Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Singapore My Home?

  1. #1

    Default Singapore My Home?

    Ok.. since national day is just round the corner... just wanna find out how many of us here really treat singapore like home... if ever u have a free choice to move to another country or continent... would you? Does not matter what age you are... or what your job is... assuming that all else remains constant....or ideal...

    I do see singapore as my home in many ways... however I cannot see myself living here till the day i die.... singapre simply saps the energy from me... the lifestlye here is too demanding monetary as well as mentally...

    How about you?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    Ok.. since national day is just round the corner... just wanna find out how many of us here really treat singapore like home... if ever u have a free choice to move to another country or continent... would you? Does not matter what age you are... or what your job is... assuming that all else remains constant....or ideal...

    I do see singapore as my home in many ways... however I cannot see myself living here till the day i die.... singapre simply saps the energy from me... the lifestlye here is too demanding monetary as well as mentally...

    How about you?
    ... thanks to the 66.6% .. More GOOD Years Ahead

  3. #3

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    All good except IPPT, it's killing me..............which smart alex suggested the RT systems???

    Must go and shake his hand. But, singapore still good for me.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Singapore is my home away from home.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Yeah it is.

    Although we all need time away from home once in a while, I guess.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    What is IPPT?
    Sounds like a tax, nobody likes taxes
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    I was born in Singapore, I grow up in Singapore, I receive my education in Singapore, I have serve my nation as a Singapore soldier, I have a home of my own in Singapore, my family is in Singapore, my friends are in Singapore, I have a job in Singapore, and I am have the Singapore pink IC and Singapore passport, and it says that I am a Singaporean.

    So if I can't call Singapore my home, then where is my home??


    One more thing, I have stayed oversea for a few years before, and there is no perfect place to live in.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  8. #8
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ... thanks to the 66.6% .. More GOOD Years Ahead
    More good years ahead.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  9. #9

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    I'm a australian that moved to Singapore 8 years ago with work. Original plan was only to stay 12-18 months. For the first 5 years, I kept saying "Next year I'll go back to Sydney". I've now given up trying to plan to return to australia, so I'd say, yep, Singapore is my home now.

    I do think one day I'll return to Australia. Maybe to retire, and thats a long way off!!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    I was born in Singapore, I grow up in Singapore, I receive my education in Singapore, I have serve my nation as a Singapore soldier, I have a home of my own in Singapore, my family is in Singapore, my friends are in Singapore, I have a job in Singapore, and I am have the Singapore pink IC and Singapore passport, and it says that I am a Singaporean.

    So if I can't call Singapore my home, then where is my home??


    One more thing, I have stayed oversea for a few years before, and there is no perfect place to live in.

    Bravo to you... A Singaporean!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwaldo View Post
    I'm a australian that moved to Singapore 8 years ago with work. Original plan was only to stay 12-18 months. For the first 5 years, I kept saying "Next year I'll go back to Sydney". I've now given up trying to plan to return to australia, so I'd say, yep, Singapore is my home now.

    I do think one day I'll return to Australia. Maybe to retire, and thats a long way off!!

    Earn a living in Singapore and retire in Australia... why not retire in Singapore?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Agree with kelccm. It also depends on where you were raised. For me, I was born and grew up in SGP. But for my brother, since he was born and grew up in Italy, he always wished he could go back one day.
    It's an emotional thing too.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    What is IPPT?
    Sounds like a tax, nobody likes taxes
    It tax your body... haha..btw are you a Singaporean? Have you done NS in Singapore?

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    I was born in Singapore, I grow up in Singapore, I receive my education in Singapore, I have serve my nation as a Singapore soldier, I have a home of my own in Singapore, my family is in Singapore, my friends are in Singapore, I have a job in Singapore, and I am have the Singapore pink IC and Singapore passport, and it says that I am a Singaporean.

    So if I can't call Singapore my home, then where is my home??


    One more thing, I have stayed oversea for a few years before, and there is no perfect place to live in.
    I surf Singapore photo forum, I read Singapore's channelnewasia.com, I eat Singapore foods,
    I go to Singapore for holidays, I buy camera gear from Singapore shops, I chat to Singapore girls in the chat site, I dream about Singapore etc.

    But I live in Sydney. Can I consider Singapore also as my home?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    It tax your body... haha..btw are you a Singaporean? Have you done NS in Singapore?
    hoho! Human tax :P
    I'm not Singaporean, so I don't have to do NS in Singapore
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  16. #16

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I chat to Singapore girls in the chat site,
    ...


  17. #17

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ...

    On clubsnap? horhor
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  18. #18
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    i will say singapore is still the cheapest place to stay in. food is cheap, transport is cheap, you can get anything in singapore. tax and GST is still lower than in many countries.

    it doesnt apply for those who look for high standard of living and wans a car. but, housing in singapore is still cheaper than living in HK or Japan interms of $/floor area. Of course staying in Australia, cars n housing is cheaper in the suburb, but other than that, it is opposite from singapore.

    There are also alot more political issues in many countries. i dare say singapore is still a very livable places. just dun get involve in politics.

    Kiasu Singaporean? i think it doesnt apply to only singapore ba... everywhere in the world, people are kiasu. it is just how people present theirselves in their public.

    I love to stay in Australia where i am now studying. but food here is too expensive. travel distances are too far when going from one place to another.

    one sentence. just live happily and be satisfied with what you need than what you want.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    On clubsnap? horhor
    I think they are Singapore men with girls' names.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Singapore My Home?

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    i will say singapore is still the cheapest place to stay in. food is cheap, transport is cheap, you can get anything in singapore. tax and GST is still lower than in many countries.

    it doesnt apply for those who look for high standard of living and wans a car. but, housing in singapore is still cheaper than living in HK or Japan interms of $/floor area. Of course staying in Australia, cars n housing is cheaper in the suburb, but other than that, it is opposite from singapore.

    There are also alot more political issues in many countries. i dare say singapore is still a very livable places. just dun get involve in politics.

    Kiasu Singaporean? i think it doesnt apply to only singapore ba... everywhere in the world, people are kiasu. it is just how people present theirselves in their public.

    I love to stay in Australia where i am now studying. but food here is too expensive. travel distances are too far when going from one place to another.

    one sentence. just live happily and be satisfied with what you need than what you want.
    cant agree more ... when in sg, we complain this, complain that. im guilty of complaining sometimes.. but whenever i'm overseas, i prefer to be back home.... just the familiarity around...

    when we kpkb that we have to wait abit more for a bus to come , think have to go european countries when we have to wait 45mins for a bus sometimes, and shivering from coldness outside while waiting, then we know we're blessed here
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •