Thread: Panning Shot of Boat

Default Panning Shot of Boat

Newbie here, hoping to get you comments to improve on my shots thanks in advance

Default Re: Panning Shot of Boat

please include a short writeup for your picture as per guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273376

thanks.

Mmm... Nice try. But it still doesn't cut it as a good panning shot. There is still a lack of sharpness in the subject (unless you had deliberately induced it)

I like how you placed the boat near the bottom of the frame Would have been nicer without the white boat in the frame though.

the pic seems very OOF for me....
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

I shot this at clark Quay at around 7 pm. I saw a picture from a from a website of panning shots. I want to imitate them so I looked for a slower subject thus theses boats. How do I improve f0cus and h0w t make the s0rr0unding m0re blur

My settings were
    Aperture = 5.6
    Shutter = 1/10
    Focal = 45 mm
    Exp0sure 0.00

What setting should I change in the settings?

In this case, turning on all the bells and whistles for your camera's AF tracking mode would help. Panning with a tripod (or monopod) would be another helpful factor in ensuring critical sharpness...

Shutter speeds are quite subjective... depending on user's skill level and also the relative speed of the moving subject...