, i cant even draw a devil's spear for goodness sake hahaha it looks like cartoon with rectangles and arrows. =S
    photoshop artists usually use tablet
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    photoshop artists usually use tablet
    yea was wondering if noobies like us can draw simple things not as complex as portraits without that tablet.

yea was wondering if noobies like us can draw simple things not as complex as portraits without that tablet.
    portraits = not so complex ?? i hope you are not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    portraits = not so complex ?? i hope you are not kidding.
    hmm i think u mistaken. i didnt say portrait not so complext but we newbies cant draw something AS complex as portrait..

think u misread it bah ><

by cs2 i believe u meant photoshop cs2?
    if so den its is possible to create, draw or trace anything with photoshop cs2
    dis was done with photoshop
    click me
    click me again

sorry, deviantartdoes not allow hotlinking

u can also use a vecor program like illustrator to do it.

If you're really good, you can even use Microsoft Paint can do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU

The important thing is that you need to know 'how to draw' in the first place.. Look for references if you can't put what you visualize onto paper..

yet another highly interesting piece of work. I am wondering, those drawings are done using mouse or the pen/pad programme? cos mouse always seems to give you jerks here and there

yet another highly interesting piece of work. I am wondering, those drawings are done using mouse or the pen/pad programme? cos mouse always seems to give you jerks here and there
    That guy who painted that Mona Lisa is crazy (skills wise and idea wise)

I have a friend who can draw and paint really well using the mouse. But it takes alot of practice. For me and most of my other friends, who use our tablets to draw and paint in Photoshop Better ergonomics and easier to control the strokes

Just to give you some headstart.

If you need references to help you draw, start by sourcing for a good picture of the spear, open that picture up, create a new layer, then select the brush tool to start outlining the picture. Start with a hard-edged brush, try to avoid the airbrush. Depending on the style of painting that you wantt, vary the thickness of the outline, or even do the painting without the outline (which is what I would do). Alternatively, you could create a few layers. One is with the outline, one is the layer which you'll paint the main colour, one is the 'shadows' layer, and one is the 'highlights' layer. Pick a source point where light will come from (maybe top right hand corner?), and after you've paint in the main colour, paint in the highlights and shadows. You could use the same colour as the main colour, but just make sure that the 'highlights' layer is set to 'overlay', and the 'shadow' layer is set to multiply.

After you've more of less got the base done, you can fine tune using the eraser tool (with opacity set to something low), blur tool, burn tool, dodge tool.. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Just to give you some headstart.

If you need references to help you draw, start by sourcing for a good picture of the spear, open that picture up, create a new layer, then select the brush tool to start outlining the picture. Start with a hard-edged brush, try to avoid the airbrush. Depending on the style of painting that you wantt, vary the thickness of the outline, or even do the painting without the outline (which is what I would do). Alternatively, you could create a few layers. One is with the outline, one is the layer which you'll paint the main colour, one is the 'shadows' layer, and one is the 'highlights' layer. Pick a source point where light will come from (maybe top right hand corner?), and after you've paint in the main colour, paint in the highlights and shadows. You could use the same colour as the main colour, but just make sure that the 'highlights' layer is set to 'overlay', and the 'shadow' layer is set to multiply.

After you've more of less got the base done, you can fine tune using the eraser tool (with opacity set to something low), blur tool, burn tool, dodge tool.. etc.

helpful. Yes with the mouse is really quite hard but i am not dedicated to these drawing was just trying out and having fun but nevertheless will try what you shared. Hopefully something better can come out..haha

Quote Originally Posted by firestone View Post
    omg these ppl are amazing
    i cant imagine how long it takes to do 1 piece