Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

  1. #41

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    no need to reserve a copy ? hmmmmmmmmm wonder what this hype is all about ?
    but then when did logic make sense in this world
    I talked to the book store at GWC, they think they have enough on hand for the weekend and the week. They have ordered and confirmed to received 2000 copies. The reservation only make sure in the event things gets out of hand, I will still have a copy and not have to wait for more books to arrive.

    Hype?
    Well, just in the US alone, 12+ million copies will be printed for delivery on the first day.
    Barnes and Nobles, Amazon and Borders are all reporting record breaking pre-order.

    Are I will not be surfing the net this weekend
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    PURE SPECULATION ONLY. THESE ARE NOT SPOILERS

    1) who will get killed?
    -hermione
    -hagrid

    2) who will get a repreive
    - snape

    3) who is RAB
    - regulus black

    4) who helped RAB steal the horcrux (i.e. sat on the boat, drank the potion)
    - kreacher

    5) who will kill voldemort
    - neville longbottom

    6) what are the remaining horcruxes
    - neville's wand (the last wand that ollivander sold)
    - the black family locket that kreacher stole
    - hufflepuff's cup
    - ravenclaw's ornament (whatever it may be)
    - griffyndor's sword?

    7) other mysteries revealed
    - who aunt petunia really is
    - why dumbledore had james' invisibility cloak when he can use the disillusionment charm on himself
    - who mundungus fletcher really is
    - who neville really is

    can't wait for the 21st (:

  3. #43

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    This one seems to be the real deal! The photo got EXIF! Harry Potter didn't die!
    wat realli happened..
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    12 more hours to the launch of Book 7!!!! Hope can get my hands on a copy tmr....did not reserve.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Are I will not be surfing the net this weekend
    Yah try not to until finished the book...too many spoilers floating around liao.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    12 more hours to the launch of Book 7!!!! Hope can get my hands on a copy tmr....did not reserve.

    Yah try not to until finished the book...too many spoilers floating around liao.
    some idiots will do full res scan of the whole book, starting from last page...

    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    not a fan of the poty, but chance upon this spoiler.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Whoo!! Today's the day!!

    Has any1 got their hands on a copy yet?

  8. #48

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    My friend bought the book this morning. She's a huge fan of the Harry Potter book series. I went over to her place just now and read the major parts of it.

    Sorry to say this but the ending sucks big time. Won't put any spoilers here in case people whack me up down left right center. :P

    I guess it is true Rowling did really face writer's block at one point, and fans of the series can easily tell the huge difference of Rowling's writing style between the first book and the last one. I feel the way the last book was written was for the sake of making the movie in the future. Not to mention commercial elements was considered as well.

    Too long, too draggy, and they also pulled in too many unnecessary characters from the past books.

    And no, the ending wasn't anywhere near what the media has been speculating.
    Last edited by mich_2103; 21st July 2007 at 04:08 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    My friend bought the book this morning. She's a huge fan of the Harry Potter book series. I went over to her place just now and read the major parts of it.

    Sorry to say this but the ending sucks big time. Won't put any spoilers here in case people whack me up down left right center. :P

    I guess it is true Rowling did really face writer's block at one point, and fans of the series can easily tell the huge difference of Rowling's writing style between the first book and the last one. I feel the way the last book was written was for the sake of making the movie in the future. Not to mention commercial elements was considered as well.

    Too long, too draggy, and they also pulled in too many unnecessary characters from the past books.

    And no, the ending wasn't anywhere near what the media has been speculating.
    after the 7 movies, there will be tv series... cartoon series will be available soon, since voldemort is introduced in movie... then alot of side stories...

    harry potter vs david copperfield (the direct to dvd movie)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    after the 7 movies, there will be tv series... cartoon series will be available soon, since voldemort is introduced in movie... then alot of side stories...

    harry potter vs david copperfield (the direct to dvd movie)
    Well, let's just hope Rowling is smart enough not to let movie/production companies turn this franchise into another Friday the 13th series. Ha!

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    Well, let's just hope Rowling is smart enough not to let movie/production companies turn this franchise into another Friday the 13th series. Ha!
    Freddy vs Jason... hahaha...

    imagine become like Dragonball... even more jialat...

    Harry Potter Z
    Harry Potter GT
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Those of you who've read the book, please post the spoilers here.

  13. #53
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave View Post
    Those of you who've read the book, please post the spoilers here.
    Here the link with the ending:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_P...eathly_Hallows

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong Lake District - West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    ha nice ending

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Excellent

  16. #56

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    My friend bought the book this morning. She's a huge fan of the Harry Potter book series. I went over to her place just now and read the major parts of it.

    Sorry to say this but the ending sucks big time. Won't put any spoilers here in case people whack me up down left right center. :P

    I guess it is true Rowling did really face writer's block at one point, and fans of the series can easily tell the huge difference of Rowling's writing style between the first book and the last one. I feel the way the last book was written was for the sake of making the movie in the future. Not to mention commercial elements was considered as well.

    Too long, too draggy, and they also pulled in too many unnecessary characters from the past books.

    And no, the ending wasn't anywhere near what the media has been speculating.
    so you finished the book?

    and that the book is not up to par becaue it is not what the media had speculated? Wow! What insight.

    After 10 years and 7 books, I am ok with the ending. This is not the greatest of the Harry Potters, not like the Philosopher's Stone or Prisoner of Azkaban, not even the Order of Phoenix. I will rank it 4th in the series.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  17. #57

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    so you finished the book?

    and that the book is not up to par becaue it is not what the media had speculated? Wow! What insight.

    After 10 years and 7 books, I am ok with the ending. This is not the greatest of the Harry Potters, not like the Philosopher's Stone or Prisoner of Azkaban, not even the Order of Phoenix. I will rank it 4th in the series.
    Please keep in mind my opinions for the book and the media's speculation are to be taken exclusively. Thank you.

    I didn't like the book for a variety of reasons - mainly because the middle parts were too draggy and I felt some parts were redundant. I also didn't like the fact Rowling dragged in other characters from other books. Overall, the story gave me the feeling it wasn't flowy enough.

    Just my 2 worth. Avid fans of the series don't need to launch a war with me. Thank you.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    Please keep in mind my opinions for the book and the media's speculation are to be taken exclusively. Thank you.

    I didn't like the book for a variety of reasons - mainly because the middle parts were too draggy and I felt some parts were redundant. I also didn't like the fact Rowling dragged in other characters from other books. Overall, the story gave me the feeling it wasn't flowy enough.

    Just my 2 worth. Avid fans of the series don't need to launch a war with me. Thank you.
    I do agree from about page 100 to 350, a bit slow ...

    but I totally disagree about draggin in characters from other books ... all the characters were developed over time, throught hte past 6 books? What do you want? A brand new cast of characters?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    just came back from Giant Tampines....so many HP books there...

  20. #60

    Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    just came back from Giant Tampines....so many HP books there...
    No need to pre-order one... I saw many copies in many bookstores and no one buying... think all fans already bought ....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •