Thread: Boundary

Default Boundary

Hi,

I just got my S3 IS and this is from the first patch of the photos I took recently.

Only resize and add in the border, shadow & signature.

As I am very new (in fact, virgin attempt) in photography, comments & critism are very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Jay

Shot with Canon PowerShot S3 IS at 2007-07-14
    Last edited by Killer_Jay; 15th July 2007 at 12:06 AM.

Default Re: Boundary

very strong statement in the reds, but it is effective as a framing element only. IT begs a subject. I dont think the post is engaging enough as a subject.

it may help but not nec save the picture if your post is not centred but more to the left and without cutting that big ship in the background, for altho its OOF it is still distracting being cut up.

alternative if indeed the post is what you want to say - for whatever reasons - then maybe a portrait forrmat, and some fill in flash to lift the shadows.

Default Re: Boundary

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    very strong statement in the reds, but it is effective as a framing element only. IT begs a subject. I dont think the post is engaging enough as a subject.

it may help but not nec save the picture if your post is not centred but more to the left and without cutting that big ship in the background, for altho its OOF it is still distracting being cut up.

alternative if indeed the post is what you want to say - for whatever reasons - then maybe a portrait forrmat, and some fill in flash to lift the shadows.
    bro espion,

thank you so much for your comments. really appreciate it, i waited 14 hours for it.

to be hornest, i was just shooting away without having anything in mind. and when i go through the photos, this 1 stand out. the rest are really yucks.

will bear wat u said in mind.

thank you.

jay