Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRAS "Our Taxes. Our Nation." Photo/Artwork Contest, Deadline 15 August

Default IRAS "Our Taxes. Our Nation." Photo/Artwork Contest, Deadline 15 August

Default Re: IRAS "Our Taxes. Our Nation." Photo/Artwork Contest, Deadline 15 August

hahaaha

What you can get:

For each photo / artwork that is selected by IRAS, the participant will get:

∑ $30 cash voucher; and

∑ A Singapore Monopoly game set

Default Re: IRAS "Our Taxes. Our Nation." Photo/Artwork Contest, Deadline 15 August

Another disturbing clause in view of the prices for winning images, doesn't look like a fair game to me:

IRAS reserves the right to reproduce the submitted images for publicity purposes, without payment of any fees to the participants. Entries submitted, other than being reproduced in the photo book, may be reused in IRASí publications or website.

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnite View Post
    hahaaha
    well i'm not surprised
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Deregistered

i'll skip this compeeee.

They are so smart, but i am not stupid............
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Think they have to justify the prizes for the peoples' taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Another disturbing clause in view of the prices for winning images, doesn't look like a fair game to me:

IRAS reserves the right to reproduce the submitted images for publicity purposes, without payment of any fees to the participants. Entries submitted, other than being reproduced in the photo book, may be reused in IRASí publications or website.

HS
    Thanks for pointing out this "special" clause.

Looking for an easy way out of an assignment your boss gave you huh? Or just wanna avoid paying someone pro to do the job? Disgusting.

can take picture of my paycheck, ndp, and ERP gantries?
    chezburgr i can haz?

This time round, i don't think they are out for free photos. There are giving away a bit of money and a few monopoly sets in a feeble attempt to "educate" the next generation on the wonders of paying your taxes.

The theme "how taxes contribute towards what we have around us" is about as lame as it gets for a photo competition - BUT the 50 word caption forces the student to do his research, which i'm guessing is the main point of the whole exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post

HS
    Blood suckers!!!!

My entry:

(Sorry, couldn't resist... first picture that came to mind)
    Last edited by StreetShooter; 20th July 2007 at 06:55 PM.

wah! sure win first prize!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    My entry:

i thought the NDP commandos got stuck while rappelling down and thinking of their e-filing...

Hou bout this? Winner will not have to pay taxes...... ever.

Smile Re: IRAS "Our Taxes. Our Nation." Photo/Artwork Contest, Deadline 15 August

thought that was a failed hanging commando who sacrificed his life for the nation.

My entry:

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    This time round, i don't think they are out for free photos. There are giving away a bit of money and a few monopoly sets in a feeble attempt to "educate" the next generation on the wonders of paying your taxes.

The theme "how taxes contribute towards what we have around us" is about as lame as it gets for a photo competition - BUT the 50 word caption forces the student to do his research, which i'm guessing is the main point of the whole exercise.
    i thought under the sherman act, no monopoly ish allowed?
    chezburgr i can haz?

Deregistered

here's my concept for the shoot if anyone wants to join.

" O $ P $ "

Last edited by jacob; 20th July 2007 at 11:49 PM.

My entry:

makes me want to submit something along similar themes :P

Haha... Perhaps this competition will be a "sad" one...

Maybe this will be a first and last one held by IRAS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast