Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: does money make you a happier person ?

Default Re: does money make you a happier person ?

only one way to find out---- try me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    It should be Greed for money.

But i disagree that it is the "root" of evil. It may still be other factors (sometimes not money alone)
    Origin of phrase.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Origin of phrase.
    I disagree with the author/s. However, it defer among different opinions (love or greed) or it may be confer as "love for greed" / "addicted to greed" (not necessary the material "money" itself only).

Peace.
    Last edited by kitkat; 7th July 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    However, it defer among different opinions (love or greed) or it may be confer as "love for greed" / "addicted to greed" (not necessary the material "money" itself only).

Peace.
    You are right in the sense that love for money can also be "classified" as greed.

Gene Simmons, the front man of KISS, once said: For who ever says that money doesn't make you happy, give ME your money and i'll show you happy!

Being Happy Draws More into our lives...Even Money TheSecret

It is too vague.... you never say what do you start off with... you have money for food, and the basic, or you have excess.....

My take... if you have roof over head, and food to eat, and money to buy camera and lens, you should be contented..... and can be happy..... but Human WANTS is limitless....

Scenario 1: A have a 400D. A have a kit lens & enjoy taking pictures and love keeping the memories even though color contrast, etc might not be the best or sharpest.

A income is limited, but he enjoys photography regardless of the lens he uses.... when he have enough saving, he get a tamron, sigma, etc..... as he need that lens.. eg. aperture, etc.... but not the TOP in his list... he enjoy a normal life, and go eat food courst, and restaurant...

Scenario 2: B have a 400D, but people say kt lens sucks... B's ego is damaged... pictures shooting session is not that enjoyable as B's lens is not good as people says so.... B want to have the BEST equipments, the best out there..... though B might be new, or seasoned shot do not sell their shots, who seldom exceed 8R print.

B desire make him want to get a L lens, a 2.8 aperture lens, and so many item... and B is not enjoying your photography as you should as A.....

B income is limited but you try to eat grass, eat bread to squeeze money for the lens, and upset that need to wait so long to buy the lens....

With Money, B will be happy. He can buy his L lens....

But without the money, A is equally happy.... without the L lens, etc.....

I think it should be.... "Be happy & contented with what you have"........

Basic like food, Singaporean waste and throw it away, while people are starving in 3rd world... they want BASIC like food but could not afford, and we have some SG gals trying to slim down.....

I think we should just sent those Singapore gals to 3 rd world for a sliming course... This is very lop sided view right??
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 8th July 2007 at 12:03 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

you can try to ask the 44 person.

Well according to studies, once your personal needs are met, money isn't that much of a deal.

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/r...16_money.shtml

BERKELEY – Few would disagree that, to a certain extent, money brings happiness. But according to researchers at University of California, Berkeley, once enough is earned to meet basic needs, money in relation to happiness is a very personal equation.

In fact, employees who are primarily motivated by the love of their work become less happy the more money they make.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Well according to studies, once your personal needs are met, money isn't that much of a deal.

does it work in SG ?

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post

It's true, onces my personal needs** are met, money isn;'t much of a deal.

** Note: my personal needs are: 3-storey bungalows, Ferrari, personal yacht, chairman and shareholder of a MNC...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    It's true, onces my personal needs** are met, money isn;'t much of a deal.

** Note: my personal needs are: 3-storey bungalows, Ferrari, personal yacht, chairman and shareholder of a MNC...
    What was once a goal , met and became a past tense.
    What was once a goal, did not meet, and become a past tense.
    Desire are rarely reign and met, for we are craved deeper into it.
    It is only a (change in)namesake that we excuse ourselves from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    true happiness is conditionless
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    if one is 'addicted' to the kind of 'happiness' that money brings, i hope you will realise how superficial that happiness is based on.
    =) upz haha

Yes I will be happier!

Those who are not happy with $, please PM me I am glad to give you my account number for you to transfer your $ to me

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    It is too vague.... you never say what do you start off with... you have money for food, and the basic, or you have excess.....

My take... if you have roof over head, and food to eat, and money to buy camera and lens, you should be contented..... and can be happy..... but Human WANTS is limitless....

Scenario 1: A have a 400D. A have a kit lens & enjoy taking pictures and love keeping the memories even though color contrast, etc might not be the best or sharpest.

A income is limited, but he enjoys photography regardless of the lens he uses.... when he have enough saving, he get a tamron, sigma, etc..... as he need that lens.. eg. aperture, etc.... but not the TOP in his list... he enjoy a normal life, and go eat food courst, and restaurant...

Scenario 2: B have a 400D, but people say kt lens sucks... B's ego is damaged... pictures shooting session is not that enjoyable as B's lens is not good as people says so.... B want to have the BEST equipments, the best out there..... though B might be new, or seasoned shot do not sell their shots, who seldom exceed 8R print.

B desire make him want to get a L lens, a 2.8 aperture lens, and so many item... and B is not enjoying your photography as you should as A.....

B income is limited but you try to eat grass, eat bread to squeeze money for the lens, and upset that need to wait so long to buy the lens....

With Money, B will be happy. He can buy his L lens....

But without the money, A is equally happy.... without the L lens, etc.....

I think it should be.... "Be happy & contented with what you have"........

Basic like food, Singaporean waste and throw it away, while people are starving in 3rd world... they want BASIC like food but could not afford, and we have some SG gals trying to slim down.....

I think we should just sent those Singapore gals to 3 rd world for a sliming course... This is very lop sided view right??
    But if A got lots of $ and get to try L lens & mkIII. He will buy them and be even happier when he sees the better pictures he can take

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    But if A got lots of $ and get to try L lens & mkIII. He will buy them and be even happier when he sees the better pictures he can take
    .. but what if his skills is lousy and yet uses MK3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    .. but what if his skills is lousy and yet uses MK3 ?
    sell mk3 and get 1Ds loh.

blame it of mk3 af issue.

i guess this song express some of our hearts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZbLf_5V8fw&NR=1

when other things fade, still got money.. taht is the time feel money is the most important thing lor...happy...might not be...
    Yes, Tough I am.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    tink you misunderstand.. money is not evil..love for money is.
    My take will be Money is not the root of evil, Lack of money IS!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast