Thread: Canon Warranty Question

Default Canon Warranty Question

Hi,

I have brought a lens from the BNS section. realize I was only given a int warranty card but no receipt. The seller told me that Canon Service Center do not required receipt and I believed him.

Later, I call up Canon Service Center twice with different CS officers. They give me the same reply is that the Int Warranty must come with receipt from the origin country.

So now I have pay for a lens without any warranty. Or is there anything I can do? or is Canon Service Center really that strict with receipt?

Thanks

Default Re: Canon Warranty Question

Quote Originally Posted by lim1974 View Post
    Hi,

I have brought a lens from the BNS section. realize I was only given a int warranty card but no receipt. The seller told me that Canon Service Center do not required receipt and I believed him.

Later, I call up Canon Service Center twice with different CS officers. They give me the same reply is that the Int Warranty must come with receipt from the origin country.

So now I have pay for a lens without any warranty. Or is there anything I can do? or is Canon Service Center really that strict with receipt?

Thanks

Yes, they need your reciept in order for a valid warranty.

Default Re: Canon Warranty Question

Quote Originally Posted by lim1974 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    else how they know whether ur set is a grey / stolen set or not? say if ur lens was bought for 4 yrs, and u try to claim warranty?