Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: does money make you a happier person ?

Default Re: does money make you a happier person ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fumiryu View Post
    My take will be Money is not the root of evil, Lack of money IS!
    those whom have little, can't do much aniway. But those whom hav a lot but still wan more, these are more destructive.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

If money your servant... you will be alright... if money your master... than your are dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    If money your servant... you will be alright... if money your master... than your are dead!
    .. and what will u think of Singaporeans ? is money their servant or master ?

allow me to get all philosophical on this..

money is like fire.

without it, we can do little. we need its heat for warmth when we are cold. it gives us light to see when it's dark. we need it to cook our food. and so on, things that will be hard to get by without fire.

but let's not fool ourselves. fire can be dangerous, too. it can hurt us if we are not careful. we can get burnt. it can destroy our things if improperly managed. and if it gets out of control, we can even get consumed by it.

money is only but money - a man-made system. it is our human behavior and attitudes towards it that makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    allow me to get all philosophical on this..

money is like fire.

without it, we can do little. we need its heat for warmth when we are cold. it gives us light to see when it's dark. we need it to cook our food. and so on, things that will be hard to get by without fire.

but let's not fool ourselves. fire can be dangerous, too. it can hurt us if we are not careful. we can get burnt. it can destroy our things if improperly managed. and if it gets out of control, we can even get consumed by it.

money is only but money - a man-made system. it is our human behavior and attitudes towards it that makes the difference.
    wah steady... u sound very wise. Good !

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    But if A got lots of $ and get to try L lens & mkIII. He will buy them and be even happier when he sees the better pictures he can take
    Maybe he will be more happy.... but logically... A will not do that as he have a prudent lifestyle and pictures skill might be lousy.. but he enjoy looking the the pictures that engage his emotions when he look at the pictures.... That is the MAIN difference....

To A... the picture that engage his emotions and feeling is more important and the memories rather than taking fantastic shots with no memory, emotions, feeling....etc....

My focus is highlighting that money is not the most important but rather, enjoying what you do as a hobby or interest....

A approach, relax, leisure, have fun....

B, want to have best equipment and take the distraction out of his interest in photography, which should be fun and enjoyable in the first place.... but turn into a pursue of desires and wants....

I think it is applicable to view of life.... life should be interesting... work hard, play hard, have fun..... but any desires that cloud out your life will make you feel miserable, and you will not enjoy your life as much as it should....

eg. Comparison of life with others, allowing wants controlling your life instead of you managing your life...

ie. Like what others bro here mentioned about fire, being a good slave and bad master, and money.....

It is how one manage life's expectation... it is not easy........ and managing the desires.... temptation.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Money makes you happier? Yes and no. But no $ would definately make you sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    Money makes you happier? Yes and no. But no $ would definately make you sad.
    do u realise this ? in Singapore, lack of money will cause one to be apart from society.

We are progressing into a materialistic society.
    So yes, money will make me happy, cos I can finally pay off my car and house loans.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis of a government
    Flickr

Financial security/freedom is important.
    But money must be safeguarded (meaning you do not throw it frivolously on fancy cars, glitzy long drawn out high end tours, China girls, yachts, etc....)
    If spent wisely and carefully it is OK.
    For those who have too much (the 1&#37, money can also attract all the wrong types of "friends". So be selective and perhaps categorise your friends.
    Well, most of us (the other 99%) including me, are working like dogs just to pay the bills and survive.

No not for me... money cannot buy health, it also cannot buy love. its temporary..

The following quote help me focus......
    "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."- Jim Elliot

money cant buy everything... but on the otherhand u cannot live without it.
    whoopieGal:gbounce:
    We're so young and so gone, let's chase the dragon from our home...

Quote Originally Posted by whoopiegal View Post
    money cant buy everything... but on the otherhand u cannot live without it.
    it is a balance, balance in everything is the key to success in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    agree 100%!! everything in life needs balance....
    whoopieGal:gbounce:
    We're so young and so gone, let's chase the dragon from our home...

Why not the billionaires give me some of his money so that our wealth is balanced???

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Why not the billionaires give me some of his money so that our wealth is balanced???
    Master to money or a slave?

a definite yes
    it can make others happy too

Ofcouse la~

Parts of "Man"'s Life is always attractive ladys.

No MONEY no woman... Do u think u can still there is anyone pretty gals that you stick with you without money?? idun think so.

Also No money. No Camera~~~~~~ "Cant leave without it. haha

When you already have those things / people that matters to you, money means nothing.

do u realise this ? in Singapore, lack of money will cause one to be apart from society.
    Not only I realised, but I've been there. Had a good life since young, now I lost it all (long story), chose to help my current gf whose divorced and older, with her house, car, phone, etc debts. Everyone tells me I'm stupid. I guess I am.. but I find no reason to have money if I can't help someone whose in need. But she's not appreciative either.. tells me she can find 100 other guys who can do the same to her.
    Apart from society? definately.. crappy society we live in. But I've learned to be humble and simple, makes one a nicer person. My friend just borrow my clubsnap nick to buy/sell cams, not me. Right now I don't even own any camera, sold all, I do long for a cam someday, in fact everyday..
    Well that's my life for now. Now I'm sad because I'm quite hungry. I'm just too soft hearted and stupid thats all.
    Last edited by dennisc; 23rd July 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast