Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: MLM, the black sheeps

  1. #21
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    MLM pple are also working... they worked to serve those above... in every product sold, for every new member recuited, as much as 50% of the profits goes into the pockets of upper ranks.

    There are people who went into credit card debts and overdrafts just to buy products to maintain monthly points quota ! imagine that lack of wisdom these folks have..

    of cos.. the ones that has a huge army of followers below are feeding on the incomes made by these small fishes... and to keep these small fishes in the network.. they had to constantly to remind them the good life they wanted to seek from this business network..things like vision.. principles.. finanicial freedom... free time.. good health.. just keep on ecnouraging them.. kept patting on their shoulders.. they will preach their life stories of success.. give very motivational speeches... and even organise house parties to welcome new people... photos and stories of millionaires published in training centres being referred to so often as if they are your own father and mother.

    everything look so nice, sound so nice... they often smile ! shake your hands... and in everyone hearts, there is a secret agenda " i want to be rich at the expense of others... my downlines.. and i must get more of them "
    That's what I've been trying to do, knocking sense into people who believe too much in mlm-ing.

    Early retirement? yeah right....

    When i ask one fella how much she earns, she gives me "i forgot" excuse. Typical tactics used when dragging ppl into MLM:

    "Oh you'll know when you reach there"
    "Oh, it's fun"
    "Oh its very hard to explain"
    "Why ask so much"

    The idiotic despos.... not sexual despos but recruitment despos, despos desperate to recruit more ppl. I don't get their logic. The work so hard to feed their uplines who cut a majority of the product selling price, and they themselves getting a single digit commission. What's this?
    SLAVERY?

    Like example, a 'high level employee' will have 5 "mid level employees", who will each have 5 "employees", who will each have 10 "junior employees".... etc etc.. The only way to climb up is either hit your sales quota (like 4, 5 digit). You can either sell all youself or rope in ppl, whom you receive a cut from their sales OR a 'monetary gift' for recruitment.

    So it's an endless process, which only benifits the uplines. Earning $20 000 a month? Yes I believe... But the rate of success? And WTF's with "Manager", "business manager", "group business manager", etc ranks? Just glorification?

    Lots of propoganda and psychology. All the "my life was changed" type of talks make me go "HUH?!". Any event can be life changing, big or small, significant or subtly. Early retirement? I've seen people who joined MLM saying he can "make 10K a month"... "more than a uni graduate" and hence its useless to continue education, MLM/SLM can guarantee you a future. And so he quits school for full time MLM-ing. I last heard that he made les than $100 a month and now has no future (not that I want to be harsh) cos ended up he only has N level cert. The lengths MLM people go to to persuade, decieve people. The system is degrading to such a lowly operation.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ... in every product sold, for every new member recuited, as much as 50% of the profits goes into the pockets of upper ranks.
    That is why I don't buy MLM products. I am paying a lot more than other non-MLM products. But MLM people will preach how much more superior their products are. eg.: Amway.
    Last edited by Canew; 22nd July 2007 at 06:59 AM.

  3. #23

    Smile Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    or noni juice. not heard of it much lately. anyone heard of sunshine empire group? share yr views or opinions.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 22nd July 2007 at 10:26 AM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    That's what I've been trying to do, knocking sense into people who believe too much in mlm-ing.

    Early retirement? yeah right....

    When i ask one fella how much she earns, she gives me "i forgot" excuse. Typical tactics used when dragging ppl into MLM:

    "Oh you'll know when you reach there"
    "Oh, it's fun"
    "Oh its very hard to explain"
    "Why ask so much"

    The idiotic despos.... not sexual despos but recruitment despos, despos desperate to recruit more ppl. I don't get their logic. The work so hard to feed their uplines who cut a majority of the product selling price, and they themselves getting a single digit commission. What's this?
    SLAVERY?
    One thing that I can think of why they continue to slave for the uplines is because they have an impression that they too will reach there one day..

    But then again, sometimes the whole scheme collapses even before they make their way to the top.

  5. #25

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    or noni juice. not heard of it much lately. anyone heard of sunshine empire group? share yr views or opinions.
    Its at Toa Payoh central. Been there once when my customer told me to meet him at Toa Payoh. End up he was trying to get me to join him.

    Surprisingly, there are alot of people there. Mostly people in their 50s. The entire floor was packed with people. I eventually had to meet my customer at a fast food restaurant at ground floor.

  6. #26
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG View Post
    One thing that I can think of why they continue to slave for the uplines is because they have an impression that they too will reach there one day..

    But then again, sometimes the whole scheme collapses even before they make their way to the top.
    I never believed in mlm. I always go with a closed mind, so I can dismember their every claim and arguement. I don't get why so many people believe in MLM.

    Early retirement? How many people can make it to 20K or 50K a month income? So I can say I buy Toto once and struck $10,000. I believe can buy Toto and strike 15 million dollars and retire immediately. So I become a professional Toto buyer?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    That's what I've been trying to do, knocking sense into people who believe too much in mlm-ing.

    Early retirement? yeah right....

    When i ask one fella how much she earns, she gives me "i forgot" excuse. Typical tactics used when dragging ppl into MLM:

    "Oh you'll know when you reach there"
    "Oh, it's fun"
    "Oh its very hard to explain"
    "Why ask so much"

    The idiotic despos.... not sexual despos but recruitment despos, despos desperate to recruit more ppl. I don't get their logic. The work so hard to feed their uplines who cut a majority of the product selling price, and they themselves getting a single digit commission. What's this?
    SLAVERY?

    Like example, a 'high level employee' will have 5 "mid level employees", who will each have 5 "employees", who will each have 10 "junior employees".... etc etc.. The only way to climb up is either hit your sales quota (like 4, 5 digit). You can either sell all youself or rope in ppl, whom you receive a cut from their sales OR a 'monetary gift' for recruitment.

    So it's an endless process, which only benifits the uplines. Earning $20 000 a month? Yes I believe... But the rate of success? And WTF's with "Manager", "business manager", "group business manager", etc ranks? Just glorification?

    Lots of propoganda and psychology. All the "my life was changed" type of talks make me go "HUH?!". Any event can be life changing, big or small, significant or subtly. Early retirement? I've seen people who joined MLM saying he can "make 10K a month"... "more than a uni graduate" and hence its useless to continue education, MLM/SLM can guarantee you a future. And so he quits school for full time MLM-ing. I last heard that he made les than $100 a month and now has no future (not that I want to be harsh) cos ended up he only has N level cert. The lengths MLM people go to to persuade, decieve people. The system is degrading to such a lowly operation.
    they called it " mindset ", they want you to adopt the belief into your life. However, people know how to think smart nowadays.

  8. #28

    Smile Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    what's yr opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokka View Post
    Its at Toa Payoh central. Been there once when my customer told me to meet him at Toa Payoh. End up he was trying to get me to join him.

    Surprisingly, there are alot of people there. Mostly people in their 50s. The entire floor was packed with people. I eventually had to meet my customer at a fast food restaurant at ground floor.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I've had enough.... enough arguements with MLM employees. To the extent I had to block someone on my MSN contacts.


    Some tactics:

    "You'll know when you get there"
    "Very hard to explain"
    "Come to my office if you want to know more, very hard for me to explain here"
    "These are my 'business associates' "

    Don't get brainwashed.
    Says MLM/SLM/ direct selling offers you a chance to make big money and early retirement and more stability?

    Cut the crap...
    aiya... seen too many of such mlm cases. sorry lah i think they got brainwashed or something .. mah jiam poisoned like tat... but for those who are in mlm, i guess they have their own targets to meet.. heck care lor...
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokka View Post
    Its at Toa Payoh central. Been there once when my customer told me to meet him at Toa Payoh. End up he was trying to get me to join him.

    Surprisingly, there are alot of people there. Mostly people in their 50s. The entire floor was packed with people. I eventually had to meet my customer at a fast food restaurant at ground floor.
    they like to target CPF retirees... becos got money to buy products mah. Retirees are easy to recruit becos they are bored at home..

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    aiya... seen too many of such mlm cases. sorry lah i think they got brainwashed or something .. mah jiam poisoned like tat... but for those who are in mlm, i guess they have their own targets to meet.. heck care lor...
    ... and the funny thing is they will always said they are different from other MLM, some said more into " people development, culture.. "... chey ! at the end of the day it is still the " money "

    Last edited by raincool2005; 22nd July 2007 at 01:58 PM.

  12. #32
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ... and the funny thing is they will always said they are different from other MLM, some said more into " people development, culture.. "... chey ! at the end of the day it is still the " money "

    Might as well join some social organisations.

  13. #33

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    For those who want to be in this trade, do take note that one has to work harder than his/her day job. You are talking about meeting clients after office hours right up to midnight selling vitamin pills. Pills which people can substitute from any pharmacy.

    There is no right or wrong buying from MLM or being part of one. It's just a direct sales channel through relationship building. If it wasnt well received or badly pitched, be prepared to taste relationship souring.

    I was once a patron of USANA products. My wife and I was then persuaded to be part of their team. I invested >$3k worth of products for my wife to use as samples whenever she travelled. When I felt it was not fruitful enough to do that kinda direct sales, I withdrew from the program, but out of loyalty for the friendship, I did not return a single item. My direct upline had been showing me a black face ever since whenever we have a gathering. He refused to speak or even look at me. I remained neutral though as I do not depend on him to make a living. But he did make quite a fair bit thru commissions by my purchases. My wife did her best, but realised it wasnt a suitable trade for her. It was a business decision for me to cease. But it does not mean it was a bad brand or that it carries bad products.

    Hence, there is no good or bad about MLM. Respect them for who they are for they are but attempting to make a living or some pocket money. It's good to seperate business from friendship sometimes.

    Just my thoughs about all the negativities.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Most MLM companies would stress that by joining them, it is the first step towards financial freedom, having more time to enjoy life, family, etc. OK. If this is so achievable, I would think that there will be successful MLM-ers here in CS. Why? OK. It has been mentioned numerous times here in CS that photography is an expensive hobby. Successful MLM-ers will not bat an eye-lid to spend on photography since they have the 'financial freedom.'

    Secondly, since they have the time, I assume that photography, being a very popular hobby on Earth, MLM-ers will be spending a considerable amount of time on photography.

    AND, I am sure that successful MLM-ers here in Singapore who have the financial means to purchase photography equipment and the time to pursue this hobby WILL be a CS member.

    But, we have not heard from any staunch MLM proponents since this thread was started.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    For those who want to be in this trade, do take note that one has to work harder than his/her day job. You are talking about meeting clients after office hours right up to midnight selling vitamin pills. Pills which people can substitute from any pharmacy.

    There is no right or wrong buying from MLM or being part of one. It's just a direct sales channel through relationship building. If it wasnt well received or badly pitched, be prepared to taste relationship souring.

    I was once a patron of USANA products. My wife and I was then persuaded to be part of their team. I invested >$3k worth of products for my wife to use as samples whenever she travelled. When I felt it was not fruitful enough to do that kinda direct sales, I withdrew from the program, but out of loyalty for the friendship, I did not return a single item. My direct upline had been showing me a black face ever since whenever we have a gathering. He refused to speak or even look at me. I remained neutral though as I do not depend on him to make a living. But he did make quite a fair bit thru commissions by my purchases. My wife did her best, but realised it wasnt a suitable trade for her. It was a business decision for me to cease. But it does not mean it was a bad brand or that it carries bad products.

    Hence, there is no good or bad about MLM. Respect them for who they are for they are but attempting to make a living or some pocket money. It's good to seperate business from friendship sometimes.

    Just my thoughs about all the negativities.
    hey.. a black face from your upline ? oh.. i believed his face during your recruitment was a bright warm smile, and even warmer when u swiped your credit card for the products.

    NO MONEY NO TALK !

  16. #36
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    hey.. a black face from your upline ? oh.. i believed his face during your recruitment was a bright warm smile, and even warmer when u swiped your credit card for the products.

    NO MONEY NO TALK !
    They seem overly warm and friendly, which can be quite scary...

    Even scarier is that they're acting.

    Scariest is that they 'change your life' by encouraging you to sell more so they can squeeze the $ from you.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    They seem overly warm and friendly, which can be quite scary...

    Even scarier is that they're acting.

    Scariest is that they 'change your life' by encouraging you to sell more so they can squeeze the $ from you.
    do u believe this ? i had a fren whose marriage was destroyed becos one of them suffered from debts on MLM expenses...

    Last edited by raincool2005; 23rd July 2007 at 01:27 PM.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Learning from my personal experience with MLM; sometimes when things sounds too good to be true, they normal are...

  19. #39
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    do u believe this ? i had a fren whose marriage was destroyed becos one of them suffered from debts on MLM expenses...

    There's a guy "A" in my ite class. He told us his friend told him to go MLM. A said he can make $10K a month, more than uni grad. So he quitted school, say school useless. Why study when you can make money. Can early retire. That's what he said. That's what MLMers always say.

    Turn the clock forward a few months. He had left school to do MLM full time. He mad no money or less than $100 a month. And he's still inside thinking the can make 10K one day. He left school, now doesn't have a proper paper qualification... The lengths MLM go to to CONvince people that MLM is the 'perfect' job.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: MLM, the black sheeps

    Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Learning from my personal experience with MLM; sometimes when things sounds too good to be true, they normal are...
    remember Gold 90.5 FM advertisment ? "... maybe one day your son will hold the racket like a legacy... "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •