Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: MINDEF takes PM Lee's son to task for contravening orders

Default Re: MINDEF takes PM Lee's son to task for contravening orders

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    The inaneness has gone on for quite some pages, I think it was still ok around page 3 or so.
    Well, after awhile, it just became banal, pointless and the repeated flogging of a subject that is moot. I find it amusing when we have people who go on and on and on over this particular topic about how unfair life or the system is.

Its one to complain and then do something about it. Its another to sit there, shake your fist at the world and hope for things to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Well, after awhile, it just became banal, pointless and the repeated flogging of a subject that is moot. I find it amusing when we have people who go on and on and on over this particular topic about how unfair life or the system is.

Its one to complain and then do something about it. Its another to sit there, shake your fist at the world and hope for things to change.
    The problem is sometimes it is complaining for the sake of complaining, not because they truly have a cause that they believe in.

If you see the last few pages it has severely degenerated into a discussion whereby a originally serious topic is dragged to death painfully and erupts into some sort of lemming-style joke-telling competition to see whose jokes are more lame. Which is fine at times, I guess, where appropriate. This being the Internet though, everyone thinks that they do not have to take responsibility for statements they make.

Not even shaking the fist at the world.. More like pulling down one's pants and excreting all over the 4 walls just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post

I tot i in Kopitiam, where we do banal talking.

So you are commenting in your own capacity or as a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post

Kopitiam Informal, irreverent coffeeshop chat (with limits, of course).

How would you like it if I started a thread about YOU and made all sorts of accusations, which unfortunately, you are not allowed to participate in?

The problem is sometimes it is complaining for the sake of complaining, not because they truly have a cause that they believe in.

If you see the last few pages it has severely degenerated into a discussion whereby a originally serious topic is dragged to death painfully and erupts into some sort of lemming-style joke-telling competition to see whose jokes are more lame. Which is fine at times, I guess, where appropriate. This being the Internet though, everyone thinks that they do not have to take responsibility for statements they make.

Not even shaking the fist at the world.. More like pulling down one's pants and excreting all over the 4 walls just for fun.
    I also see you always complaining about others' complaint leh.
    By the way, which post in this thread did you see poeple complaining?

Kopitiam Informal, irreverent coffeeshop chat (with limits, of course).

How would you like it if I started a thread about YOU and made all sorts of accusations, which unfortunately, you are not allowed to participate in?
    So everytime we start a thread must we invite the party invloved into the Informal, irreverent coffeeshop chat?

I also see you always complaining about others' complaint leh.
    By the way, which post in this thread did you see poeple complaining?
    So everytime we start a thread must we invite the party invloved into the Informal, irreverent coffeeshop chat?
    Ha, well it takes one to know another; it started off as complaining, now it's just bored mudslinging.

About invitations, I did mention that going overboard is a key issue here. I am sure that if you were a father, you would not want your son to receive flak over any issue big and small just simply because he was your son. Simply put.

But of course, maturity is lacking here, you may not see my point, only your muddled ideas which serve to do nothing but introduce mischief and inane talk in these forums.

Ha, well it takes one to know another; it started off as complaining, now it's just bored mudslinging.

About invitations, I did mention that going overboard is a key issue here. I am sure that if you were a father, you would not want your son to receive flak over any issue big and small just simply because he was your son. Simply put.

But of course, maturity is lacking here, you may not see my point, only your muddled ideas which serve to do nothing but introduce mischief and inane talk in these forums.
    When you say maturity is lacking here, I do not know how mature is this Banana Man.

You say my ideas are muddled, I do not know how muddled is yours when you say this thread started off as complaining. I spend some time going through the posts and couldn't find a complain post except for yours, Post #159, 162 and 167.
    Maybe you can point to me others post that has the intend of complaining.

Hitting out at others for no obvious reasons but to feed one's ego also demonstrate one's childishness.
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 17th July 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Yes, very true and to paraphrase a famous writer, some are more banal than the others. Most have got the hint and have decided to let this topic go. Meanwhile, we have you who insist that it is their birth right to say what they want, shoot their mouth off and go on and on and on, posting rheotoric which are quite plain to see, pointless.

At this point in time while answering to your question, it is the one and the same.

You see, you have been putting your point across very strongly and you have been making statements and insinuations that I find absurd, so I think it would be safe for me to close this thread to archive it. I am very sure your conviction and your belief in the truth will carry you forward.

I see it the other way. I feel that Lta Li background has everything to do with the outcome.

I believe during our Army days, especially during our BMT, we suffered alot of injustices and we can support the allegations with solid evidences.
    When We complained to OO, result is endless guard duty, I even have backlog when POP.

I do not think it is a simple letter of complaint. His letter is proof read by the father and seconded by grandfather. Look at his statement, he "issue" the complain letter instead of filing or lodging a complaint.

In his letter, it seems that he has already predetermined the punishment for those who cover up for the officer. Did you notice how Li's letter covers all the escape routes of his opponents, that's the trade mark of his grandfather.

I serious believe that, if I were the one who wrote exactly the same letter, it would not have that kind of impact. The letter will be redirected to my OC and I will be in deeper trouble.

Nothing is fair and square in a society.
    The only fair thing in this world is that everyone has 24 hrs a day.
    Wrong!!!!

The proper channel is

Chief of Army reports to Chief of Defence.
    Chief of Defence reports to PM.
    PM reports to MM.
    MM loves his grandson.
    I certainly do hope you have all the solid evidence you say you have.

Have a good week ahead.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789