Thread: QTM for me ?

Default QTM for me ?

i have been using batteries to power my flashes for so many years now... and as assignment grows i am still using batteries because it can power up other devices in my home when i am not shooting.

i do not hope to bleed too much on a new investment.

but i have the following flashes to power.

2X 550EX
    3X SB800

usually, its only 1 550ex and 1 sb800 in action. the rest is all backup. both flashes drink up the batteries like drinking coke.

so i am wondering which qtm module besides the 2x2 and the few latest one... which other qtm batteries can power both canon and nikon systems.

and of course.. i strongly welcome suggestions to other brands.... besides qtm, because its going to make me bleed and after my purchase of my 70-200...

many thanks in advance...

Blog Entries

Default Re: QTM for me ?

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    i have been using batteries to power my flashes for so many years now... and as assignment grows i am still using batteries because it can power up other devices in my home when i am not shooting.

i do not hope to bleed too much on a new investment.

but i have the following flashes to power.

2X 550EX
    3X SB800

usually, its only 1 550ex and 1 sb800 in action. the rest is all backup. both flashes drink up the batteries like drinking coke.

so i am wondering which qtm module besides the 2x2 and the few latest one... which other qtm batteries can power both canon and nikon systems.

and of course.. i strongly welcome suggestions to other brands.... besides qtm, because its going to make me bleed and after my purchase of my 70-200...

many thanks in advance...
    u need to get 1 quantum batt plus the corresponding cables for ur flashes. there are other alternatives on bhphotovideo, IIRC. just dat for SG here, it's either quantum or DIY.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u need to get 1 quantum batt plus the corresponding cables for ur flashes. there are other alternatives on bhphotovideo, IIRC. just dat for SG here, it's either quantum or DIY.
    thanks for your reply nightwolf,

went to the website already thou... BH still sells quite alot of qtm products.

DIY ? sounds interesting... problem is... "safe for flash?" i've heard that some batteries will cause the flashes to go dead faster because of the discharge rate.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    thanks for your reply nightwolf,

went to the website already thou... BH still sells quite alot of qtm products.

DIY ? sounds interesting... problem is... "safe for flash?" i've heard that some batteries will cause the flashes to go dead faster because of the discharge rate.
    not the speedlights, but I reckon it'll be the bulbs blowing!
    Power without control is reckless!