Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC cannot eat liao!!

Default Re: KFC cannot eat liao!!

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post
    Theres a easy solution to all these "shrinking quantity, escalating price" problem...spend your money someplace else where food tastes like food (not sh!t). These fast food outlets can get away with murder because silly Singaporeans keep patronizing them.

LardDonalds, Kentucky Fart Chicken, Peeza Hut, Bargirl King etc wouldn't dare shrink portions and raise prices if Singaporeans just learn to boycott them. Its the same with every other business.
    Exactly! You're the consumer with the money to spend and you have the power. You want to send a message that what's happening is unacceptable then stop giving them your $$$. Honestly its amazing to see how society doesn't realize that it doesn't have to put up with shoddy merchandise from a manufacturer especially if there's ample competition in the market place. Go spend you $ with a hawker stall's fried chicken coz its more well spent and the quality is better for the amount that you pay as well. $2.60 for a piece of chicken at KFC is practically daylight robbery!

i think you should be aware that KFC outlets have very different QC. There are only some outlets that are ok. Of course price increases are absolutely bogus, and you should vote with your feet, but in case you need some good KFC, the kallang & tiong bahru KFC are ok. The best being Kallang. The hougang outlets suck.

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    i think you should be aware that KFC outlets have very different QC. There are only some outlets that are ok. Of course price increases are absolutely bogus, and you should vote with your feet, but in case you need some good KFC, the kallang & tiong bahru KFC are ok. The best being Kallang. The hougang outlets suck.
    If that's the case then all the more their management needs to work towards consistancy. Its the same name regardless of location therefore i expect the same quality as well. Having inconsistant quality across locations will only serve to damage the equity their brand have spent years to build. Besides previously kfc raised prices stating that bird flu caused chicken prices to rise. Sometime later the supply of birds has normalized but the prices have remained up while quality and even size of servings have dipped...this is just corporate greed at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    Honestly its amazing to see how society doesn't realize that it doesn't have to put up with shoddy merchandise from a manufacturer especially if there's ample competition in the market place. Go spend you $ with a hawker stall's fried chicken coz its more well spent and the quality is better for the amount that you pay as well. $2.60 for a piece of chicken at KFC is practically daylight robbery!
    The same $7-8 spend on crap at LardDonalds, KFC etc. can get much tastier and nutritious food at hawker centres.

Its good to be in business selling overhyped crap to silly Singaporeans. Nowhere else in the world will you find such tolerant, helpless (and hopeless) peons who will pay without question and succumb to your every move to maximize profits (shrink portions, raise prices, reduce quality, etc).

Look at Carl's Jr in Marina Sq... Its just a crappy everyday-burger joint in the US that isn't even popular... (Jack In The Box, In and Out are more popular and better by far) but here its being promoted like some burger from heaven (with heavenly prices that is even higher than in US)

My mother's food the best!!!

The same $7-8 spend on crap at LardDonalds, KFC etc. can get much tastier and nutritious food at hawker centres.

Its good to be in business selling overhyped crap to silly Singaporeans. Nowhere else in the world will you find such tolerant, helpless (and hopeless) peons who will pay without question and succumb to your every move to maximize profits (shrink portions, raise prices, reduce quality, etc).

Look at Carl's Jr in Marina Sq... Its just a crappy everyday-burger joint in the US that isn't even popular... (Jack In The Box, In and Out are more popular and better by far) but here its being promoted like some burger from heaven (with heavenly prices that is even higher than in US)
    speaking about carl jr's, its well known in the us for its unsanitary conditions and how filthy the kitchen is. The first time i had hardee's (its called that in different states but its all the same organization) i had food poisioning!

and this part:

I agree wholeheartedly.

If that's the case then all the more their management needs to work towards consistancy. Its the same name regardless of location therefore i expect the same quality as well. Having inconsistant quality across locations will only serve to damage the equity their brand have spent years to build. Besides previously kfc raised prices stating that bird flu caused chicken prices to rise. Sometime later the supply of birds has normalized but the prices have remained up while quality and even size of servings have dipped...this is just corporate greed at its finest.
    cheese fries... I remember it as $2.50, then $2.75.... now $3.
    whipped potato also increased alot from 10 years ago.

Actually it's happening almost everywhere in the world. It's your right as a consumer to not buy something you don't like or want so you don't create demand. No one is forcing you to patronize the fast food giants.

By the way, you don't use 'succumb' like that.

So you fly to the US every time you feel like eating a burger? Surely you aren't suggesting that Singaporeans should be doing that.

Or perhaps for some odd reason you think Singaporeans are at fault for In-N-Out and Jack In The Box not setting up shop here? Seriously dude.

i have the same experience.. i was wondering if it was cooked hours ago...

FYI: KFC's not the fast food giant it used to be, its been losing ground to its competitors for years especially in the US. The strange part is that i've noticed that it still seems to be big here, everytime i walk by a KFC its crowded, but then again the same could be said about MacD's. Same goes for Carl's and Long John Silvers with regards to the fast food giant term.

I've also found it odd that Wendy's isn't in the region seeing as how they're the #2 fast food joint in the world.
    Last edited by garou12; 15th July 2007 at 05:02 PM.

I would prefer to eat fried chicken at Arnold Fried Chicken at City Plaza. Try their spring chicken
    Last edited by megaweb; 15th July 2007 at 06:07 PM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I would prefer to eat fried chicken at Arnold Fried Chicken at City Plaza. Try their spring chicken
    1-10 how good?

1-10 how good?
    If I rate KFC 4/10 , Arnold one should be 7 to 8 /10.

Why good ?
    - their chicken has less fat
    - hot at the City Plaza Outlet ( dun recommend take away )
    - spring chicken , worth eating
    - I like their chilli too
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    So you fly to the US every time you feel like eating a burger? Surely you aren't suggesting that Singaporeans should be doing that.

Or perhaps for some odd reason you think Singaporeans are at fault for In-N-Out and Jack In The Box not setting up shop here? Seriously dude.
    I'll eat a burger when I see a real burger, I just don't see any here.

You're reading my post the wrong way, whats it got to do with I/O or JITB. All I said was you can push any kind of crap here and there will still be silly Singaporeans who will lap it all up, CJ was another example.

oooohhh.... arnolds'.... they good... arnold's outing???

If I rate KFC 4/10 , Arnold one should be 7 to 8 /10.

Why good ?
    - their chicken has less fat
    - hot at the City Plaza Outlet ( dun recommend take away )
    - spring chicken , worth eating
    - I like their chilli too
    hmmm makes me want to try...where exactly in city plaza is it? I remember a long time ago they had an A&W there...i miss A&W's jumbo chicken...big plus juicy...but if you've been to Canada A&W's chubby chicken blows KFC out of the water Have to say though the hot and crispy chicken from the KFC here and Malaysia are 1000xs better than America's....here they use chili powder so you can really taste the spice. The us they use black pepper...no taste no kick...But i found that their original receipe tastes better there than here.
    Last edited by garou12; 15th July 2007 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    The crowd at Popeyes has always been good.
    Oh, so I see now.

lol should do a list here of where sell good fried chicken...share the info so we can all enjoy and make a statement to kfc

I'll start the list:
    1.Popeye's
    2. Arnold's at City Plaza
    3. My recommandation: PArkway parade hawker centre has a western food stall called tip top western food. The fried wings there are pretty good been enjoying for over 10 years

Theres a easy solution to all these "shrinking quantity, escalating price" problem...spend your money someplace else where food tastes like food (not sh!t). These fast food outlets can get away with murder because silly Singaporeans keep patronizing them.

LardDonalds, Kentucky Fart Chicken, Peeza Hut, Bargirl King etc wouldn't dare shrink portions and raise prices if Singaporeans just learn to boycott them. Its the same with every other business.
    haha.. Bargirl King...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Look at the queue at Popeye's Chicken & Biscuit at Terminal 1 last night.

Never seen this size of a crowd before! Was it as a result of this thread?
    yes, they are very nice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast