Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wii

Default Re: Wii

when i bought mine, they told me 3months only leh.. i bought mine during may-june period

Any new updates on pricing?

Where did you get yours from? I bought mine in May and I got 1 year warranty. It even says so on the warranty card.

Anyway, what i heard is that the sets are region locked and the "friendly" mod doesn't solve this. So the Jap set, even after being modded, can only play jap games. No mod for the local/US set last i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Anyone know where can get the cheapest Wii? Being looking ard, but all seem very expensive at ard $630-$650 for a local set with a lousy game. For those Wii owners, any regrets?
    wii is great for party games....
    its tiring...
    not for those who likes games with split second response..
    as the wireless controller seems to have lag time..

Mine is a US set bought locally...i think it's down to 550+ now that the local set is available.
    In Japan, the Wii outsells the PS3 by 3:1. PS3 in Japan is abt 1mil+ whereas Wii is abt 3m+.
    No regrets...great workout for those who prefer to sweat it out indoors and head straight to the bathroom.

After an hour, muscle aches all over.....
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    No regrets...great workout for those who prefer to sweat it out indoors and head straight to the bathroom.

After an hour, muscle aches all over.....
    Hee Hee~! Wait till Wii Fitness come out...

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    Where did you get yours from? I bought mine in May and I got 1 year warranty. It even says so on the warranty card.

Anyway, what i heard is that the sets are region locked and the "friendly" mod doesn't solve this. So the Jap set, even after being modded, can only play jap games. No mod for the local/US set last i heard.
    not true, my local set (which is us set with a local adapter) is able to play both jap and us games. while my cousin set which is jap set is able to play english games as well. and there are modded us set, local sets usually are not mod, you have to buy them then bring to others to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by w3ish3ng View Post
    not true, my local set (which is us set with a local adapter) is able to play both jap and us games. while my cousin set which is jap set is able to play english games as well. and there are modded us set, local sets usually are not mod, you have to buy them then bring to others to mod.
    That would be great but price still quite steep for local set. I wonder if it will drop after the official launch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12