Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    59

    Wink Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view


  2. #2

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    It seems like the TS didn't do adequate research before jumping to conclusions.

  3. #3
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    Maybe can approach some of the Csers here, some will do for free and foot the studio

    booking costs as well
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Well, to consumers photography is a matter of 'pressing a button'.

    Pass them a SLR, and see what happens to their first 100 shots.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Maybe can approach some of the Csers here, some will do for free and foot the studio

    booking costs as well
    No need the service of free photographers lah.

    We can teach you to shoot self-portrait and lend you scarf and lens caps to wear also.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    to a consumer... its always expensive no matter how u charge.. they never take into account the equipment cost, rental cost etc etc...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    $500 for a portrait is expensive, esp. for a fresh graduate.

    Rather than bitch about customers not appreciating the costs of running a photography business, one can try to look at it as an opportunity.

    Before McDonalds, hamburgers were more than US$10, people ate them at the diner, they took time to prepare, and came on a plate with fries and fork and knife.

    McDonalds drove prices down to as low as $1.99 and it came in a package, and took less than 1 min to serve.

    Can't someone do the same for photography? $9.99 convocation packages anyone? You could make a fortune, just like the founder of McDonalds.
    Last edited by waileong; 6th July 2007 at 04:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    We, the Citizens of Singapore
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    well it's like that. when you dun appreciate sumtin, any price is considered expensive.
    when you appreciate sumtin, then u'll understand why some things are priced this way

    ask the TS whether he feels his branded stuffs are expensive lor

  9. #9

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Well, to consumers photography is a matter of 'pressing a button'.

    Pass them a SLR, and see what happens to their first 100 shots.
    take award winning photo?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Want cheap cheap go Johore
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    jus post in consumer's corner c if got ppl respond to such svc lo. there may will b some tt costs less w/ standards not lagging too far behind...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    oh my goal in life.... to be the mcdonalds of the photographic world

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    oh my goal in life.... to be the mcdonalds of the photographic world
    So we'll see your M on top of every studio roof in every corner we go?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Hahahaha!

    DIY with pro camera is the best but doesn't include professional printing package
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Best part is, there's a monkey that seems to be trying to undercut the studios by using forums to carry out networking.

    Would be funny if he's referring people HERE to CS, hee hee!
    Last edited by night86mare; 7th July 2007 at 07:06 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Hahahaha!


    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Best part is, there's a monkey that seems to be trying to undercut the studios by using forums to carry out networking.

    Would be funny if he's referring people HERE to CS, hee hee!
    there could even b a community of monkeys...

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Something is only expensive if it's not worth the money.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    oh my goal in life.... to be the mcdonalds of the photographic world

    Ive seen your work and I don't think it is in the McDonalds category. I'm willing to pay more for it.. maybe Carl's Jr.

  18. #18
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    $500 for a portrait is expensive, esp. for a fresh graduate.

    Rather than bitch about customers not appreciating the costs of running a photography business, one can try to look at it as an opportunity.

    Before McDonalds, hamburgers were more than US$10, people ate them at the diner, they took time to prepare, and came on a plate with fries and fork and knife.

    McDonalds drove prices down to as low as $1.99 and it came in a package, and took less than 1 min to serve.

    Can't someone do the same for photography? $9.99 convocation packages anyone? You could make a fortune, just like the founder of McDonalds.
    there are $38 packages for one solo convocation portraits, and there also many convocation plus family package at $200 range, and it been advertise in the year books if I remember correctly.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    Ask for studio TFCD/TFP lor.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Studio Photo Expensive - From consumers' point of view

    the only way to counter this mentality is to make sure our photography skills beat any monkey with an SLR, and then refuse to charge less than a certain amount of money for any shots.
    That way people will gradually think photography is something you HAVE to be prepared to pay for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •