Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share your experience when you wear a journalist vest....

Default Re: Share your experience when you wear a journalist vest....

Well, in the US, vest or no vest didn't matter as my press pass had to be displayed at all times.

I have my old vest with me, and nw when I wear it in SG... You can guess.
    Overseas nobody cares about you.

have anyone used this before?

PPCP vest

http://www.perfectpixelcameraparts.c...d&productId=23

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    have anyone used this before?

PPCP vest

http://www.perfectpixelcameraparts.c...d&productId=23
    The PPCP vest looks nice. Anyone owns it?

Hey! Where can I get this vest? I simply loves pockets.....can put many many things Do CP carry photog vest?
    Last edited by Lightworkz; 20th July 2007 at 08:00 AM.

Yeah, looks good. And cheap too. Not sure if it can be machine washed and wish it came in lighter shades - light gray or beige color would be nice.
    For Singapore weather, its preferable to have a pure cotton material, otherwise will get cooked inside it - like a potato in a jacket
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Blog Entries

I wear a photo vest when only covering events assignments, cos I just do not like to carry a bag around. Typically, I would be carrying a 70-200f2.8, 12-24f4, quantum turbo 2x2, spare batteries, card and small items in the vest. Out of the vest will be the cameras with the other lenses and flashes.

I used to wear the Nikon vest and later decided to get one without brand and have my company name and logo sewn on (why advertise for Nikon when you can be your own walking advertisement)

After the initial few times your body will get used to the vest, I actually do not find it too hot. Probably most of the time my assignments are in hotels or airconditioned areas.

I always wanted the Domke vest. But one day I was tempted over by "PK Chan" the distributor of Billingham with his offer to let go the last of his old stock - a billingham vest - at a price slightly lower than the Domke vest. It is something like this new model here http://www.billingham.co.uk/prodbuy.asp?id=108

It can be hot in the outdoors, but this vest is very well made. It has a quick dry type of material and also those "breathable" material thingy, inside. My wife who knows (nothing of photography items and more importantly cost) even commented that the vest must be expensive as it is very well made.

Does the vest make my images better? Yes and No - but definitely good for the business, cos it makes you look good, feel good (confident), your clients also looks good. You capture attention, ppl at the events approach you for your card etc. I am not complaining but the vest works for me Now all my various Nikon vests and company logo vest are just lying around unused

To Zoosh - I think the Domke is more cooling and suitable for walk about street photography. The material is good, Moreover, as you do more traveling overseas, I think the Domke is suitable, go for it I am sure you will not regret.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 20th July 2007 at 08:58 AM.

I wear my vest when I shoot event or wedding. The reason is that I can load battery pack, prime lense, my cigarette, my handphone, my batteries, bounce card, towel ......

It is more convenient to move around and can get my stuff without running through my bag. Just slip my hand to the vest pocket, and get what i want. With a belt pouch, it a bit bulky and bouncing if there is a lot of thing.

It do get hot, and you sweat. So I avoid wearing thick cotton shirt. I go for Dri-fit shirt. That why I am a fan of nike and adidas.... recently the weather are really hot, but should not be a problem if you are in aircondition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12