Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Needed help with this photo

  1. #1

    Default Needed help with this photo

    hey guys,

    I shot this picture in my bedroom using Canon 30D and a 580EX speedlite.
    shutter speed is 1/60 and f5.6. However the picture turn out super under exposed.
    This picure was shot straight away after i mount the flash to the body. Battery strength is tip top.
    However after 10 minutes, i take another photo in the same setting, same location, the exposure is great.
    Does the flash and body need to sychro and warm up ????
    I think i need to send the equipments for servicing liao. sianzzz.....
    Reall appreciation, if someone can enlighten me. Thanks guys


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    998

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    something wrong w the flash. looks like it didn't fire at all.
    contact lose la.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    something wrong w the flash. looks like it didn't fire at all.
    contact lose la.
    Hey Bro, after the ten minutes of warming up, i mount the flash without even turning the knob, the flash can fire off and exposure is accurate. Contact is not lose, i suspect something is wrong with the flash internally. just wonder why need to warm up in order to work.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    10 mins of warm up

    You might want to take it down for check up esp if within warr

  5. #5

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    Quote Originally Posted by dunnowho View Post
    10 mins of warm up

    You might want to take it down for check up esp if within warr
    Will check with the service center regarding this weird problem.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    You can perform self-test before visiting the service centre

    - test your flash unit with another set of batteries
    - test your flash unit with another DSLR
    - test your camera with another flash unit
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  7. #7

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    it's most likly due to batt.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    er... straight away after you mount on? did the ready light turn on? The flash need a litle time to charge up after you turn it on.

    I'm just asking if there is this posibility.. please ignore me if I sound silly.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    er... straight away after you mount on? did the ready light turn on? The flash need a litle time to charge up after you turn it on.

    I'm just asking if there is this posibility.. please ignore me if I sound silly.
    Hey bro, it doesn't sound silly. the ready light turn to red, but it just can't get it right in the first 10 minutes. The flash need to chage up though. I used sanyo rechargable, and i switch to quantum 6V. So its confirm not the problem with battery. Maybe its the charging up the flash itself.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    if the flash need 10minutes to warm up is time to send in to CSC.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    To my understanding, 580 has some syn issue with certain model. It does not works with my 300D but works well with my 30D and 10D. A fren of mine who repairs cameras did told me the 580 has some reading issue. I suggest you send it back to CSC to have a check together with the photos

  12. #12

    Default Re: Needed help with this photo

    Quote Originally Posted by wenghong View Post
    Hey bro, it doesn't sound silly. the ready light turn to red, but it just can't get it right in the first 10 minutes. The flash need to chage up though. I used sanyo rechargable, and i switch to quantum 6V. So its confirm not the problem with battery. Maybe its the charging up the flash itself.
    If it didn't charge up enough, it should still fire, only that you won't get the full power. Send it in. It sounds like a problem with the firing electronics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •