Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Branded School or make yourself BRANDED

Default Re: Branded School or make yourself BRANDED

If got Nikon Primary School, it'll be full of CSers' children liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    photography primary school?

Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post
    im brand conscious!!

but somehow, results doesnt allow me into branded schools.. LOL
    An "donation" to the new wing of the school or just fund definetely helps.

earlier on chn 8 7pm show...NSK smoking at void deck...WOW whats new.
    and umm i notice alot of people talking about brands and stuff...from what i know, most non-branded school pupils cant tell the diff between LV and Prada? BMW and Audi etc..WOW whats new

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Well being from a branded school gives one a head start in life. Reasoning being the friends you make are most likely children of powerful people, while a neighbourhood school, their parents are you typical heartlanders. Nothing wrong with that just that reasoning why elites stick togther is because they studied together and fostered a bond that cannot be fostered in other ways. That is why our most brillant and almost all of our minister's children are educated in overseas universities. To let them foster bonds with the future leaders of other countries, leaders in business, politics, medicine etc etc....
    So get yourself branded. When you are branded, the head of the school look for you. You dont have to worry.... dont forget, there are also many who are in branded school and come out 'unbranded' so what are we going to do?

Depends on whether entry to a 'branded school' is an option. Or failure to entry as an excuse.

I've a friend from lower-middle income who scored straight As in neighbourhood sec school, refused to go top JCs, went to a 'neighbourhood' JC, went on to local uni despite and turning down all scholarship offers and defied all the competitors from 'branded schools' to get to the dean's list, and ahead of everyone else got hired into an MNC. Currently a high flier there.

She has amazing resolute. Mental strength. Determination. She has never thought the world owes her anything. Something which her peers from both branded and non branded schools seem to be bogged down with.

from what i've seen. kids from branded school.... sometimes hhave this elitism attitude.

while kids from neighbourhood schools tend grow up matured and street smart.

the down side... kids in neightbourhood schools will see kids from the SS.

so, if they choose the wrong road... they can all go GG already...

SS = Secret Society
    GG = Good Game

What has happened to society that we are discussing about an external organisation that can make or break a child's life?

What has happened to a parent's role in a child's life?

Is the parent's role limited to volunteering ridiculous hours for a school or donating huge sums of money to get junior into that elite school of choice?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry every time I read a letter in the forum on what schools should do to prevent <insert latest teen problem here>.

I think we should worry less about branding and worry more about being normal.
    Work: PicasaWeb | Play: Animus3 | Mobile: Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by radedward View Post
    What has happened to society that we are discussing about an external organisation that can make or break a child's life?

Is the parent's role limited to volunteering ridiculous hours for a school or donating huge sums of money to get junior into that elite school of choice?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry every time I read a letter in the forum on what schools should do to prevent <insert latest teen problem here>.

A heartening reply. Shreads of sanity lives on in our rapidly insane environment. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    from what i've seen. kids from branded school.... sometimes hhave this elitism attitude.
    All democratic countries have an "elitist" attitude. In fact, almost every country today actually believes in putting their future in the hands of people who are touted to "think better", it's just how the standards of "thinking better" differ.

I hope the term "elitism" is not grossly misused after people view this post.

There is another name for whatever you're thinking, it's called SNOBBISHNESS, elitism is actually a very healthy attitude to take, and perfectly normal, contrary to what the press believe.

In any case, I agree with the above statement so long as Elitism is taken out and replaced with suggested word above. =)

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Depends on whether entry to a 'branded school' is an option. Or failure to entry as an excuse.

I've a friend from lower-middle income who scored straight As in neighbourhood sec school, refused to go top JCs, went to a 'neighbourhood' JC, went on to local uni despite and turning down all scholarship offers and defied all the competitors from 'branded schools' to get to the dean's list, and ahead of everyone else got hired into an MNC. Currently a high flier there.

She has amazing resolute. Mental strength. Determination. She has never thought the world owes her anything. Something which her peers from both branded and non branded schools seem to be bogged down with.
    how many of such people are around in the society? yes they exist, but lets face up. not everyone has such a resolute

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    how many of such people are around in the society? yes they exist, but lets face up. not everyone has such a resolute
    I'm facing it all the time. Whenever I realise my own inadequacies in my own pursuits in my career, I do not find the next best excuse to blame. Like how the "elite" has everything in life easier than me. I know the challenges they face. And how being 'elite' can break them should they falter.

At the same time, I look at this friend of mine and I know, for a fact, that if I had her resolve, there's nothing stopping me from achieving what I can achieve. I might be 10 years behind her to play catch up, but being inspired by someone 10 years younger than I am is definitely a more pleasant and motivating feeling than the despondent me who felt sorry about myself and my place in society.

Everyone can make themself 'branded'. It'll be all too convenient to say, 'how many of such people are around in the society?" Not many? Then I'll try to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post

She is branded.

Do you want yr child to be branded or do you want yr child to be normal... the choice is yours.

But society doesnt look it that way... everyone one to be at the apex.. but there is only one..sob! sob!

Now it becomes a norm to rush to branded school and when they cannot into the school, they show disappointment, they cried ... and this give additional pressure to the kid..

So poor kid... don't blame yr parents, they meant you good... dont blame the society, they provide you with 'healthy' competition

sob! sob!

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    It is called branded good so they are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    So get yourself branded. When you are branded, the head of the school look for you. You dont have to worry.... dont forget, there are also many who are in branded school and come out 'unbranded' so what are we going to do?
    ????? got head of school looking for studens one meh? Any examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

This round I dont agree with you...

Not Nikon.. or Canon.. let's name it 'Clubsnap Pr Sch"......

so much negativity.

nobody is belittling the importance of good parrenting.... neither is anyone saying that going to a good school will make or break a child's life...

what MOST people is saying is getting into a good school will HELP a child in his/her future. That is it. Neither is anyone saying that if you go to a normal school, you are a goner.

Ya we know we know, there is this ABC who when to kampong school and succeeded later in life. But am I going to send my kid to the kampong school where 99 other kids did not really "make it"? NO.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ????? got head of school looking for studens one meh? Any examples?

If and when you are branded!! They obviously want you to be in their schools.. when you shine, the school shines too!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast