Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Branded School or make yourself BRANDED

Default Re: Branded School or make yourself BRANDED

its simple actually. you go to a good school, you mix and rub shoulders with elites. People whose families call the shots in Business, Medicine, Law, you name it they have it. Your kid speaks with a twang and learns terms like equity, investments, economic reform, etc etc. When they grow up, their friends are top dogs and they themselves become top dogs.

You go to a lousy school, your classmates parents are lower class citizens, your kid learns terms like F you, $@($*% and other vugalarities and the best part, the more you say it, the more "respect" you get from your peers. When your kid grows up, his classmates are either dropouts or just your average blue collar worker. Hence your kid will be working like a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    back to the subject matter. branded schools. lately, some key personalities were seen celebrating their old schools. so, you decide. another, president's scholar award for father, then and daughter, now.
    The father is branded.

The daughter get herself branded too.

The question is must you get into a branded school to get yourself branded?

Yappy and happy

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    its simple actually. you go to a good school, you mix and rub shoulders with elites. People whose families call the shots in Business, Medicine, Law, you name it they have it. Your kid speaks with a twang and learns terms like equity, investments, economic reform, etc etc. When they grow up, their friends are top dogs and they themselves become top dogs.

You go to a lousy school, your classmates parents are lower class citizens, your kid learns terms like F you, $@($*% and other vugalarities and the best part, the more you say it, the more "respect" you get from your peers. When your kid grows up, his classmates are either dropouts or just your average blue collar worker. Hence your kid will be working like a dog.
    Don't you think that the besides school, the family has more influence.

To me parents play the most critical role in the upbringing of a child.

I can quote examples after example but at the end of the day, you choose your own destiny.

Now what if you come from a poor family and you are in a so call branded school, can you live up to the peer expectation?

They can affort to have branded good..how to rub shoulder when you are not even part of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

I can quote examples after example but at the end of the day, you choose your own destiny.

Now what if you come from a poor family and you are in a so call branded school, can you live up to the peer expectation?

They can affort to have branded good..how to rub shoulder when you are not even part of them...
    That is why only if you are a elite you go to a elite school. Put it this way... if you are poor, the principal of the elite school will tell you to go fly kite.

ok, since you are so happy and yappy that its the parents role, when you ever have a child PLEASE PLEASE send him to a neighbourhood school and see how he turns out, if he is the one in a million, GOOD FOR YOU, if not, i hope you get what some of us have been trying to tell you. the schools enviroment make HELLA LOT DIFFERENCE. Anyway, even if you come from a slightly lower income group, i believe the child would still be able to make friends in a "branded" school

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    That is why only if you are a elite you go to a elite school. Put it this way... if you are poor, the principal of the elite school will tell you to go fly kite.
    If yr score for PSLE is say.. >250, which secondary school principal would not take you?

And again if your O level is staright 7A1, which JC would not take you?

It doesnt matter whether you are rich or poor. The issue is get yourself branded.

Money can only make the school richer but not branded. And eventually when it is not branded, it would loose its status and nobody would go to the school. So if you are the principal, would you take branded children or $$$$$?

Yapyy & happy

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    ok, since you are so happy and yappy that its the parents role, when you ever have a child PLEASE PLEASE send him to a neighbourhood school and see how he turns out, if he is the one in a million, GOOD FOR YOU, if not, i hope you get what some of us have been trying to tell you. the schools enviroment make HELLA LOT DIFFERENCE. Anyway, even if you come from a slightly lower income group, i believe the child would still be able to make friends in a "branded" school
    For your info, both my children were in neighbourhood school. Their PSLE results allowed them to choose the secondary school they wish to go to.
    Both school and family are important in a child's life. However I would think family is more important.

Pse correct me if I am wrong.

Yappy & happy

Money can only make the school richer but not branded. And eventually when it is not branded, it would loose its status and nobody would go to the school. So if you are the principal, would you take branded children or $$$$$?

Yapyy & happy
    there are different levels of brandedness.

a level 3 branded school achieves both rich status and branded students.
    a level 2 branded school is not that rich, but has students with high potential and calibre.
    a level 1 branded school achieves only very good examination scores.

within each level, subcategories exist, like 3a, 3b, 2c. subcategories are mainly dependant on the strength, level of activity and level of contribution to the school by its alumni.

For your info, both my children were in neighbourhood school. Their PSLE results allowed them to choose the secondary school they wish to go to.
    Both school and family are important in a child's life. However I would think family is more important.

Yappy & happy
    Ok very happy for you! you've made it well as a parent. oh by the way, mid if you could tell me their schools?

Ok very happy for you! you've made it well as a parent. oh by the way, mid if you could tell me their schools?
    Thank you for showing interest in my family background.

Would U mind if you would reveal which branded school you wish to attend or attending or attended?

Yappy & happy

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    there are different levels of brandedness.

a level 3 branded school achieves both rich status and branded students.
    a level 2 branded school is not that rich, but has students with high potential and calibre.
    a level 1 branded school achieves only very good examination scores.

within each level, subcategories exist, like 3a, 3b, 2c. subcategories are mainly dependant on the strength, level of activity and level of contribution to the school by its alumni.
    U are right. However in order remain branded, they need branded children and when they loose the 'branded' they will become poor as nobody will support them.

Yappy & happy

Hey you guys should read "Freakonomics", iirc there is an interesting chapter in there that proves statistically that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which good school your kids came from, it has no effect on how they will turn out when they grow up.

What I want to say is there are alot of other variables that come into consideration.

Being in an elite sch will not make a person an "elite"

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Hey you guys should read "Freakonomics", iirc there is an interesting chapter in there that proves statistically that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which good school your kids came from, it has no effect on how they will turn out when they grow up.

What I want to say is there are alot of other variables that come into consideration.

Being in an elite sch will not make a person an "elite"
    That is precisely what I am driving at. Branded school does make a person branded. It is you and not the school. You make yourself branded and not the school. Again as FooFighter had said, there are many other contributing factors. he choice is yours and you choose your destiny... get yourself branded?

Thank you for showing interest in my family background.

Would U mind if you would reveal which branded school you wish to attend or attending or attended?

Yappy & happy
    hi i am from Holy Innocents Primary School, Next ( now) in Maris Stella High School.

Hoping to get into ACJC, ACSI (I) or ACSI...
    if results can go better , maybe vjc or njc..
    if worse, the CJC.

Thanks. how about your children?

hi i am from Holy Innocents Primary School, Next ( now) in Maris Stella High School.

Hoping to get into ACJC, ACSI (I) or ACSI...
    if results can go better , maybe vjc or njc..
    if worse, the CJC.

Thanks. how about your children?
    whoppie!! cjc alot alot of marists. acsi ibdp is quite new and exciting, and acjc.........haha, i believe you know those news about it. you sec what now? it's easier to enter the acsi(ib) if you get to enter acsi at sec3.

whoppie!! cjc alot alot of marists. acsi ibdp is quite new and exciting, and acjc.........haha, i believe you know those news about it. you sec what now? it's easier to enter the acsi(ib) if you get to enter acsi at sec3.
    im sec 4 le...muaahahhaha. i dont hope to go to CJC though. anyway, since now the standard now in CJC raised. less marist get in

im sec 4 le...muaahahhaha. i dont hope to go to CJC though. anyway, since now the standard now in CJC raised. less marist get in
    woah, so evil... how come look down at your own sch?

but now, everything really changing. acjc accpeting somewhere 7-8 points, cjc 10-11................. haiz, have to say the whole schooling economy abit skewed with the introduction of those through-train system.ri with rjc, vs with vjc, hci combine, acsi with ibdp, rv, and many more to come.

woah, so evil... how come look down at your own sch?

but now, everything really changing. acjc accpeting somewhere 7-8 points, cjc 10-11................. haiz, have to say the whole schooling economy abit skewed with the introduction of those through-train system.ri with rjc, vs with vjc, hci combine, acsi with ibdp, rv, and many more to come.
    haha never look down luh used to be our not-so-well students that get it. and their attitude isnt exactly the best if you get what i mean.

Furthermore, about one earlier post, i heard before that ************************** Schools have rejected students due to not so well family backgrounds. not confirm wor. just letting you all know. = )

Example..schools bench mark: 250

one students gets 250, but on financial assistance. big time.
    another kid 249, comes from one of singapores richest family. which would you accept?

Yappy & happy
    Agreed, totally.

That is precisely what I am driving at. Branded school does make a person branded. It is you and not the school. You make yourself branded and not the school. Again as FooFighter had said, there are many other contributing factors. he choice is yours and you choose your destiny... get yourself branded?
    Again, agreed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast