Thread: Help requiring embedded color profile?

Default Help requiring embedded color profile?

using both CS2 and elements5.

prefer elements but require CS2 to reserve the embedded profile. however, how can i preset such that the program will automatically open and use the embedded profile rather than other profiles?

i find that my nikon embedded profile gives the most accurate color profile upon conversion of raw into psd file.

the below is what i have to click everytime i open my raw file. i got to check the first option to use my embedded profile.

Last edited by zoossh; 7th July 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Default Re: Help requiring embedded color profile?

did a brief search but no similar threads on this automation issue.

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/searc...archid=4588362

can try:
    go under edit-> colour settings

under colour management policies:
    RGB:Preserve embedded profiles

thanks. tried that. but under the original monitor RGB - colorplus (i calibrate using an external device), the option of preserving embedded profile is grey out.

i have to choose some of the other options, such as adobe rgb 1998, apple RGB or sRGB etc, before i can choose that. didn't click on those printer profiles for RGB though.

which RGB mode do you use?

erm u mean u want to open and see the file under the colour of your 'calibrated monitor profile' while keeping the embedded profile intact?

actually I would like to know too, because I always set my working space to srgb, embedded.
    but do proofing using monitor calibrated profile.
    under view-> proof setup.
    So basically each time I open up an image I have to click 'proof setup' for it to display 'accurate calibrated colour'. Seems to work fine for me..
    ps: did a quick search on this and this is what I gathered: http://androidworkshop.com/ui/?p=6
    seems that the usual stuffs like setting ur work space, and using proof to have ur PS display the colour using ur calibrated profile .abit troublesome nonetheless, how I wished it would display image right away without having to click proof setup
    Last edited by ZeroDivine; 7th July 2007 at 10:43 PM.