Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eaten by Singapore

Default Re: Eaten by Singapore

Singaporean colonialism?

And hey, there's a lot of Pauline Hansons here in Singapore as well. You can find them everywhere. Seems like these days, we're beginning to see how it feels to be a nationalist Australian trying to keep foreign influence out eh.

10,20 years ago, would anyone have reckoned that many of us would share the same "Get out of my land" mentality as them?
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Singaporean colonialism?

And hey, there's a lot of Pauline Hansons here in Singapore as well. You can find them everywhere. Seems like these days, we're beginning to see how it feels to be a nationalist Australian trying to keep foreign influence out eh.

10,20 years ago, would anyone have reckoned that many of us would share the same "Get out of my land" mentality as them?
    eh. didn't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Winsonapm View Post
    Is Singapore that rich? Why are we subsidising welfare downunder? Do we really have so much monies and not knowing how to utilise or invest in our own economy? Iím not proud to hear or read about how much Singapore had invested or bought, make or loss. Iíll be very proud to know that weíve eradicated poverty with our budget surpluses, free education and low cost medicine from our national investmentsí profits.

Iím beginning to feel/realise that as a citizen, we're a poor lot with no welfare. What have we really done to help our own poor, lower costs of living, education and medical?

well my friend, this has nothing to do with the article. your sentiments come from your own political views within your country and with what the people you voted in are doing. your questions should be directed or reflected in your ballot come election time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    well my friend, this has nothing to do with the article. your sentiments come from your own political views within your country and with what the people you voted in are doing. your questions should be directed or reflected in your ballot come election time.

Very true, provided you get to vote.

I have never had the chance to vote; walkovers for the past 2 elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    interesting read...
    i think everyone has missed the boat here.

at the end of the day, this writer is simply trying to stir nationalism or an awareness within his country. whether or not he also has a political motive remains to be seen as well, but guys, relax and read between the lines a bit. australia has its own internal issues, just like singapore just like everywhere else. the article is simpy a device to create awareness and re-read it, he has nothing against singapore or asia. his beef seems to be with the australian government and he gave examples why. his beef was not with singapore yet you guys turn on each other...hehe good stuff, good for a comedy show actually

fark, pat yourselves on the back and move on for pitty sakes...it's their problem. the guy did not bash singapore yet you guys are bashing yourselves over something that should be a compliment...too funny.

well said, Aussies like their counterpart in America and with other regions, are not an introspective lot, unlike the over-introspective singaporeans. LOL!
    we over analyse and bash each other up, who needs overseas enemies when we have our own people to deal with! we will kill each other eventually.

We are the losers of all these aussie/thai/indo nationism stir-ups.

having said that
    at the end of the day, Singapore investment arm has failed to realise their mistakes time and time over,
    ever the eager beaver, paying way too much for overseas assets, eg. ANZ, SHINCORP, OPTUS, Indonstat teleco, etc then getting bash up for it, then losing billions for it. sure they had a few good investments, but not enough to make up for the losses..

i am speculating, maybe thats why our CPF are raised and locked up, maybe we can expect to only get our CPF out after we hit 75 years old next.
    http://travel.ullyss.com
    Punkrock died when the first kid said Punkís not dead,punkís not dead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123