Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day @ the Office

Default Re: Day @ the Office

lol Super big 2000W lightbox..

Bitter Beginnings

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you've got yourself a whole set of stock images for sales. Very nice shots. Wish I have such shots. Few personal perspectives though. The toilet one needs "lens correction" in PS to align the side panels straight. Don't quite fancy the telephone one. The spectacle on keyboard shot, use gaussian blur to focus on the corner of the specs + that segment of the keyboard. I especially like the spoon one. Really fantastic shots. Keep it up bro.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Thanks, hehe more like bored photography... my officemates are wondering what I'm doing in my office hehehe.
    haha better not get caught by yr boss:P

unless he's into this also. haha

Under Repair
    Hi bro,
    I love the creativity of this one !!!

Can share how you manage the focusing and the focus point for the shot? Really like to learn from an expert.

Thanks

cykic: I'm no expert hehe... I'm using a 50mm f/1.8 prime, this shot was shot with f/2.0 hence the thin DOF. I manually chose the focus point (in this case, the right focus point next to the center focus point - my cam only has 7-points, 5 across, 3 vertical). then took the shot...

The reason why the right most column and 3,6,9,# keys are blurred is because they're shallower than the cellphone's menu keys. The cellphone is positioned at least 2" lower than the main phone's edge, hence the DOF of #4 and 7 on the white phone is pretty similar to the cellphone's Menu keys.

cykic: I'm no expert hehe... I'm using a 50mm f/1.8 prime, this shot was shot with f/2.0 hence the thin DOF. I manually chose the focus point (in this case, the right focus point next to the center focus point - my cam only has 7-points, 5 across, 3 vertical). then took the shot...

The reason why the right most column and 3,6,9,# keys are blurred is because they're shallower than the cellphone's menu keys. The cellphone is positioned at least 2" lower than the main phone's edge, hence the DOF of #4 and 7 on the white phone is pretty similar to the cellphone's Menu keys.
    What more can I say than... Great stuff ! Good use of the contrast of the main phone and the cellphone (Samsung I guess?)...

The Yawn

Actually, if you dun mind, I would also like to know what you did for pp on colour treatment for this?

cycik: The laptop's color is already quite metallic and grey. I merely added a tad bit of toning on top of my B&W workflow... Simply add a SOLID COLOR layer and change that blending mode to COLOR, then choose a shade.

The Accused

Painful Passage

This is f***ing amazing. I hope the boss doesn't mind though (:

I love this series too! One of the most creative sets I've seen in a long time. It looks like you're really having quite a ball at work, though probably not. At least you're keeping yourself entertained and us inspired, thanks for sharing.

Yes I am, actually... love my work, company and bosses. My bosses don't mind (since they're not based in the same office hehe)... quite a lot can be done during lunch breaks Our secretary didn't know why I borrowed her clip and tack pins this morning LOL...

Glad you guys like it... I hope I can find more things to shoot around the office... I have a couple of ideas a while ago, but ran out of time (rain poured hard, didn't have enough light), will try to shoot them next week.

Thanks for looking!

i like ur office series. very creative! the accused is my fave.

vodkaice: Thanks... The Accused actually came as an accident while I was preparing for "Painful Passage"... I was trying hard to make the bed of pins but everytime I put the clip on top, the whole stack just falls all over the place. When I tried to pick all of them up (they're all placed on top of a sheet of white legal-size paper), the all pointed to a single direction, and I got the idea from there.

It's quite frustrating to arrange those things coz they don't stay in place and they kinda stick to your sticky fingers as well.

Office Romance was also an accident composition, was preparing for "Bitter Beginnings" and I accidentally dropped coffee on the lid of the water cup, not the coffee cup. When I stood up and grabbed some tissue, I saw the capillary effect when I pulled the two cups apart. So I set up another sheet of paper as reflector and used a CD for "key light" for the "kiss" and took the shot from above.

ur shots are nice!!

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12