Thread: Roy's portfolio - Tsim Sha Tsui HK

Default Roy's portfolio - Tsim Sha Tsui HK

Hi,

The following shots are taken on a recent trip to HK, despite the SARS outbreak.

Victoria Clock Tower

2 vertical frames stitched to give this wide angle view that includes the tower and its reflection in the water.

Star Ferry Terminal

Taken from the upper deck of the walkway.

Cultural Centre

A different look at the unique structure that houses one of the concert halls of the Cultural Centre.

Sailing into dusk

Taken from the window of the food court in Harbour City, while waiting for my dinner to be cooked.

Contemplating

Took a few shots in the general direction with my camera at waist level. He still noticed that I was photographing him and walked away.

Your comments and feedback are welcomed.

Thanks!

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Default Re: Roy's portfolio - Tsim Sha Tsui HK

Originally posted by roygoh

Star Ferry Terminal

Taken from the upper deck of the walkway.

Roy
    Very nice and atmospheric picture.... I really like the contrast between the sharp foreground and the misty background. The green white ships made the shot!

Sailing into dusk

Taken from the window of the food court in Harbour City, while waiting for my dinner to be cooked.

Roy
    Nice food court view, not something you will see in Singapore's food court.

Any filter used? Tobacco? Yuckkksss if it is .... but still a lovely shot.

Contemplating

Took a few shots in the general direction with my camera at waist level. He still noticed that I was photographing him and walked away.

- Roy
    Contemplating where or not to jump into the sea??? Nice shot but would be tempted to have a tighter crop to give more impact!

Pic 1 and 3 not up to my taste but the rest of the pics are something I would like to chance upon and take my own...

Default Re: Re: Roy's portfolio - Tsim Sha Tsui HK

And I thought no one will ever give any feedback on this set. You only stumbled into this during the housekeeping eh?

Originally posted by jasphotography
    Very nice and atmospheric picture.... I really like the contrast between the sharp foreground and the misty background. The green white ships made the shot!
    Thanks! I have 2 versions of this scene. The other was shot from ground level, and I preferred this one.

Nice food court view, not something you will see in Singapore's food court.

Any filter used? Tobacco? Yuckkksss if it is .... but still a lovely shot.
    No filters used. The actual colour I saw was less tobaco-ish, but closer to normal sunset colours. The auto WB probably could not decide how best to represent the colours, especially with the food stain on the food court window... I kond of liked the colours straight out of camera, so I decided not to try to tweak it.

Not sure what your "yucks" is referring to...but I am sure I don't want to know...

Contemplating where or not to jump into the sea??? Nice shot but would be tempted to have a tighter crop to give more impact!
    I did consider different cropping, but in the end decided not to chop off the top of the tall building across the water on HK Island.

If I had taken the shot from a lower angle then I would be able to crop in tighter. But considering that I was trying to take the shot without him noticing....anyway, I am sure glad he did not jump into the sea...

Pic 1 and 3 not up to my taste but the rest of the pics are something I would like to chance upon and take my own...
    Thanks for your feedback! 3 out of 5 that appealed to you is good enough for me!

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Default Re: Re: Re: Roy's portfolio - Tsim Sha Tsui HK

And I thought no one will ever give any feedback on this set. You only stumbled into this during the housekeeping eh?
    - Roy
    No, I didn't stumble into this.... I did see your thread once/twice and I was surprised or alittle disappointed that it left unnoticed considering the effort you put in. How right is that & where were all the photography enthusiasts?

ok nevermind, so here I am!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Roy's portfolio - Tsim Sha Tsui HK

No, I didn't stumble into this.... I did see your thread once/twice and I was surprised or alittle disappointed that it left unnoticed considering the effort you put in. How right is that & where were all the photography enthusiasts?

ok nevermind, so here I am!
    Yeah, considering I travelled all the way to HK despite the SRAS outbreak to take the series of photos, the effort is huge!!

Like the Sailing into Dusk picture. Did u do any editing?

Originally posted by kingpin
    Like the Sailing into Dusk picture. Did u do any editing?
    No major editing. I cropped it a little, and adjusted the levels slightly to increase the contrast. The colour cast seemed to be a result of poor WB which turned out to be quite pleasing.

Thanks!

- Roy