Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Do we have enough blood in our hospitals?

Default Re: Do we have enough blood in our hospitals?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    End of the day..... all the talking here amounts to nothing... so I find it so strange you have certain individuals who are really keen to push the official media's version down everyone's throat and defending the hospital. It seems more like this individuals are trying so hard to convince everyone to just forget about the matter and move on. A case of the rumoured undercover counter anti party task force at work?

I would say let's just wait for the investigation and be wary of what the news says. Anyway we all know and in case new readers dont know. Our press is not exactly free.... it is state regulated and it reports only pro state reports. At the 16th Asian Media Information and Communication Centre Annual Conference, the SPH's editor in chief said this infamous lines " Willingly played a nation building role" and makes no apologies for being pro Singappre. Basically SPH is not neutral and will report news to put the government in good light.

Centuryegg, if you have a problem with the issues, deal with the issues. Don't make some half-baked insinuation about where I am coming from.
    Last edited by dkw; 12th July 2007 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    My friend, this is exactly the point I am trying to make. Nobody knows what has transpired. I know from some experience, how in the emotional heat of a medical emergency, information gets miscommunicated and perceptions are altered. Please don't take the husband's word as gospel. I am not saying he is lying, I am saying that in his anxiety, he may not have understood what was going and percieved things incorrectly. Believe me, happens all the time. If you read the news report, the blood bank lady has already said there IS NO QUOTA. Why is it so difficult to give the benefit of the doubt and believe that?

As for your point about replenishment, no, it is not so easy, and it may not even be relevant to this case. She has already had more than 100 units, and was already suffering from a transfusion reaction. See my other posts.

Please don't pre-judge.
    what made me or most of us believe was, he was told that his wife had hit the quota and
    he need to replenish b4 the next available blood is released. who would gather 200 frens and
    relatives for blood donation at the height when his wife is dying if it is not true?

what about refused entry to blood bank even with 200 donors outside the premises begging
    entry in view of emergency?

one lead to another. if not of the quota statement from the hospital, he would not have
    gone to the blood bank. i dont think i understood it wrongly.

well, the spokeswoman from the blood bank? no quota from blood bank doesn't mean the
    hospital did not says that. there is possibility that the hospital mentioned that to the
    deceased husband and thus lead to the 200 donors at blood bank. sorry to say, this is the
    time everybody is covering their ass.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    what made me or most of us believe was, he was told that his wife had hit the quota and
    he need to replenish b4 the next available blood is released. who would gather 200 frens and
    relatives for blood donation at the height when his wife is dying if it is not true?

what about refused entry to blood bank even with 200 donors outside the premises begging
    entry in view of emergency?

one lead to another. if not of the quota statement from the hospital, he would not have
    gone to the blood bank. i dont think i understood it wrongly.

well, the spokeswoman from the blood bank? no quota from blood bank doesn't mean the
    hospital did not says that. there is possibility that the hospital mentioned that to the
    deceased husband and thus lead to the 200 donors at blood bank. sorry to say, this is the
    time everybody is covering their ass.
    Its possible they made the wrong mental association, linking an encouraged voluntary donation as a condition for further blood release. Unfortunately the lady died and cemented that impression.

No one is making any accusations... I didnt even mention any names.... so if you are not why get all so worked up? Relax..... Unless opps u mean you are what I say those individuals are?

blood bank no money to buy freezer?
    even sperm can store up to 100 years, blood cannot?
    for the past 1 mth, no one donated blood?
    Will u drink a packet of milk that has been put inside a freezer for 10 years? Use a bit of common sense lah.. Everything also got shelf life lah..

Sigh.. It seems like common sense is becoming more and more uncommon nowadays.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    I trained as a combat medic in the Army. I was taught to do whatever necessary to save the life of a casualty in front of me. If the soldier needs three bandages, I was told to give three bandages. If he needs infusion, give infusion. If he needs morphine, give morphine. Etc.

I can't give only one bandage when he needs three, simply because there might be other casualties down the line that I don't know about. I can't have a quota of bandages per soldier. I do whatever it takes because that is the only way to save a life. It may be that there could be more casualties in front, but I don't know that. What I do know is that if I stint on this casualty, if I impose a "quota", he may very well die.

I think the hospital forgot this. Or the blood bank. Or whomever.
    If you are a combat medic please let me know who you are in times of war, I will run far far away from you, or ask for unit transfer.

Talk is easy; in times of war you see death, you see near death you see simple injuries. Imagine if you are there, your whole unit is there, you see someone with a lot of third-degree burns first, so you spend 3 hours bandaging him up carefully, use all your supplies on him.

Then you look up, eh, everyone else who could have been saved was DEAD! YAY!! Even the guy with his hand blown off, you just needed to apply a tornique and he would have survived, but you were carrying out your idealistic dream of SAVE EVERYONE EQUALLY.

Then 5 minutes later, the guy in your hands, whom you have "saved" sighs and dies.

Ok let's not be so out of point, let's just say you use most of your supplies only, the other soldiers still survive.. But you don't have enough for them, so what you do, start unwrapping the third degree burn guy's wounds and reuse the bandage on them? =) =) =)

Combat medic of the year award.
    Last edited by night86mare; 12th July 2007 at 03:16 PM.

End of the day..... all the talking here amounts to nothing... so I find it so strange you have certain individuals who are really keen to push the official media's version down everyone's throat and defending the hospital. It seems more like this individuals are trying so hard to convince everyone to just forget about the matter and move on. A case of the rumoured undercover counter anti party task force at work?
    Ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem!

I have heard rumours of the undercover counter anti-anti-party task force at work.

You must be one of them, please let us know which org you are affiliated to!

"Do unto others what you would have others do unto you."
    "If you can't beat them your way, use their way."
    Last edited by night86mare; 12th July 2007 at 03:22 PM.

if they are really seriously with the stock level, alternative policy should be implemented
    now b4 even the next casualty came out. they are paid to do all the thinking and not sitting
    there and wait for solution. they cant tell the next patient that "hey bro, sorry no blood
    in blood bank, take a Q number and wait for our call at home."

pay donor for blood. that is what our govt believes. only money can bring in the best ppl.
    Pay donors for blood? It's a donation leh.. Do u ask for money in return when u donate money??

Furthermore what kind of people will u attract? Mostly the desperate ones like drug addicts.. And will u want to take their blood? And when donors are paid, who will bear the cost? U??
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

if they are really seriously with the stock level, alternative policy should be implemented
    now b4 even the next casualty came out. they are paid to do all the thinking and not sitting
    there and wait for solution. they cant tell the next patient that "hey bro, sorry no blood
    in blood bank, take a Q number and wait for our call at home."

pay donor for blood. that is what our govt believes. only money can bring in the best ppl.
    There are many reasons why paying for blood donation is a BAAAD idea. Google is your friend, use it to inform yourself and find out why.

Thread is now closed due as it is getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    How to close thread? =(

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem!

I have heard rumours of the undercover counter anti-anti-party task force at work.

You must be one of them, please let us know which org you are affiliated to!

"Do unto others what you would have others do unto you."
    "If you can't beat them your way, use their way."
    Haha oh no I am not related to anyone... I just find it funny how come some here are so eager to defend HSA.... never saw such heated defence before... if I didnt know better, I would have thought that it is the health minister himself here.

Haha oh no I am not related to anyone... I just find it funny how come some here are so eager to defend HSA.... never saw such heated defence before... if I didnt know better, I would have thought that it is the health minister himself here.
    Haiz, fun what.

If not Kopitiam post news only, all agree, where got fun? =)

Won't waste my bandages on you then.

If you are a combat medic please let me know who you are in times of war, I will run far far away from you, or ask for unit transfer.

Combat medic of the year award.

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    Won't waste my bandages on you then.

No, but the root of the problem lies with the shortage of blood and blood quotas is it not?
    How can you be so sure about the root cause? Are you there?

No lah, don't need to defend govt bodies lah. Fair or not, just hantam. Don't need to hear their side, as long as there is some sobbing person on TV, cursing the bureaucracy, gahmen MUST definitely be wrong, correct?

I see a gross unfairness here, knee jerk anti-establishment postings from folk who have no understanding of the situation or the system. I have stated before, I have children who will soon be on the internet, I hope they will be able to see the issues for what they are and not through these ill-informed rantings.

Is that SO HARD to understand?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    No lah, don't need to defend govt bodies lah. Fair or not, just hantam. Don't need to hear their side, as long as there is some sobbing person on TV, cursing the bureaucracy, gahmen MUST definitely be wrong, correct?

I see a gross unfairness here, knee jerk anti-establishment postings from folk who have no understanding of the situation or the system. I have stated before, I have children who will soon be on the internet, I hope they will be able to see the issues for what they are and not through these ill-informed rantings.

Is that SO HARD to understand?

It is of course very hard. But is is definitely very easy to be part of the the lynching mob

Hey people, why write so many about this issue in Clubsnap thread ? will your writings improve any or create any impact to it ? maybe it does create awareness in some..

However, if u really want to be heard or raise it as an issue of concern, write to Straits Times, Mediacorp, MOH or even talk to your MP in the " Meet The People " session .

Don't u think this is better ?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast