Thread: Using adaptors on Nikon F mount

Default Using adaptors on Nikon F mount

Nikon recommends that a interfacing adaptor be used when using their bellows as the bellows mount will damage AF contacts. What about lens adaptors? I checked my old m42 lens adaptors and it depresses the AF contacts.. will this damage the contacts too? thanks

Default Re: Using adaptors on Nikon F mount

i have read of such a claim previously on nikonian forum perhaps u can check it out

i got a similar problem but more because there is physical impedement with the battery grip against the bellows mount. I fixed a 25mm extension tube to make space.

Cheers
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by serial_lain View Post
    Nikon recommends that a interfacing adaptor be used when using their bellows as the bellows mount will damage AF contacts. What about lens adaptors? I checked my old m42 lens adaptors and it depresses the AF contacts.. will this damage the contacts too? thanks
    I DOUBT SO things are built to last
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

yeah i saw that comment on the nikonian forum too.. hmm using extension tubes sounds like a good way to make space clearance and protect the mount.. ill check it out thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by serial_lain View Post
    I should not think it is so much of a problem.

Rather... i think focusing at infinitly might be more of any issue for m42 lens on nikon bodies...

Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    I DOUBT SO things are built to last
    Not if you use something that the manufacturer doesn't recommend. Not all manufacturer subscribe to the built to last philisophy though.