Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Gitzo?

Default Re: Why Gitzo?

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    For me, I used several Gitzo tripods and later got a Benro CF (because I can't afford a Gitzo CF). The feeling is the same, Benro tried to make it look like a Gitzo, but it's far from one. Gitzo is rock solid and gives a real sturdy feel. The Benro flexes a little and doesn't feel as solid. Having said that, the Benro is very decent and useable, so for the price and weight, I'm not complaining.

I just wanted something lighter than the Gitzos I have for lighter travelling. But for serious work, I would still use a Gitzo or Manfrotto.

Well said.

Benro is 'good enough' for many things. How much is good enough, and for what things? Only you can decide....

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Kirin View Post
    I own a Benro KS-2. Regretted for trusting a China made product!
    I have tried out with Canon 500mm F4.5 and 1D Mark II with SideKick (I owned these items before I get the 600mm) on the KS-2 and don't have much problem. The side kick is resting at the slot of the ball head, and will give you the "Z" direction movement and the ball head will give you X, and Y movements (X, Y, Z directions are as if you are looking from the top.) So as for ball head, only the base is turning, there is not ball movement/position changes are required. Correct me if I am wrong as this is only my personnel experience.

As the same time, feel free to contact us if your Benro Ball Head got any problem. Just make a call at 93880029. The same as for all other Benro users, just contact us if you face any issue / problems by using the product.

Last but not lease, I would like to say thank you to everyone here to share their views / comments, and expecially the Benro users. We are looking forward to serve you better.
    BENPHOTO @ Peninsula Shopping Ctr #01-17 (S)179804 (Mon-Sat 12-8pm, Sun 1-6pm) Tel:+65-63364129

jack, nothing personal ...

The way I figure out my tripod cost over the years, the first Bogen (Manfrotto) I bought long time ago, is about 1/2 the combined price of the 4 other thrid party brands I bought in years before and after, all 4 had since passed on, may they rest in peace. That first Bogen is still going strong. I still use it even I got myself a new Manfrotto recently!

I have no experience with Benro, but based on what I read on the web, it's another third party brand, and priced like a third party brand. Question is, why should I trust it to last longer than all the third party brands out there?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

upppppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I have no experience with Benro, but based on what I read on the web, it's another third party brand, and priced like a third party brand. Question is, why should I trust it to last longer than all the third party brands out there?
    third party? so you're using a gitzo camera?

just kidding

i've always wanted a gitzo, but i don't use my tripod often enough to justify a switch. my feisol will just have to do for now. doesn't have the "quality" feel, but it's light and sturdy enough for my purposes. maybe one day... $$$$$

*edit* huh who go and up this sleeping thread?

Blog Entries

Thread close before it become a commercial advert thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12