Thread: Ovation 2.5" External hard drive 160gb

Default Ovation 2.5" External hard drive 160gb

Anyone owns one of this?

I tried plugging it into my computer but it doesn't work, i also tried my school computer but it doesn't function. Do i have to install a driver or something? but yet this is a portable harddisk, why would a drive be required.

Secondly, there's a scratch-n-sure win patch on the box and after scratching the picture shows a desktop and words stating "the exec desktop" does this mean i win the desktop ? or isit some code to another small prize?

Please advise , thank you.

Default Re: Ovation 2.5" External hard drive 160gb

Thread moved to a more suitable forum.

Does it come with 2 USB head on the PC side? maybe u need to plug both in. Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Ususally Laptop USB current supply is limited and that might be the cause of it. a little more specs of ur computer might be helpful here.

Cheers

yeah it comes with 2 usb head, k thanks ill try plugging both in. Oh im using AMD athlon Xp 2600+ 1.92Ghz 1GB of ram.

Have you used it before? Is it brand new? If by plugging in both USB connector still doesn't work...try this

1) Plug in the portable HDD
    2) Goto COntrol Panel
    3) Select administrative tools
    4) Select Computer management
    5) From the left pane, select disk management
    6) Now look on the right bottom pane and scroll down
    7) You should see something like Disk 0, Disk 1 etc depending on how many HDD you have
    8) Did you see a Disk no. that resembles your new portable HDD? Is the status shown as Healthy or something else?
    9) If you do not see the status as Healthy, then most likely your HDD has not been partitioned and formatted, thats why your computer does not recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by drOick View Post
    yeah it comes with 2 usb head, k thanks ill try plugging both in. Oh im using AMD athlon Xp 2600+ 1.92Ghz 1GB of ram.
    i feel you give the spec of the USB power output will be more useful...diff system got diff power output...

there is a slight trick though...I always on my media player after I plug the thing in. somehow, media player recognise my drive faster....then I close media player and the drive appears on my computer. anyone else have this experience?