Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

  1. #1

    Default Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    when the new leopard comes out, will it be too "leychey" to change the OS ?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    It might be, if you are going to install lots of stuff before the launch. Wait for a few months and it will be worth your while. You might have to fork out more money to buy the OS too.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    The iMac should be revised within a few weeks so it might not be a good time to buy.

    Leopard will be out in October, if things go right.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    The iMac should be revised within a few weeks so it might not be a good time to buy.

    Leopard will be out in October, if things go right.
    till now everything seems to be rumours. nothing concrete as of now. os is "supposed" to be launch in oct. den again, seems like it may be delayed as wat happened to iphone and apple tv. my guess is year end nearer christmas or perhaps early jan.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    thats sad to hear

  6. #6
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    why the impulse ? good things come to those who wait.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    why the impulse ? good things come to those who wait.
    Feel like having a Laptop(for fun?) and an I/mac book seems to be the right choice

  8. #8

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    wait till Leopard is out.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post


    Feel like having a Laptop(for fun?) and an I/mac book seems to be the right choice
    well, imac is a desktop...laptops would be macbook or the macbook pro. get the macbook if u need one now. get the leopard when it reachs 10.5.3/4. thats my advice

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by tan131 View Post
    till now everything seems to be rumours. nothing concrete as of now. os is "supposed" to be launch in oct. den again, seems like it may be delayed as wat happened to iphone and apple tv. my guess is year end nearer christmas or perhaps early jan.
    Apple announced that Leopard would be available in October, so it's very, very likely that will happen, even if it is 31 October. They delayed it so that iPhone would launch on time.

    I'm not sure what you think happened to iPhone but it wasn't delayed. Some people had been claiming an Apple phone since 2004 but they weren't even working on one then.

  11. #11
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Actually just got my family an iMac a week ago. As a long time Mac user, my buying cycle has always been towards the end of the OS cycle. I favour stability of the OS over being an early adopter of new software where the bugs may not be fully ironed out.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    thinking of getting a macbook to play play.... but also abit the late right?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    thinking of getting a macbook to play play.... but also abit the late right?
    Why is it late?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    thinking of getting a macbook to play play.... but also abit the late right?
    Better late than never.

    The waiting game never ends. You can wait and wait for newer technology and eventually get nothing.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by waiyean View Post
    Why is it late?
    buy le than later leopard come out....than my macbook pro become "old" le

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    leopard due in oct 2007

    source apple singapore

    and normally during the last quarter of the year there will be product update and/or sales
    to catch the xmas buying fever

    so it is up to you, oct is just 3 months away
    if you can't wait, i can sell you my powerbook g4 to play with

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    thinking of getting a macbook to play play.... but also abit the late right?
    Not late since the MacBook line was just updated.

    I still keep hearing that there is a big revision due, but there is some other machine due out before that.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Not late since the MacBook line was just updated.

    I still keep hearing that there is a big revision due, but there is some other machine due out before that.
    Yeah... I just got the new MacBook Pro. The LED screen is brighter, and use less power... cool. Rumour is that the next big revision is for the iMac series, and that it will be out on 7th Aug.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    leopard due in oct 2007

    source apple singapore

    and normally during the last quarter of the year there will be product update and/or sales
    to catch the xmas buying fever

    so it is up to you, oct is just 3 months away
    if you can't wait, i can sell you my powerbook g4 to play with
    If leopard is released in Oct, will Singapore get it in Oct or have to wait till few months after Oct?

  20. #20
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

    sometimes the CDs are manufactured in Singapore
    so we just might get it at the same time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •